OL IS BACK AND BETTER

It is great to be able to visit my many good and respected friends on OL again. I was really disappointed on the couple of days when I tried to visit and found it down. Thanks Kat and Michael for all of your efforts to create this great online Galt's Gulch! Thanks for bringing it back better than ever.

I really would like to trottle that hacker. I was on vacation from 16 July to 24 July and entertained myself with an unusual number of posts. I also read some very good posts by others in that period. Yes, this malicious hacker is one very sick puppy. He has not taken to house training at all.

Angie,

The question is; where's your pic? ;)

I've finally gotten up enough nerve to post a picture of me. I do not have many as I can be very elusive at times. I just don't like having my picture taken for obvious reasons. I had a wonderful close up that was very flattering but unfortunately can't find it now. It was one of my better shots. I just recently went to Texas and I got much coverage. I'm going to be heading Rich's way soon.

bigfoot.jpg

I was unfortunately spotted but got away. Since I don't want to make this post too long, I'm including a partial news clip of my most recent sighting.

Big Foot Texas Times

Bigfoot Prints Found in Texas

By Hairy Butte

Texas and neighboring states have a long history of sightings. Local Native American lore is replete with legends of giant, shaggy women. Sightings by white settlers date back to the "Wild Woman of the Navidad," a Bigfoot-like creature reportedly observed in 1837 along the Navidad River near the present-day town of Victoria, Texas. Other 19th-century reports describe oversize, barefoot footprints and a creature covered in short, brown hair with an unbearable stench. The beast, it was said, moved quickly enough to elude efforts to lasso it from horseback.

“Some of them are recent reports while others may be 30 years old,” he said. “But they all tell us something. If an area has a bunch of sightings over a long period of time, we know that’s a good area to research.” Researching an area consists of looking for sign like footprints and twisted limbs and listening for vocalizations. “We have recorded some noises we just can’t place with known animals. Some of these sounds are pretty amazing, even frightening,” Hamilton said. The group has even found some hair samples. Primatologists who examined the samples said they were from “no known animal.” One came back as matching alleged Bigfoot hair gathered in the Pacific Northwest.

“There are people within our group who have seen these horrific creatures, myself included. Some joined the group because they saw one and others have seen them in the course of research.” “Since our members have seen these creatures, that’s a big part of the reason we’re so passionate about studying them. It’s one thing to read about them, but another to see them and smell them,” he said.

“We get reports from time to time,” Crabtree said. “In fact, a few years ago I got a report from several different people who reported seeing a large hairy creature off of Highway 71. Three motorists saw this thing on the side of the road at the same time, and on the same night a lady who had no knowledge of the other sightings reported seeing the same thing in the same general area.”

Do a handful of these creatures roam the vast woodlands of the Lone Star State? Well, no one has proven it. Then again, no one has disproven it either.

Angie aka Bigfoot

It is great to be able to visit my many good and respected friends on OL again. I was really disappointed on the couple of days when I tried to visit and found it down. Thanks Kat and Michael for all of your efforts to create this great online Galt's Gulch! Thanks for bringing it back better than ever.

I really would like to trottle that hacker. I was on vacation from 16 July to 24 July and entertained myself with an unusual number of posts. I also read some very good posts by others in that period. Yes, this malicious hacker is one very sick puppy. He has not taken to house training at all.

Charles, did you keep any copies. I didn't. I wrote somewhere, I think it was in an email to Michael or Kat, I can always rewrite about ideas but the dynamics of a dialogue can never be recreated. I can assure you, I will save more of the posts that have meaning to me in the future.

Our online Galt's Gulch was attacked by Dr. Floyd Ferris. He tried to use technology for destructive purposes. We, the creators, experienced a little setback, learned our lesson, refuse to be his victims , and will continue to create. He will continue to look for victims to cheat of their creations but will never create himself. He is an insignificant little worm who's only self-value is found in his affect on others and only efficacy is found in manipulating others. Some existence he has carved out for himself. (Just my pleasant little fiction about the malicious piece of shit who wanted to wreck our sanctuary.)

Paul

(Highjack in progress)

Not so fast Lil' Miss Firecracker!

You seem to have forgotten one particular Texan with a camera!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present the lovely CNA!!!!!!

BigfootME.jpg

When I snapped this picture, Angie had had about 6 of my special cocktails made up of Boones Farm & Nyquil and was just starting to loosen up! She is a natural model as you can see here. She did her own hair and she looks wonderful with out makeup! She even filed down her knuckle callouses for the shoot as you can see.

Of course the photo shoot came to an abrupt end about two minutes later when Angie passed out in a patch of poison ivy. You see I was low on Boones Farm at the time and made up the difference with extra Nyquil. Ooop!

17 hours later she woke up with a bad case of bed head and a whole lot of itching! Needless to say she was not in the mood for any more picture taking.

But with all that said,

Just look at those lucious locks!

Look at those wide feminine shoulders!

And yes boys, that body hair goes the whole nine yards, if you know what I mean!

And if you look closely, you can make just make out her flaring nostrils!

Ain't she purdy!!!!

I hear she has now been offered a job as a demonstration model for a specialty chair company in Ohio! You go girl!!

You better be grinnin' Firecracker!

And thanks for that doohicky you gave me! It made all the difference!!!

gw

PS - Yes, my real name is Hairy Butte.

(End of Highjack)

Here is a small update on the clean-up progress from my end.

All of the posts in the Corner Office and in the different Corners (except the Branden Corner, which will be finished tomorrow) have been personally checked by me for broken OL links and proper formatting. I literally go to each thread and look at each post and edit the ones that need fixing. All links in those sections now work. (If you find a broken link, please drop me a note.) Many random articles and threads have been fixed also (in checking a link, sometimes I just go ahead and clean up the entire thread I linked to).

Those of you who navigated the site right after it went back up might notice that the large honking text you saw sometimes is mostly now gone.

There are over 6,000 posts, so that is why this is taking some time. I hope to be finished with the entire site before too long.

Michael

Angie,

The question is; where's your pic? ;)

Jody,

You asked where is my pic. I have asked Mike or Kat to please post my picture for reasons that are very selfish to me and no one else. Reasons I'm sure most would not be able to guess as to why. You've been a doll to me and thank you.

Angie

:shocked:

Damn, Firecracker you clean up good!

Now that is what I call a face. I'm not talking about beauty, I'm talking about Serenity. Peace.

And that is what I call a smile. You can just see the true love of life that is in you.

And that is what I call a pair of eyes. They gleam with intellect and a radiance for living.

It is the face of self esteem!

It reminds me a whole lot of another face. It reminds me of that lil' russian gal up in the top left corner next to the Objectivist Living sign.

Pardon me if I stare!!!

gw

:shocked:

Damn, Firecracker you clean up good!

Now that is what I call a face. I'm not talking about beauty, I'm talking about Serenity. Peace.

And that is what I call a smile. You can just see the true love of life that is in you.

And that is what I call a pair of eyes. They gleam with intellect and a radiance for living.

It is the face of self esteem!

It reminds me a whole lot of another face. It reminds me of that lil' russian gal up in the top left corner next to the Objectivist Living sign.

Pardon me if I stare!!!

gw

Gary,

Very sweet and thank you so much for the compliments !!!! Yes, I am very happy, I love my life, I am at peace, and I am serene. It was well worth the battle and fight. But dammit, I'm done. Now it is just enjoying what I've found !!!!

By the way, I love your signature, the quote, and it is my favorite so far, especially these words in particular: "a few in each generation will grasp and achieve the full reality of man’s proper stature."

Angie

Edited by Kat

Technical Problem Fixed Instantly

If some of you suddenly encountered difficulty entering the forums and topics, there was a small technical problem. I know everybody is antsy because of the hacker attack, but we are sitting pretty, folks.

The Invision Power Board company only has telephone service during business hours and this problem occurred in the middle of the night. But it does have what they call a "ticket" service where you send in a written description of the technical problems. Their technicians either fix the problem or request more information. One ticket category is called "Emergency Hosting."

Here is what happened:

1. I became aware of the problem.

2. I opened an emergency ticket, stating that the board was non-functional and giving a sample of the error message. (I also included "HEEEEEELLLPPPP!!!")

3. Within LESS THAN FIVE MINUTES the problem was fixed. Not just answered. Fixed.

Here was the answer on my ticket:

Hello,

This should now be fixed,

Thanks.

That's it? No long wait? No complicated 50 dollar words? No excuses? Dayaamm!

I pressed my luck. I wanted more info as to what happened and asked if it was serious. He answered me within about TWO MINUTES. Here was the note:

Hello,

One of your mySQL tables was corrupted,

I've repaired the table and this shouldn't happen again,

Thanks.

Folks, all forums have glitches at times. No exceptions. But if this is the way we are going to have trouble, this is no trouble at all. This is heaven compared to the recent hell Kat and I went through.

I think I will sleep well tonight.

Michael

Blogs!

Objectivist Living now has blogs. If you currently have a blog please create a blog in "My Controls" that links to your existing blog and will drive traffic there.

There are basically two types of blogs, externally hosted and hosted on OL and they are distinguishable by different icons. We will start hosting blogs on OL in the near future so if you are interested in starting a new blog, let me know.

Kat