Ayn Rand and Two Guys Walk Into a Bar...

The following is a pretty lame joke I got off of Facebook. Well... maybe not that lame, but I'm on the target end, so it's not as funny to me as it is to a progressive or other big government apologist. The original is a Tweet from one Miss O'Kistic (see here).

Ayn Rand, Rand Paul, and Paul Ryan walk into a bar. The bartender serves them tainted alcohol because there were no regulations. They die.

This joke does have teeth, though, if one is preaching to the choir. It resonated all over the Internet with both polarized sides duking it out in several places.

I tried to make a counter and it's cute. I wish it had more teeth. Still, it's good for a chuckle.

Michael Moore, Saul Alinsky and Barack Obama walk into a bar. Moore films an unflushed toilet in the men's room, Alinsky starts a riot, and Obama enacts an Executive Order. They confiscate the bar and jail the bartender.

:smile:

Anyone want to give another try?

Michael

That joke is really lame no matter how you look at it. I'm pretty sure I could do better right off the top of my head.

An Objectivist goes to a public library. He picks up a copy of Atlas Shrugged, but is confused by the lack of a price sticker. He asks the librarian how much the book costs. The librarian says that the book is public property and he can check it out at no cost. He then throws the librarian down a stairwell.

That joke is really lame no matter how you look at it. I'm pretty sure I could do better right off the top of my head.

An Objectivist goes to a public library. He picks up a copy of Atlas Shrugged, but is confused by the lack of a price sticker. He asks the librarian how much the book costs. The librarian says that the book is public property and he can check it out at no cost. He then throws the librarian down a stairwell.

By "better" do you mean lamer?

--Brant

The following is a pretty lame joke I got off of Facebook. Well... maybe not that lame, but I'm on the target end, so it's not as funny to me as it is to a progressive or other big government apologist. The original is a Tweet from one Miss O'Kistic (see here).

Ayn Rand, Rand Paul, and Paul Ryan walk into a bar. The bartender serves them tainted alcohol because there were no regulations. They die.

This joke does have teeth, though, if one is preaching to the choir. It resonated all over the Internet with both polarized sides duking it out in several places.

I tried to make a counter and it's cute. I wish it had more teeth. Still, it's good for a chuckle.

Michael Moore, Saul Alinsky and Barack Obama walk into a bar. Moore films an unflushed toilet in the men's room, Alinsky starts a riot, and Obama enacts an Executive Order. They confiscate the bar and jail the bartender.

:smile:

Anyone want to give another try?

Michael

Too much advantage--their dojo.

--Brant

If laws were based on the ideas of Rand, Paul and Ryan, it would be illegal to serve lethally tainted alcohol.

In a truly free market, tainted and low-quality products would be much less common than in a taxed and regulated market.

Miss O'Kistic's view seems to be that the nature of mankind is to cheat and to be willing to harm one's fellow humans to make a quick buck, and therefore we should create a political system in which we centralize power and put it in the hands of those who are the most eager to cheat and harm their fellow humans on the largest scale, rather than eliminating or dispersing that power as widely as possible.

Idiot.

J

If laws were based on the ideas of Rand, Paul and Ryan, it would be illegal to serve lethally tainted alcohol.

In a truly free market, tainted and low-quality products would be much less common than in a taxed and regulated market.

Miss O'Kistic's view seems to be that the nature of mankind is to cheat and to be willing to harm one's fellow humans to make a quick buck, and therefore we should create a political system in which we centralize power and put it in the hands of those who are the most eager to cheat and harm their fellow humans on the largest scale, rather than eliminating or dispersing that power as widely as possible.

Idiot.

J

Exactly right. What are your premises? as Rand would say. Dumbfounded, Miss O'Kistic would most likely say something profound, like "Huh?" Then Rand would procede to name them, and eviscerate them. As you just did..

If I come up with a joke it'll be so good Michael will have to lock down the thread to keep me from being assaulted with various flavors of jealousy. That's why I'm looking for a lousy alternative, but for the life of me I can't do it. You'd think it'd be the simplest thing in the world.

--Brant

Hey, if Ayn Rand walks into a bar, Paul And Ryan follow her. After checking the premises.

And this ladies and gentlemen and all the other choices in between and outside the box, hmmm maybe a

better choice on that last word, ...

is why we missed her so much.

A...

Hey, if Ayn Rand walks into a bar, Paul And Ryan follow her. After checking the premises.

And this ladies and gentlemen and all the other choices in between and outside the box, hmmm maybe a

better choice on that last word, ...

is why we missed her so much.

A...

Hear hear!

That is a really cute bar joke.

:)

Michael

If Ayn Rand walks into a bar three men will follow her. Dominique had three men, so did Dominique. The problem is they all had to take numbers--except for the first guy. In TF the first guy was the last guy. In AS the first guy became second guy (no guy) to the last guy. Onwards and upwards, so too goes Objectivism!

--Brant

joke?--I don't need no stinkin' joke!

Dominique had three men, so did Dominique.

--Brant

Just maybe a stinkin' proof reader...seems DD's got in your way...and I know you like to keep abreast

of everything...

A...

going into OL's witness protection program

Dominique had three men, so did Dominique.

--Brant

Just maybe a stinkin' proof reader...seems DD's got in your way...and I know you like to keep abreast

of everything...

A...

going into OL's witness protection program

So did Dagny.

--Brnt

Jim Beam