The Gawd-Awful Video That Enraged The Gawd-Awful Islamists

Michael Stuart Kelly

The Gawd-Awful Video That Enraged The Gawd-Awful Islamists

Here is why those Islamist creeps attacked USA Embassies on 9/11 and killed an Ambassador and some USA personnel.

Watch it if you can get through it and so long as YouTube keeps it up. I suspect it will not last.

(If it goes down, another site may host it. In that case, I will try to find it and post it.)

What an awful movie and what an awful concept for a movie.

What an evil response.

Your mileage may vary.

I say there is nothing good anywhere in this whole episode. Not the film producers. Not the Islamists. Not the media. Not the government. Not Christianity. Not Islam. Not society in general. Not anything.

It's all bad--and that's rare in human history.

Michael

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incidentally, anyone interested can read more about it here:

This Is the Anti-Muhammed Movie That Sparked Deadly Islamist Protests in Egypt & Libya Yesterday

by Billy Hallowell

The Blaze

September 12, 2012

From the article:

Sam Bacile, 56, the movie’s writer and director, has gone into hiding following the violent reaction to his film. An Israeli, Bacile lives in California and works in real estate development. While filmmaking isn’t his main source of income, he put together the inflammatory movie in an effort to expose negative attributes that he believes come from and are associated with the Islamic faith.

The self-described Israeli Jew told the Associated Press, from an undisclosed location, that Islam is a cancer and that the film was intended to make a political statement, while condemning Islam on the whole. The English-language movie spans two hours and is entitled, “Innocence of Muslims.” Bacile claims that more than 100 Jewish donors helped put up the $5 million to make the film, which has reached no measurable level of success, possible.

Five million dollars for that piece of crap?

And riots and killing over that piece of crap?

Even if it is a mere pretext for hateful agendas, ya' gotta' say it: What a piece of crap!

A crap video for crap people to do crap.

This episode is a good hard look at the underbelly of the human soul.

Michael

Judging from the 13 minutes on YouTube, I'd have to say the video is a piece of crap on every level.

I question one of the statements in The Blaze, though. The same trailer I just saw was put on YouTube on July 2. How is it then that the attacks in Egypt and Libya took place on September 11?

That can't be a coincidence.

Robert Campbell

Robert,

From what I understand, this video--in English--has been on YouTube since July.

I believe it was chosen by the good folks who organize those good ole organized attacks for several reasons. The three that come immediately to mind is that it is very EASY to understand the gist (so for the Muslim population, there would be no blah blah blah over interpretation), it is in-your-face offensive and is it is so bad, it looks like bullying.

From what I read, it has only recently been given Arabic subtitles (or otherwise translated into Arabic). Also, I presume it was mentioned in select high-traffic places in the Islamic world at the same time the translations were posted.

After that, all the organizers needed was to let nature take its course.

I expect some fatwas soon calling on Muslims to murder the participants.

Michael

Michael,

I've now read that the entire video (roughly 2 hours) was dubbed into Egyptian Arabic some time ago.

And that since then various radio and TV shows in Egypt have been whipping up their listeners over it.

There are also reports that the dead US Ambassador to Libya was dragged through the streets by a mob, after Libyan security forces told them where to find him.

Robert Campbell

There are also reports that the dead US Ambassador to Libya was dragged through the streets by a mob, after Libyan security forces told them where to find him.

Here's a good thought from Tuccille:

I suspect that I'm not the only person dealing with domestic demands for atrocities today, which leaves me wondering who left a U.S. ambassador in a chaotic, post-revolutionary country protected by a security screen too thin to protect him from a pissed-off mob.

http://reason.com/blog/2012/09/12/maybe-the-us-consulate-in-benghazi-could

The developing story on The Little Propaganda Video that Could, just gets weirder.

The actors and crew say they thought that they were making a movie about a"Master George" in 1st-century Egypt.

There is apparently no "Sam Bacile" , the Jewish producers cannot be found, and the only promoters of the "movie" are Christians.

John le Carre couldn't figure this one out.

Yes, now it's come out that Sam Bacile is not a real person.

The whole story is getting so crazy, I'm starting to wonder whether the movie was actually made by Islamic Imperialists as a handy device to incite crowds with.

Robert Campbell

PS. The attack in Libya apparently had more of the marks of a military operation than a riot.

Watch it if you can get through it and so long as YouTube keeps it up. I suspect it will not last.

(If it goes down, another site may host it. In that case, I will try to find it and post it.)

Apparently the video will stay up.

The following speaks for itself.

UPDATE 1-Google blocks YouTube clip only in Egypt and Libya

By Gerry Shih and Sue Zeidler

September 12, 2012

Reuters

From the article:

In a brief statement on Wednesday, Google officials rejected the notion of removing the video on grounds it did not violate YouTube's policies, but restricted viewers in Egypt and Libya from loading it due to the special circumstances in the country.

"This video - which is widely available on the Web - is clearly within our guidelines and so will stay on YouTube," Google said in a statement. "However, given the very difficult situation in Libya and Egypt, we have temporarily restricted access in both countries."

The company added: "Our hearts are with the families of the people murdered in yesterday's attack in Libya."

Michael

Well, according to the latest update to the Wall Street Journal story on the video:

— It may be the work of one Nakoula Basselley Nakoula, a Coptic Christian emigré from Egypt who may have gotten out of prison not long before it was made

— The really nasty stuff about Muhammad was dubbed in (I did notice lips moving out of synch with the audio in a couple of places)

— There may not be a full-length video, just the 13 minutes in circulation; apparently the version dubbed into Egyptian Arabic is also 13 minutes long

!!!!????

Robert Campbell

The whole story is getting so crazy, I'm starting to wonder whether the movie was actually made by Islamic Imperialists as a handy device to incite crowds with.

Robert,

I have seen excerpts from a few fiction videos on YouTube that were made for TV in the Arabian world (Protocols of the Elders of Zion, The Fountainhead--of all things! ((or was that one from India?)), and a few others). When I saw "Bacile's" video, an itch scratched in the back of my mind. I was struck by the same style of production and bad acting.

Add that to the immediate blaming of the Jews for doing it (by publicizing that Bacile was an Israeli and a group of Jewish investors funded the film).

Then add that to the sheer ineptness of the film on all levels, and I am inclined to agree with you.

Michael

Robert,

I have seen excerpts from a few fiction videos on YouTube that were made for TV in the Arabian world (Protocols of the Elders of Zion, The Fountainhead--of all things! ((or was that one from India?)), and a few others). When I saw "Bacile's" video, an itch scratched in the back of my mind. I was struck by the same style of production and bad acting.

Add that to the immediate blaming of the Jews for doing it (by publicizing that Bacile was an Israeli and a group of Jewish investors funded the film).

Then add that to the sheer ineptness of the film on all levels, and I am inclined to agree with you.

Michael

Except that the Jews involved cannot be proved to exist, and the Christians Nakoula and Klein) can. Would a Copt and a fundamentalist ex-Marine really allow themselves to be used by imperialist Islamists?

As you say, the vid does not seem to be the spark for the two attacks which were obviously planned. It was just a convenient prop.

Carol,

I think this story is still too incomplete to cast stones and crow victory.

I agree that meat-heads like Klein are meat-heads, but that's about as far as I go right now.

I prefer to wait some more and see what will come up.

I have little doubt the story will change some more in the mainstream. When it starts crazy like this, the tendency is to continue crazy for a while.

Michael

Carol,

I think this story is still too incomplete to cast stones and crow victory.

I agree that meat-heads like Klein are meat-heads, but that's about as far as I go right now.

I prefer to wait some more and see what will come up.

I have little doubt the story will change some more in the mainstream. When it starts crazy like this, the tendency is to continue crazy for a while.

Michael

Where was I casting stones and crowing any sort of victory? This is a news story , a very dramatic one, There is, as you said, no good side to the ugly mess of the events, no possible victory for anyone when or if the actual makers and distributors of the film are identified. But it is a puzzle and if I were a Buddhist nun in Bhutan I would still be interested in it.

I was briefly a news reporter and I still enjoy evaluating evidence and following stories, despite my crippling progressive bias I actually care more about the actual facts than chalking up "one for our side", thus I enjoy conversationally speculating on threads like this. I forget that "debate mode" is often a default setting here for any story with political overtones.

One thing is for sure, the Christians in the Mideast are shaking in their shoes right now. Nice work Nakoula.

Of course, they have been shaking in their shoes well before Nakoula. Who cares who made this movie. It's essentially not important. What's important is the savage attack on freedom of speech and that the US government is appeasing it.

What a terrible movie! And the son of a bitch momser who produced it pretended to be Jewish! No self respecting Jew would have made a movie that bad.

Ba'al Chatzaf

What a terrible movie! And the son of a bitch momser who produced it pretended to be Jewish! No self respecting Jew would have made a movie that bad.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Bob:

He self identifies as an Israeli Jew.

Surely you are not advancing the "chosen people argument" by your post...right?

Adam

Ba'al Chatzaf

Bob:

Adam

My take on Bob's reaction is that no self-respecting Jew could be such a dreck film-maker.

(Apart from the content.)

Again, I did think it was a little strange that it was identified as a Jewish-Israeli production, my experience

being that Israelis and Jews elsewhere have always shown enormous forebearance in not giving possible enemies a single excuse for retaliation. Bob may be indicating this, too.

If it is this guy, and i believe that's in question - "momser" indeed!

Bacile/Basseley now being known as a convicted American fraudster and Coptic Christian, it is now about his "investors" and following the money. A couple theories:

- He was simply working a scam, collecting cash to make a movie, keeping most of it and creating the thing we saw.

- He was recruited and financed by persons unknown to produce a piece of propaganda

- He is an unrecognized film auteur who believes he faithfully depicted the real Mohammed with great artistry.

Sorry, that's three.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Bob:

Adam

No Jewish film maker would turn out dreck this bad. They would turn out much better dreck.

Ba'al Chatzaf

No Jewish film maker would turn out dreck this bad. They would turn out much better dreck.

Bob,

You're right and I agree with you. There was a heavy Jewish presence in founding Hollywood and the movie industry.

The Jewish people are great storytellers. That video is not a good story.

To me, that's a primary indication that Jewish people are not behind the "Innocence of Muslims" video. The piss-poor storytelling makes it a highly unlikely scenario.

(Call it recognizing causality from the Law of Identity... :) )

Michael