Documentary: "William S. Burroughs: A Man Within

Rich Engle

That's pretty shallow, Brant, I dare say. But yes, he did do that. He killed her. But that doesn't really take away from his writing, does it?

rde

Just completed the D.A.R.E. program ("Drugs Are Really Excellent")

That's pretty shallow, Brant, I dare say. But yes, he did do that. He killed her. But that doesn't really take away from his writing, does it?

rde

I'm pretty broad minded but he has nothing to do with anything that can be considered part of an Objectivist culture.

--Brant

rde

I'm pretty broad minded but he has nothing to do with anything that can be considered part of an Objectivist culture.

--Brant

I don't mean to be overly contentious (or maybe I do), but what is "an Objectivist culture"?

Ghs

rde

--Brant

I don't mean to be overly contentious (or maybe I do), but what is "an Objectivist culture"?

Ghs

Constructive, not destructive. Creation, not negation. The celebration of human ability and individualism. Freedom and the striving for happiness.

--Brant

I guess I don't wanna be in that club, then. Yeah, Ghs, it seems like a contradiction in terms, no? I'm going to attribute this to Brant, who I trust, and him having a slip over the slippery-duper slope of what we dare to call reason, or, at the least, not being insane.

Meanwhile, Behold My Great Art<tm>. I'm on travel, and got bored, so what I did was take a thing from The Church of the SubGenius and run some nice prints on photo paper. It's got the eye, the pyramid, and everthing! I'll put one up, hold on, meanwhile you guys should suit up for a Brazilian Strap Match.

I think Brant will have an edge on you, George--but it is hard to tell, once you enter the wrestling arena, no??

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111903895904576542942027859286.html