What does Richard Dawkins know about Objectivism

Damn! I miss that man. He is one of the wittiest humans who ever breathed air.

I miss him too. I loved it how he always hit the nail on the head with his comments, like (quotes from the video in post # 19):

"In my view there's more morality in a novel by George Eliot than there is in any of the Four Gospels, or the four of them put together."

"I don't think there is any need to have essay advocating selfishness among human beings. I don't know what your impression has been, but - some things require no further reinforcement. "

"In my view there's more morality in a novel by George Eliot than there is in any of the Four Gospels, or the four of them put together."

"I don't think there is any need to have essay advocating selfishness among human beings. I don't know what your impression has been, but - some things require no further reinforcement. "

George Eliot? (Scuse me ... barrrf.)

Now, If he'd said for instance, Jane Austen, no quibble from me. Some fine Romanticist and rationally selfish morality in there.

Apparently even Hitch could not break past "selfishness" - that loaded word - to the highly novel concept behind it. Then again, I wonder, if Rand had called her book, The Virtue of Expicalidociousness, do you think one single extra reader would have taken to the notion?

No, nary a one. I think the outraged piety and misrepresentation over the 'S' word is a smoke-screen to hide from the truth contained in her concept - that many won't choose to clearly see (for their own reasons.)

(To mention that other Eliot, TS: "...they are absorbed in the endless struggle

to think well of themselves.")