The Survival Summit

deanwins

This January, the founders of The Prepper Project will be hosting an exclusive online event that we’re calling ‘The Survival Summit’:

It’s going to be a FREE, five-day, online training summit where 29 of the world’s most sought-after experts on Survival and Self Reliance will be teaching online classes, giving you 6 solid days and over 24 hours of training and strategies with the single focus of keeping your family alive, safe, and fed during a triggered societal collapse.

Here's a link: http://thesurvivalsummit.com/

Dean, sorry to be a skeptic. 'Free' means scare the crap out of you for free, then get your money. The only real solution, if you believe a societal collapse is going to happen, is get the hell out of the city now, and get self sufficient. It probably means find a like minded community of people or create one and go live there. Away from urban centers. I, personally, don't know how to do that and I couldn't talk my wife into doing that even if I did. I can only be prepared for a month or two, then we're in trouble. I am very specialized at this point in my life, high tech job, minimal network of friends outside of that circle.

Mikee,

I'm in a similar situation... but I do have a little backyard I can use to experiment with my own garden as a hobby. I'd like to be able to easily grow nutrient rich foods as supplement in my backyard. The presentations on agriculture are particularly interesting to me. For example I really enjoyed:

How To Grow All Your Own Food, Without Irrigation… Even If You Live In A Dry Climate
by Paul Wheaton

Mikee,

I'm in a similar situation... but I do have a little backyard I can use to experiment with my own garden as a hobby. I'd like to be able to easily grow nutrient rich foods as supplement in my backyard. The presentations on agriculture are particularly interesting to me. For example I really enjoyed:

How To Grow All Your Own Food, Without Irrigation… Even If You Live In A Dry Climate
by Paul Wheaton

I've been looking at similar stuff: Aquaponics, "Earthship", self sustaining community

So far I've just talked to my wife about it, met with very little enthusiasm. I think she's afraid she'd have to do all the work. I guess I've built a reputation around the house of not following through on home projects...Boo to me :(

In the "How To Grow All Your Own Food, Without Irrigation… Even If You Live In A Dry Climate" by Paul Wheaton presentation the best things I learned were:

1. That piling up logs and dirt is an awesome way to enrich your soil, called hugelkultur:

http://www.richsoil.com/hugelkultur/

2. That cedar wood and cedar mulch is actually is really bad for your garden trees and plants and hence shouldn't be used... use mulch from any other tree instead, some are better than others but cedar is actually harmful.

Cheers,

Dean

When the apocalypse comes, is it morally okay for hungry Objectivists to kill and eat "subhumans" who voted for the politicians who caused the apocalypse? Since they're "subhumans," it technically wouldn't count as murder and cannibalism, no?

Also, does anyone know which wine goes best with "subhuman" meat?

J

Anyone who has seen the tv show Dual Survival (a favorite of mine) can appreciate the survival skills of Cody Lundein.

He's had 2, I believe, co-stars who were military trained in survival the 3 or so yrs the show has been running. There's much to learn from them. Fire starting, water acquisition & purification, signaling, what's safe to eat, what's not, shelter construction & other life saving techniques have been covered in the show.

Here's a link to his videos on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/abodudeman/videos

Dean, sorry to be a skeptic. 'Free' means scare the crap out of you for free, then get your money. The only real solution, if you believe a societal collapse is going to happen, is get the hell out of the city now, and get self sufficient. It probably means find a like minded community of people or create one and go live there. Away from urban centers. I, personally, don't know how to do that and I couldn't talk my wife into doing that even if I did. I can only be prepared for a month or two, then we're in trouble. I am very specialized at this point in my life, high tech job, minimal network of friends outside of that circle.

Hey Mike, :smile:

Even being prepared for a month is actually pretty useful as it gives you time to adapt to new conditions. There are good folk everywhere. You'll recognize each other if that time ever comes.

Greg

Anyone who has seen the tv show Dual Survival (a favorite of mine) can appreciate the survival skills of Cody Lundein.

He's had 2, I believe, co-stars who were military trained in survival the 3 or so yrs the show has been running. There's much to learn from them. Fire starting, water acquisition & purification, signaling, what's safe to eat, what's not, shelter construction & other life saving techniques have been covered in the show.

Here's a link to his videos on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/abodudeman/videos

I have Cody's excellent book "When All Hell Breaks Loose". It's full of useful ways to develop a good attitude, as our state of mind is at least as important as our state of body.

Greg

My wife called me out on just taking the presenter's word on whether ceder mulch is bad. So I looked into it more and I couldn't find any evidence with some quick google searches... just hearsay.

I have Cody's excellent book "When All Hell Breaks Loose". It's full of useful ways to develop a good attitude, as our state of mind is at least as important as our state of body.

Greg

Haven't read any of his books. I've seen all the episodes on cable & viewed some of his Youtube videos.

The co-stars on the show, former Seal & Ranger I believe, bring much to the table as well from their extensive training. A nice bunch to have as friends & be around if the bottom falls out.

Cody's ability to start a fire, in a variety of extremely difficult situations, blows me away.

He really needs a pair of Rockports though. lol

-Joe

Have no noticed that many of the Doom's Day Preppers are making big bucks telling you the end is near?

If the end is so near then what good are all the big bucks?

Have no noticed that many of the Doom's Day Preppers are making big bucks telling you the end is near?

If the end is so near then what good are all the big bucks?

Yeah, and doomsday is always ~just~ far enough out into the future so as not to interfere with book sales and seminars. Nevertheless, I find it to be good natured entertainment and it never hurts to be prepared even if nothing ever happens.

Greg

Ba'al Chatzaf,

What are your predictions for the near future due to USD/FRN money supply inflation?

We are going to creak and drag our way along for at least another 20 years. I do not see the whole system coming down within that period. Of course, that could be wishful thinking. The U.S. is a Muddler Through.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Ba'al Chatzaf,

What are your predictions for the near future due to USD/FRN money supply inflation?

We are going to creak and drag our way along for at least another 20 years. I do not see the whole system coming down within that period. Of course, the could be wishful thinking. The U.S. is a Muddler Through.

Ba'al Chatzaf

I agree. Japan has become the template for the US economy, and where they've already been for some time economically, we're going. 20% of all US households eat government food.

(breitbart.com)

EBA1D918FE1049899C24FBA73AB18B80.png

Last year, enough tax money was spent on Federal welfare aid to give every household living under the poverty line $60,000.

D59E91A550084B7A879B42A48E65AF4B.png

This nation is quite literally infested with leeches.

Greg

From Ronald Reagan's speech, "A Time For Chosing"...circa 1964...

"Each year the need grows greater; the program grows greater. We were told four years ago that 17 million people went to bed hungry each night. Well that was probably true. They were all on a diet. But now we're told that 9.3 million families in this country are poverty-stricken on the basis of earning less than 3,000 dollars a year. Welfare spending [is] 10 times greater than in the dark depths of the Depression. We're spending 45 billion dollars on welfare. Now do a little arithmetic, and you'll find that if we divided the 45 billion dollars up equally among those 9 million poor families, we'd be able to give each family 4,600 dollars a year. And this added to their present income should eliminate poverty. Direct aid to the poor, however, is only running only about 600 dollars per family. It would seem that someplace there must be some overhead."

READ IT HERE: http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/ronaldreaganatimeforchoosing.htm

WATCH IT DELIVERED WITHOUT TELEPROMPTER HERE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXBswFfh6AY

A...

When Reagan got in he was delivering $1.75 worth of government for ever $1.00 collected in taxes. Boo Hiss.

When Reagan got in he was delivering $1.75 worth of government for ever $1.00 collected in taxes. Boo Hiss.

When he "got in," by a landslide, he had a Democratic House, the spending "power of the purse" folks and a Democratic Senate and a "misery index" of +20...

Do you believe he was responsible for that ratio?

When he "got in," by a landslide, he had a Democratic House, the spending "power of the purse" folks and a Democratic Senate and a "misery index" of +20...

It's a mistake to blame (unjustly accuse) leaders when they are only accurately representing the values of the millions of voters who put them into office. The government will only change for the better when enough people become Americans.

Greg

It's a mistake to blame (unjustly accuse) leaders when they are only accurately representing the values of the millions of voters who put them into office. The government will only change for the better when enough people become Americans.

Greg

Absolutely Greg, and it is in the schools, as AR often wrote, where their values are shaped.