The Ultimate Defensive Handgun?

Giving wide body new meaning, this gun spits two .45 bullets down range with each press of the dual triggers.

http://www.theblaze....it-the-shelves/

Very interesting. The single clip supplying both barrels is ingenious though I wonder about jamming. I fired the military 45 some years ago and it had quite a kick though I weighed about 190 lbs and was well muscled. I did not try to keep the barrel level after firing but allowed it to throw my hand back a few inches, which would not be feasible if I needed to quickly re-fire. Two barrels would be quite a recoil, so a heavier gun would be advisable. The body shock wave from one 45 round was enough to kill even if a body or head shot was not accomplished so I don’t see the need for two barrels except as a novelty.

Peter Taylor

No price published yet but I'll speculate it to be $1000+

I had a Colt 1911 45 but sold it & got the Glock 40 cal when it was introduced back in 1990. I prefer 15+1 round capacity of the Glock & the punch of the 40 cal is only slightly lower than the 45 cal.

Very interesting. The single clip supplying both barrels is ingenious though I wonder about jamming. I fired the military 45 some years ago and it had quite a kick though I weighed about 190 lbs and was well muscled. I did not try to keep the barrel level after firing but allowed it to throw my hand back a few inches, which would not be feasible if I needed to quickly re-fire. Two barrels would be quite a recoil, so a heavier gun would be advisable. The body shock wave from one 45 round was enough to kill even if a body or head shot was not accomplished so I don’t see the need for two barrels except as a novelty.

Peter Taylor

Mr. Taylor:

Remember how the 45 came into being. It was commissioned for the Moro revolution in the Pacific Rim, the Philippines.

There were wave assaults of fanatics and we needed a rapid firing weapon to drive back the body of a drug enhanced assault.

Now here is the special part of the story...guess what "Moro" translates to...

YES

Muslim!! So now we can tell Dr. Paul's followers that this was the real reason for the attack on 911!

Adam

What about a three across or four across slug thrower with .45 caliber slugs. That sounds like even more fun.

ruveyn

Peter Taylor

Mr. Taylor:

Remember how the 45 came into being. It was commissioned for the Moro revolution in the Pacific Rim, the Philippines.

There were wave assaults of fanatics and we needed a rapid firing weapon to drive back the body of a drug enhanced assault.

YES

Muslim!! So now we can tell Dr. Paul's followers that this was the real reason for the attack on 911!

Adam

I remember also reading the Moros couldn't be stopped because our troops were using the lame 38 cal. Hence, the development of the 45ACP.

Peter Taylor

Mr. Taylor:

YES

Adam

I remember also reading the Moros couldn't be stopped because our troops were using the lame 38 cal. Hence, the development of the 45ACP.

It is factual.