Checking Premises Checked Out

Checking Premises Checked Out

I decided to take at look at Diana Hsieh's site to see if she said anything about Nathaniel Branden's passing since she was his webmaster for a while. She didn't. What a surprise...

Instead, I came across a notice (see here) that the Checking Premises site and Facebook page have been removed. I don't know why and Hsieh didn't say.

For those who don't know what this means, there was a time when Hsieh was getting too close to Peikoff for comfort, even for him, so a group of young Objectivist fundamentalists set up a site called Checking Premises to bash her, saying that was not their purpose (of course--honesty, integrity, and all :smile: ).

But it was to bash her and bash her they did. Unfairly, in my opinion. Not the bashing itself, but the objectivity of it.

It was just about as bad as she bashed others in O-Land unfairly, but maybe not quite as bad. It's hard to tell because I stop measuring the smell of crap after a certain level has been reached.

The reason I mention this is because Checking Premises has been discussed on OL in a few places. With a pretty satisfying sense of what goes around comes around, I might add. New people may wonder what happened.

For what it's worth, Hsieh said on the page linked above: "The bad news is that the dogmatic wing of the Objectivist movement persists, and after the encouragement / tolerance it received from official quarters in recent years, I don’t think it’ll be dying the ignominious death it deserves any time soon."

Huh...

Good to know she feels this way.

About the dogmatic wing of the Objectivist movement that is...

:smile:

To be fair, what I've seen of the more recent direction of her blog venture supported by social media networking is positive and constructive, not crap. And it's a little more open to letting people work through ideas instead of trying to indoctrinate them. Still not my way of thinking, but no longer objectionable. On the good side, I like her Internet skills and she provides value to people who want her views.

I hope this way continues with her and she prospers from doing good.

I'm lowering my guns for now--they have been silent for a long time anyway.

(But I don't ever want proximity with her.)

Micheal

Maybe the "Checking Premises" crew has realized that Leonard Peikoff won't be having a successor, so they can run off every rival in sight and still be deprived of the prize.

Robert Campbell

Diana Hsieh had to back off and regroup when she found out her Benedict Arnold credentials gave her no great entre.

--Brant

Is Leonard Peikoff the Eddie Willers of Objectivism (with Ayn as Dagny and Nathaniel as John)?

Maybe the "Checking Premises" crew has realized that Leonard Peikoff won't be having a successor, so they can run off every rival in sight and still be deprived of the prize.

Robert Campbell

Diana Hsieh had to back off and regroup when she found out her Benedict Arnold credentials gave her no great entre.

--Brant

Is Leonard Peikoff the Eddie Willers of Objectivism (with Ayn as Dagny)?

Eddie was not morally compromised.

Robert Campbell

--Brant

Hey! Don't f**k up a good story!

--Brant

give me a few minutes to revel in my own words (and edit)

Robert Campbell

--Brant

Hey! Don't f**k up a good story!

--Brant

give me a few minutes to revel in my own words (and edit)

lol

deal