Republican Tsunami Creates Critical 806 Day Period For America...

Selene

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is extremely powerful...

At the time of this writing, Republicans have picked up nine seats in the House, pushing them to a muscular 243-seat majority.

For House Speaker John Boehner, that means the bar is set high for legislative accomplishments in the next two years. For the national political landscape, that means a lot of red. Here's the lower chamber of the 114th Congress, in vivid color.

A number of races remain undecided, and the colors for these districts on the map were determined using the majority vote there as it stood at 11 a.m. on Thursday. We'll update the map as more results come in.

Check out the map ... [can't figure out how to show it]

http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/here-s-what-a-republican-takeover-looks-likes-20

Here in Nevada the Republicans saw huge gains.

Reid hiding out in Death Valley?

http://www.reviewjournal.com/voter-guide/results

The more serious problem for Democrats is the drubbing they’ve taken in the states, the breeding ground for future national talent and for policy experimentation. Republicans have unified control — the governorship and the legislature — in 23 states, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

The more serious problem is for Republican politicians who, as a group, tend to fumble the ball the few rare times it's ever been handed off to them. This is why no one should ever wait for the government to make their life better.

You'll die waiting...

So f*** the government. Do it yourself. Change your own life for the better. :smile:

Greg

Aren't stupid Americans lucky to have this guy looking out for them...

From here.

Gutless bastards.

Mike,

This is so bad it should be embedded.

The YouTube caption reads: GRUBER: "Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage."

The YouTube description reads: Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber bragging about deceiving the American people, who he thinks are stupid.

Michael

Mike,

This is so bad it should be embedded.

The YouTube caption reads: GRUBER: "Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage."

The YouTube description reads: Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber bragging about deceiving the American people, who he thinks are stupid.

Michael

So, if the Koch brothers committed conscious intentional fraud they would be indicted.

This taxpayer paid perpetrator of a fraud gets:

1) his pension as a professor;

2) keeps his home and investments; and

3) has the ethics of Joseph Goebbels look like the formulator of the university honor code.

This individual should be indicted under R.I.C.O. [18 U.S. Code Chapter 96 - RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS].

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/part-I/chapter-96

One of the most satisfying episodes of post-election Democratic squealing came from Bill Maher (don't forget that cool million he invested in Obama).

Unbelievably, he still argued that the reason the Republicans won was because Obama was black.

That is the force of the core storyline in a person's head. This comment fell flat and Maher was humiliated, but tomorrow he will go back to that storyline as if nothing happened. That's the way core storylines work when you're too afraid of reality to check them.

Maher blurted out the Obama victimized by Republican racism storyline right at the beginning of the segment below.

However...

No applause this time. Just stunned silence.

Then Bob Costa from WaPo said, "Except maybe in Utah, with Mia Love. You mentioned Mia Love in Utah, she's an African-American Republican who was elected."

I didn't think it was possible, but the silence got louder, even over the TV.

Maher tried to recover with a quip about her being Mormon, but that moment... a point in time where he had to shut up for a long pause (in TV time) from the sheer weight of his bullshit... that event is on record. You can see the smugness fall from his face.

Ahhh... It's such a beautiful moment.

:smile:

Michael

Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber bragging about deceiving the American people, who he thinks are stupid.

...and the guy is right.

Heck, there won't even be any fallout because so many people are so stupid, they won't realize the meaning of what he said. They were stupid enough to demand the Utopian fantasy of the government making someone else pay their bills... so that is exactly what they got.

It's perfect moral justice. No sympathy here. Classic Rand sanction of the victim...

...so let them effing choke on it.

Greg

Greg,

Here's the jerk Obamacare architect, Jonathan Gruber, trying to spin his words to mean something different than what they clearly meant. Even with the spin, I don't know how one can use "stupidity of the American voter" to mean something good. The best one can do is ignore it, which is what he tried to do.

But I bet it doesn't take this go around.

btw - I have a more positive view of Americans. I think many don't even care about political issues. They are too busy living their lives, going to work, trying to make ends meet, raising their families, and so on to worry about politics. Good people but not that engaged. The impression I get is they feel politics is all crooked, so they don't waste a lot of time with it.

Then something comes along so blatantly crooked, it's too much and they respond with a strong "throw the bums out" movement.

For a while, things get better, but then time passes, they go back to their lives and new bums replace the old.

That pattern is discernible.

Michael

I dunno, Michael. From kindergarten up to college, the kids I went to school with didn't think about this stuff except for two or three high school exceptions. They didn't have jobs and families to support. It wasn't hard for me so I couldn't understand it. Now I do, somewhat. School--the authoritarian thumb that retards cognitive development and critical thinking and fosters submission to authority (and off the boys go to war). Schools are basically little prisons.

--Brant

NBI had a somewhat similar model

This idiot, Jonathan Gruber, after bragging that he purposely used confusing language in drafting Obamacare in order to misrepresent what was really intended and deceive everybody (including the stupid American voters) enough to pass the bill, now wants to warn the country that "the master strategy of the Republican party" is "to confuse people" about Obamacare.

You can't make this guy up.

I'm embedding directly from YouTube, but I got this from Real Clear Politics Video: Gruber: Republicans Trying To "Confuse People" About Obamacare.

The problem with progressives is that they brainwash their young so much with a 'noble vision posture' they get the young to sincerely believe that dirty rotten tactics and contemptible immoral behavior are part of the noble vision. In other words, these younger folks see nothing wrong with the idea that representative democracy (to them) means those in power lying to the unwashed masses for their own good because the masses are too stupid to take care of themselves.

These misguided souls honestly believe it is noble to feel superior to everyone and it is a moral good for them to lie to everyone precisely because they are superior and know what's best.

This elitist bullshit is the spiritual guidance they use to shape their souls--self-deception at root and pathetic.

I don't know the cure but I do know I don't want these kinds of people in power--ever--regardless of what side they are on or what policies they promote. I guess I'm getting fed up because I don't even want them near me.

Michael

They're always with us, Michael, thanks to American stupidity. He told the lying truth. Now American stupidity is being somewhat de-stupidfied because it hurts too much too be stupid about the ACA. Each day it hurts more. Unfortunately, this is also the propensity to put off pain as in economic pain because of the macro-economic policies of the politicians who know that if they are seen as responsible for that pain--never mind the ultimate necessity of it to reset the economy--they'll be voted out of office. Consequently there will be a world-wide economic disaster unseen since the Great Depression. It's approaching in slow motion, then when it gets here, BANG! and then it will leave just if not more slowly. Human, not only American, stupidity. It can be rational to be stupid, BTW, if in ignorance you are self-enslaved to the collective, AKA your country, for non-stupid will get you nowhere without additional data and critical thinking. Critical thinking is far rarer than brain-power. An average brain can think critically and a genius not, especially without his--the genius's--specialty.

--Brant

no gain without pain

It is a lot worse than the fact that all this documentation exists and existed for at least two (2) years.

The question has been raised as to how the Fourth Estate refused to "see" the real world:

The story metastasized when Penn briefly pulled the original video. Jonathan Adler, one of the attorneys in the anti-subsidy cases, was among the people tweeting about the apparent censorship until Penn restored the video. Gruber himself crawled out of view, refusing to comment when reporters asked about his newly discovered argument that the ACA was “designed to dupe a gullible American public.” Even Snopes.com waded in, attempting to debunk the conservative theory that an Ivy League school was trying to hide a damaging gaffe that could hurt the legal case for the ACA.

Weinstein, back at home, was stunned at the reaction. Why did he keep finding Gruber gaffes? Why didn't the press glom onto this stuff first?

“It’s terrifying that the guy in his mom’s basement is finding his stuff, and nobody else is,” he says. “I really do find this disturbing.”

Weinstein dates his accidental citizen journalism back to the end of 2013 and the first run of insurance cancellations or policy changes. He was among the people who got a letter informing him that his old policy did not meet ACA standards.

“When Obama said 'If you like your plan, you can keep your plan, period'—frankly, I believed him,” says Weinstein. “He very often speaks with qualifiers. When he said 'period,' there were no qualifiers. You can understand that when I lost my own plan, and the replacement cost twice as much, I wasn’t happy. So I’m watching the news, and at that time I was thinking: Hey, the administration was not telling people the truth, and the media was doing nothing!”

Interesting article.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2014-11-11/meet-the-mildmannered-investment-advisor-whos-humiliating-the-administration-over-obamacare

What did Ayn say about censorship being the final sign.

This "control" of information by the Fourth Estate is lapping at the shores of the Orwellian state only they have the total technology in their hands now.

A...

The problem with progressives is that they brainwash their young so much with a 'noble vision posture' they get the young to sincerely believe that dirty rotten tactics and contemptible immoral behavior are part of the noble vision. In other words, these younger folks see nothing wrong with the idea that representative democracy (to them) means those in power lying to the unwashed masses for their own good because the masses are too stupid to take care of themselves.

These misguided souls honestly believe it is noble to feel superior to everyone and it is a moral good for them to lie to everyone precisely because they are superior and know what's best.

This elitist bullshit is the spiritual guidance they use to shape their souls--self-deception at root and pathetic.

Incredibly, Howard Dean sees the same thing I do.

Howard Dean!

Dayaamm!

I stand in awe.

Direct quote from the video, Dean talking about Gruber's admission:

The problem is not that he said it. The problem is that he thinks it. I'm serious. The core problem under this damn law is that it was put together by a bunch of elitists who don't really fundamentally understand the American people.

Let's not forget that Howard Dean knows that lying is evil even as he lies on purpose.

He just wants power. See his schooling of political students in Europe on the "pivot method."

In other words, if you are going to be a dirty rotten liar and manipulator, at least do it without mercy and take what you need to take.

It's actually refreshing to see someone like Howard Dean realize the amoral Frankenstein true-believers he and his people have been creating when they brainwash the progressive young.

It's one thing to do evil and know you are doing evil. You may call it fighting evil with evil or whatever, but there's hope for redemption and doing good if you do that.

It's quite another to do evil and believe that is not morally relevant because you believe you are superior to others, know what's best for others, and inherently beyond the morality of others.

Why? There is no why. That's just the way it is in their minds. It's metaphysical. Reality. Paraphrasing the words of Howard Dean, the problem is they think it. They sincerely see themselves that way.

The true Nietzschean superman complex, anyone?

I see genocide right around the corner with people like that...

Michael

Speaking of the ACA, I saw something, somewhere (too lazy to go back and look at the moment, perhaps later) about McConnell and Boehner wanting to work at repealing it come next Congress.

Does anyone else think this is probably not a great idea? Unless they can manage to get 14 (?) Senate Democrats to agree with them, and thereby achieve a veto-proof majority, it won't go anywhere. Obama's not going to sign any outright repeal of his darling little baby, and he probably won't budge a single inch on any facet of it.

All the Republicans will "accomplish" by focusing too much on the ACA is a giant waste of time that could be spent on other important things, and an opening of themselves to charges that this election was just a tantrum about Obamacare.

Don't you just love hearing Mary Landrieu squeal like a stuck pig!!

"http://www.washingtonpost.com/posttv/c/embed/b31ddca5-90fd-40ae-8082-fa57de1b9f48"

Acknowledging the importance of energy to Louisiana’s economy, Landrieu and Cassidy have championed completion of the pipeline, which would transport oil from the tar sands of Canada to the Texas Gulf Coast. The GOP-controlled House voted several times in recent years to support the pipeline, while the Senate, in deference to the administration’s review, has resisted holding a vote on the matter despite strong objections from several moderate Democratic senators from rural or energy-rich states.

For six years, the pipeline has been under review by the State Department, which has jurisdiction because the project crosses international borders. Democrats such as Landrieu from energy-producing states have joined Republicans in calling for its approval.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2014/11/12/louisiana-lawmakers-jockey-to-approve-keystone-xl-pipeline/

Oink, oink...squeal like a pig!!

A...

And she looks so porky!

More about Gruber.

It wasn't even a major player who brought this Gruber stuff out.

It was a political nobody named Richard Weinstein doing the equivalent of a hobby.

Meet the Mild-Mannered Investment Adviser Who's Humiliating the Administration Over Obamacare
by David Weigel
Nov 11, 2014
Bloomberg

From the article:

Rich Weinstein is not a reporter. He does not have a blog. Until this week, the fortysomething's five-year old Twitter account had a follower count in the low double digits.

“I’m an investment adviser,” Weinstein tells me from his home near Philadelphia. “I’m a nobody. I’m the guy who lives in his mom’s basement wearing a tinfoil hat.” (He's joking about the mom and the tinfoil.)

He's also behind a series of scoops that could convince the Supreme Court to dismantle part of the Affordable Care Act. Weinstein has absorbed hours upon hours of interviews with Jonathan Gruber, an MIT professor who advised the Massachusetts legislature when it created “Romneycare” and the Congress when it created “Obamacare.”

. . .

Weinstein, back at home, was stunned at the reaction. Why did he keep finding Gruber gaffes? Why didn't the press glom onto this stuff first?

“It’s terrifying that the guy in his mom’s basement is finding his stuff, and nobody else is,” he says. “I really do find this disturbing.”

“When Obama said 'If you like your plan, you can keep your plan, period'—frankly, I believed him,” says Weinstein. “He very often speaks with qualifiers. When he said 'period,' there were no qualifiers. You can understand that when I lost my own plan, and the replacement cost twice as much, I wasn’t happy. So I’m watching the news, and at that time I was thinking: Hey, the administration was not telling people the truth, and the media was doing nothing!”

So Weinstein, new plan in hand, started watching the news. “These people were showing up on the shows, calling themselves architects of the law,” he recalls. “I saw David Cutler, Zeke Emanuel, Jonathan Gruber, people like that. I wondered if these guys had some type of paper trail. So I looked into what Dr. Cutler had said and written, and it was generally all about cost control. After I finished with Cutler, I went to Dr. Gruber. I assume I went through every video, every radio interview, every podcast. Every everything.”

Weinstein dug and dug and eventually discovered the first Gruber quote, known in conservative circles as the “speak-o.”

And the rest is becoming history right before our eyes.

Here's another video where Gruber called the American voter stupid.

http://youtu.be/8Hcu1S2GKf0

I've seen another video where he said the smart people in Massachusetts ripped off the Federal Government to make Romneycare work, but the only one I can find so far is 52 minutes with this quote in the middle somewhere.

But don't worry. This is the gift that keeps on giving. Listen to Weinstein say a lot more is coming:

I have a feeling this one is going to have some strong legs and do some real damage. The right wing has been bitching that there is no mainstream press coverage of Gruber's comments. But this coverage is just now starting to happen, not as cover-up spin but as news, and I expect there will be a lot of it soon.

Michael

When did healthcare become the insurance ?

Treatment for short film on healthcare coverage

Scene 1

Ariel view of recent disaster, eg aftermath of Haitian earthquake, showing survivors in need of medical attention and basic services.

Scene 2

Cut to interior of a conference room, "CNN-esque" news coverage playing in backround. The Director of the I.D.R.T.F.(~Inter-Agency Disaster Relief Task Force) addressing an assembled group.

The group appears to be made up of motivated staffers gathering speed to meet the latest challenge.

" Ok, people, we have the right tools and we know what needs to be done. We have transport arranged , so lets check those assignments and get the first team on the ground ASAP."

Group moves out obviously highly motivated.

Scene 3

Interior shot of C-130 military transport, on approach to airport near Haitian like area.

Pilot speaking over headset to a coordinator on the plane " Washington cleared it so your people and their supplies will be off loaded immediately and transitioned to ground transportation. You folks are not going to join the backlog on the tarmac."

Scene 4

Exterior shot , hand held, the 'convoy' headed for the survivors, various trucks and personnel.

They enter the disaster area and approach victims, shown in makeshift triage areas, along rubble strewn streets, dust covered victims look up to see the I.D.R.T.F. personnel arrive. Fade out.

Scene 5

Exterior I.D.R.T.F. personnel walking across tarmac to board outbound C-130, joyous but tired and slightly dishevelled group , high fives and other self-congratulatory gestures , "job well down" attitude and faces all around.

Scene 6

Exterior Victims at triage area, laying on stretchers, obviously in need of medical attention , quissical looks on faces, close up of few victims shows them to be holding what look like credit cards. Close up of cards shows them to be healthcare coverage cards, provided by the I.D.R.T.F.

Well, at least we know that he is a good little marxist, since he did this for all us stupid Americans and he did it because he loves us...

oops...guess not, see below...

I have a feeling this one is going to have some strong legs and do some real damage. The right wing has been bitching that there is no mainstream press coverage of Gruber's comments. But this coverage is just now starting to happen, not as cover-up spin but as news, and I expect there will be a lot of it soon.

Michael

My my, such a good littlee fascist - he gets his - so he is in the 1% that we are supposed to hate...hmm

Minnesota, for example, used federal Obamacare grants to pay Mr. Gruber to attend one meeting, participate in a biweekly email list and print a copy of the report, all for $329,000. Wisconsin paid Mr. Gruber $400,000 for the same material, requested by the office of then-Gov. Jim Doyle, a Democrat. When the report was presented, Gov. Scott Walker, a Republican, didn’t want Mr. Gruber at the news conference. Vermont is paying him another $400,000. Such a deal!

West Virginia, Maine, Colorado and Oregon have partaken of Mr. Gruber’s services, too, guaranteeing him a tidy sum. The money bought lies and deception. That’s Mr. Gruber’s characterization, not ours. “If you had a law which made it explicit that healthy people are going to pay in and sick people get money,” said Mr. Gruber, “it would not have passed.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/nov/13/editorial-jonathan-grubers-payday/#ixzz3J3NviW3l

So let me get this straight, this slug consciously lied to Congress, fraudulently represented testimony to Congress and he is not in handcuffs...hmm

Maybe when the President hears about this, he will get really really mad!!

A...

I see genocide right around the corner with people like that...

Michael

So do I. The sooner we kill these bastards, the better.

Ba'al Chatzaf