The 2016 Presidential Ticket Thread[it was tough not putting this into Humor]

Please...he is not brown enough...there is very little Indian left in him!!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should have time today or this long weekend to update this thread and include some of the options that now exist, as well as get each persons latest tickets up to date.

Here is a great shot of the use of billboards...

Bernie-Billboard.jpg

Bernie Sanders has wowed "progressives" in California and Wisconsin. Come primary time, I may choose a Democrat ballot and Sanders. I think he would have a lesser chance of winning than Hillary in November 2016.

Sanders is helping Clinton by making her appear more centrist. So far the nomination is hers. From her perspective, that's all she needs. More and more discovery about her louseness won't hurt her until and unless the mainstream media finds something better and goes all in on the better and all in on trashing her to the extent necessary to better get the better. (Trashing can be subtle to above-board vicious.) It happened to her in 2008 when Obama was the "better." It's not going to be Bernie Sanders for the same reason it won't be Trump--that is, Trump vs Sanders. Even MSM won't stomach clown vs clown.

--Brant

Bernie Sanders has wowed "progressives" in California and Wisconsin. Come primary time, I may choose a Democrat ballot and Sanders. I think he would have a lesser chance of winning than Hillary in November 2016.

Excellent Merlin.

This is called tactical and strategic. Of course you try to put the worst possible "candidate" on the main opposing line.

The saddest part is that "we" are not establishing a stealth party with a generic progressive symbol to drain off votes in the general just in case it is Hillary Evita.

The Republican Party needs to retreat into being a footnote in history.

A...

Fox just said Virginias Webb is declaring. He was a war hero and I seriously do not think he would declare unless two decisions are in play. One, he smells blood in the water. Hillary is going to implode. Or Two, he is running for VEEP.

Brant wrote: It's not going to be Bernie Sanders for the same reason it won't be Trump--that is Trump vs Sanders. Even MSM won't stomach clown vs clown. end quote

This is the NEXT TO last July 4th before the November 2016 election. And the following poll is specific, not one of those biased and skewed national CNN polls which show who the left likes best or who Old Hillary can beat the easiest.

Quinnipiac, In Iowa: Walker 18, Carson 10, Bush 8, Paul 9, Rubio 7, Huckabee 5, Trump 10, Cruz 9, Santorum 4, Christie 1, Perry 4, Fiorina 3, Kasich 2, Jindal 3.

Now subtract those who have no chance at the Presidency due to negative polling, and that eliminates Carson and Trump.

And then eliminate the REAL long shots which are Huckabee and Santorum. I will wait and see about Christie now that he has declared. And it is surprising that Kasich pulls in so few votes since he is physically close to Iowa.

That leaves: Walker 18, Bush 8, Paul 9, Rubio 7, Cruz 9, Christie 1, Perry 4, Fiorina 3, Kasich 2, Jindal 3.

Who would I be OK with IF THEY ARE RUNNING AGAINST OLD HICKORY CLINTON? Walker 18, Bush 8, Paul 9, Rubio 7, Cruz 9, Perry 4, Fiorina 3, Jindal 3.

Who would be my favorites? Walker 18, Paul 9, Rubio 7, Cruz 9.

So my question to everyone is: Can you narrow it down to year 3 or 4 favorite candidates who could be elected?

Someone else thinking ahead...

--------------------------------------------------

Mach·i·a·vel·li·an
ˌmakēəˈvelēən,ˌmäk-/
adjective
adjective: Machiavellian
cunning, scheming, and unscrupulous, especially in politics or in advancing one's career.
synonyms: devious, cunning, crafty, artful, wily, sly, scheming, treacherous, two-faced, Janus-faced, tricky, double-dealing, unscrupulous, deceitful, dishonest;

I caught several videos about Trump today.

The left and the big-government Republicans are really bothered by Trump. They are all talking the same crap, that Trump is going to spoil the race somehow. A distraction. Will hog the media.

Even Chuck Todd said Trump plays by his own set of rules. What rules? According to Todd, Trump will say anything on any media. He will say what's on his mind, regardless. And this isn't fair to others.

Say what?

Yup.

That's his beef. That Trump doesn't try to deceive anyone about what he believes.

See here for the Todd video, but he's not the only person saying goofball things about Trump today. That is the gist underlying the criticism of all the others I heard today.

Trump was asked if his comments would hurt his chances. He said he tells the truth. If such truth hurts him, it hurts him. He's still going to say it.

How in hell is that a bad thing for anyone?

The media controllers claim this is the talk of a buffoon. But I bet a ton-load of people who were previously not sympathetic to Trump are suddenly listening--and it sounds good to them. Not enough to convince, not yet, but enough for them to think, "Wait a minute. I want to hear more from that guy." The media controllers know it, too.

I believe this is why I sense the fear in them.

Oh yeah. That and the fact Trump can fund his own campaign if he wishes. He has no need for old power structures and party bosses. He doesn't need their money.

Michael

Trump is also as asshole and a buffoon.

Really Bob?

Got any facts for that conclusion?

A...

Really Bob?

Got any facts for that conclusion?

A...

Listen to him.

He's no longer a viable presidential candidate because of his immigrant comments. If your statements don't support your candidacy and you make them anyway, you're finished except for the points you want to make on top of all the money you want to put into your campaign as long as you and your money continue to garner the attention you want. He's really a publicity candidate.

--Brant

Baal wrote: Trump is also as asshole and a buffoon. end quote

And Adam responded: Really Bob? Got any facts for that conclusion? end quote

Hot off the Presses! While most are slamming Donald Trump for calling Mexican immigrants criminals and "rapists," actress America Ferrerra who played Ugly Betty on TV is thanking him. "You see, what you just did with your straight talk was send more Latino voters to the polls than several registration rallies combined! Thank you for that," Ferrerra wrote in a guest blog for the Huffington Post.

In a related story, a surge of swimmer-shark incidents off the Carolinas has beachgoers nervous, and scientists puzzled. The shark doing the biting, Trumpasauas Bigmouthacus, has been biting Hispanics but leaving other folks alone. But are black swimmers next? Whats going on wonders Zoologist Diego Garcia? End of phony Huff Post article.

This is proof that Trump never had any intention of being a serious candidate. And he could alienate ALL Republican candidates from Latinos. If the trend against Republicans continues it would actually increase the primary election chances for Jeb Bush who is married to a Latina, Cruz, and Rubio. And it also increases their odds for a Vice Presidential slot.

Brant wrote: He's no longer a viable presidential candidate because of his immigrant comments. If your statements don't support your candidacy and you make them anyway, you're finished except for the points you want to make on top of all the money you want to put into your campaign as long as you and your money continue to garner the attention you want. He's really a publicity candidate. end quote

My thoughts exactly. Hes a publicity candidate, publicity hound, and spoiler. He should have qualified his statements. I still agree he adds something to the campaign shock value and press coverage, but it is NEGATIVE, vote losing trash talk.

Democrats who are probable candidates, or, have declared:

DECLARED

Sanders O'Malley Evita Webb Chaffee

PROBABLE

Biden Warren Diblasio Gore

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Republicans

DECLARED

Cruz Fiorina Kasich Bush Santorum Trump Dr.Carson Pitaki <<<<< roflmao.gif Christie Walker Jindal Rubio Paul

PROBABLE

Michele O'bama

I am sure I forgot some so add to the list please...

Balanced long view and some specification for the headline MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN is here, with the following caveat:

America cannot even lay claim any more to its great, uncontested boast since 1872, of being the world's largest economy. The IMF now estimates that China's economy is fractionally bigger. Yet it would be a mistake to exaggerate the downsizing of American influence. US military spending continues to dwarf its rivals, and up until last year amounted to more than the next 10 countries combined. In 2014, America spent $731bn, compared to China's $143bn. Even though China's economy is now larger, America's per capita spending power is in a different league - $53,000 to $11,868.

The greatness of a civilization from a Randian perspective would seem to be greatness in keeping man free of men in that civilization. There is much reason to think that to the extent a people can organize their society truly according to that norm, that is, to consistently organize itself in protection of individual rights of those people, it will achieve also greatness in productivity. To talk of greatness in productivity and national defense is to talk about greatness in things not puffery, although they are not at the center, and it is clear that without direct talk of individual rights as the center, the whole concept of individual rights remains poorly grasped, ignored, and trashed.

"The concept of individual rights is so prodigious a feat of political thinking that few men grasp it fully—and two hundred years have not been enough for other countries to understand it. But this is the concept to which we owe our lives—the concept which makes it possible for us to bring into reality everything of value that any of us did or will achieve or experience" –AR

He's no longer a viable presidential candidate because of his immigrant comments. If your statements don't support your candidacy and you make them anyway, you're finished except for the points you want to make on top of all the money you want to put into your campaign as long as you and your money continue to garner the attention you want. He's really a publicity candidate.

--Brant

He's still going. I might have been wrong here.

--Brant

it hurts to be wrong and the pain's getting closer

• 2 weeks later...

By the way boys and girls, Rand Paul was on Mark Levin tonight.

And, this is news, Carly Fiorina will be on Mark's show this week I believe.

Lindsay "Cross Dressing" Graham, has refused to come on Mark's show.

A...

Bush - Rubio

Clinton - Sanders

Bush in a landslide ,

Trump and Sarah P , 3rd party

Didn't you predict in the Trump thread that he would splinter off and fuck the Republicans over by doing so and splitting the vote?

Which is it?

Republicans

DECLARED

Cruz Fiorina Kasich Bush Santorum Trump Dr.Carson Pitaki [...] Christie Walker Jindal Rubio Paul

[...]

I am sure I forgot some so add to the list please...

Rick Perry and Mike Huckabee?

I have ended up with seventeen choices, Adam ... taken from the site http://2016.republican-candidates.org/ (which has even more); I hope you will add your best guess at some point, at the OL poll found here. We might as well combine efforts ...

Edited by william.scherk

(which has even more); I hope you will add your best guess at some point, at the OL poll found here. We might as well combine efforts ...

My best guess at what Bill?

And combine efforts to do what?

The thread I started has a different purpose than your thread.

A...

(which has even more); I hope you will add your best guess at some point, at the OL poll found here. We might as well combine efforts ...

My best guess at what Bill?

And combine efforts to do what?

The thread I started has a different purpose than your thread.

Indeed it does ... it is a place to guess at the final ballot match-ups or pick a favourite, have fun kicking around a few scenarios, and so on. In this instance, however, and what I quoted above, were the list/row of Republican Candidates. In this thread here, only a few have bothered to colour inside your lines. You said, "The aim of this thread is to have fun and see who can come closest and earliest to the final ticket(s)." I thought my poll was a way to keep track of the overall guesses for the GOP presidential candidate alone.

So, your best guess at ... who will end up being the GOP presidential candidate. Please follow the link and add your opinion if you wish and if it's not too much trouble. Even though we have this thread for fun, there is a central poll to keep track of more serious estimations. I have made my two ballot guesses here, and I hope you will make your GOP primary winner guess there.

Your purpose is complementary to mine, I figger.

Edited by william.scherk

Your purpose is complementary to mine, I figger.

Fair enough.