Republican Tsunami Creates Critical 806 Day Period For America...

Selene

This is extremely powerful...

At the time of this writing, Republicans have picked up nine seats in the House, pushing them to a muscular 243-seat majority.

For House Speaker John Boehner, that means the bar is set high for legislative accomplishments in the next two years. For the national political landscape, that means a lot of red. Here's the lower chamber of the 114th Congress, in vivid color.

A number of races remain undecided, and the colors for these districts on the map were determined using the majority vote there as it stood at 11 a.m. on Thursday. We'll update the map as more results come in.

Check out the map ... [can't figure out how to show it]

http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/here-s-what-a-republican-takeover-looks-likes-20

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael:

There were significant aspects to this slaughter that reacheed, once again [the 2010 Tea Party mid terms], deep into "down ticket penetration" of state, county and local legislatures.

This is signiificant because of Levin's Article V Convention of the States "movement."

Another fasscinating "storyline" concerned the alleged "war on women," which turned out to be a tactical disaster by the marxist Democratic national party.

They were shocked to find out that "women," as a class, had a panoply of concerns about the economy, jobs, education and their, and their family's, safety.

The Ernst election in Iowa was devastating.

There was a key election in the 21st CD [Congressional District] of upstate NY which was won by a young white woman, Stefanic.

http://ballotpedia.org/New_York%27s_21st_congressional_district_elections,_2014

Mia Love's election in Utah is a great story. A Haitian immigrant who arrived here with nothing and is now a Congresswoman. A young black Mormon woman.

Martinez the governor of New Mexico, a young Latina women, was re-elected.

Elsewhere, in the 7 CD in Virginia, you had a wonderful and fascinating race between two (2) college professors from the same university running against each other. One professor was a marxist and the other was a free market libertarian [he is the candidate who defeated Eric Cantor in the Republican primary that scared the crap out of the Country Club Republicans in 2014].

http://ballotpedia.org/Virginia%27s_7th_congressional_district_elections,_2014

Scott Walker won four (4) races in five (5) years, that included two (2) recalls, vaunted into the serious category for President in 2016. It also takes out Paul Ryan. He is an excellent candidate for 2016.

A Walker Martinez ticket would be unstopable.

There are a number of other races that I am analyzing that show even greater penetration of the electorate by the rejection of centralized government stories.

A...

I understand all the new Pub Senate victories were in states they shouldn't have lost in the first place last time (2008)--that not one Dem Senator lost from a blue state.

--Brant

Possible.

However, the important shift is not the "D" or the "R," it is the position shift away from centralization that matters.

Joe Mansion is from West Virginia is virtually certain to change parties. All the CD's in West Virginia went Republican...

Landrieu will certainly be a Democratic Senator that will switch.

A weird factoid that I heard was that thirty (30) of the US Senators that voted for the PPACA law are no longer in office. Three (3) are dead. Robeert "Sheets" Byrd {W. Va.}, Lautenburg {NJ} and Daniel Inyoua [sp?] {Hawiaii}.

A...

Post Script:

Just saw this on Drudge...

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_NEW_HOUSE_REPUBLICANS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-11-08-09-17-42

But Republicans also are welcoming some vocal new members on the right; some are replacing more moderate GOP lawmakers who retired. These new members could increase the ranks of tea party conservatives who have created persistent trouble for House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, and give him fresh headaches just when he and other GOP leaders are determined to show they can deliver after taking back the Senate.

I read ir was 29.

--Brant

I am counting Landreou, who will lose the runoff in La. on December 6th in Missouri Louisiana OOPS!

I read ir was 29.

--Brant

I am counting Landreou, who will lose the runoff in La. on December 6th in Missouri.

Hooray for Missouri!

--Brant

let me guess: football and beer

OOPS... make that Louisiana...

One of the most satisfying episodes of post-election Democratic squealing came from Bill Maher (don't forget that cool million he invested in Obama).

Unbelievably, he still argued that the reason the Republicans won was because Obama was black.

That is the force of the core storyline in a person's head. This comment fell flat and Maher was humiliated, but tomorrow he will go back to that storyline as if nothing happened. That's the way core storylines work when you're too afraid of reality to check them.

Maher blurted out the Obama victimized by Republican racism storyline right at the beginning of the segment below.

However...

No applause this time. Just stunned silence.

Then Bob Costa from WaPo said, "Except maybe in Utah, with Mia Love. You mentioned Mia Love in Utah, she's an African-American Republican who was elected."

I didn't think it was possible, but the silence got louder, even over the TV.

Maher tried to recover with a quip about her being Mormon, but that moment... a point in time where he had to shut up for a long pause (in TV time) from the sheer weight of his bullshit... that event is on record. You can see the smugness fall from his face.

Ahhh... It's such a beautiful moment.

:smile:

Michael

I tried that but the fun sucked me back.

That's the whole point, Brant. Fun... and I'm happy to provide it for you. :smile:

It's the entertainment and amusement of the lighthearted exchanges that go on here. No serious topics can be resolved on an internet forum, especially when they concern macro issues which are completely outside personal spheres of influence, and over which people have no control or even responsibility.

Politics is similar to sports in that you pick the team that most closely reflects your personal values and you root for them.

Greg

One of the most satisfying episodes of post-election Democratic squealing came from Bill Maher (don't forget that cool million he invested in Obama).

Unbelievably, he still argued that the reason the Republicans won was because Obama was black.

That is the force of the core storyline in a person's head. This comment fell flat and Maher was humiliated, but tomorrow he will go back to that storyline as if nothing happened. That's the way core storylines work when you're too afraid of reality to check them.

Maher blurted out the Obama victimized by Republican racism storyline right at the beginning of the segment below.

However...

No applause this time. Just stunned silence.

Then Bob Costa from WaPo said, "Except maybe in Utah, with Mia Love. You mentioned Mia Love in Utah, she's an African-American Republican who was elected."

I didn't think it was possible, but the silence got louder, even over the TV.

<script height="180px" width="320px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#ec=51NXZscTr2NQqtD9vPxETUSXUVXWdyj4&pbid=b171980b65ae4996bffea4da902c7846"></script>

Maher tried to recover with a quip about her being Mormon, but that moment... a point in time where he had to shut up for a long pause (in TV time) from the sheer weight of his bullshit... that event is on record. You can see the smugness fall from his face.

Ahhh... It's such a beautiful moment.

Michael

Positively delicious. :smile:

Greg

I tried that but the fun sucked me back.

That's the whole point, Brant. Fun... and I'm happy to provide it for you. :smile:

It's the entertainment and amusement of the lighthearted exchanges that go on here. No serious topics can be resolved on an internet forum, especially when they concern macro issues which are completely outside personal spheres of influence, and over which people have no control or even responsibility.

Politics is similar to sports in that you pick the team that most closely reflects your personal values and you root for them.

Greg

It's the fun of thinking and learning and growing. I don't think that's your fun. I've pretty much eaten up your fun for what it's worth to me. But if I'm a cook who isn't hungry for one type of food I can still dish it up for others, so I'll continue to roast and toast you. Since you're not a fish, sushi is out of the question, even pretend sushi, so into the oven you go. The only thing that really pisses me off is when you come out you're still smiling.

--Brant

there is no such thing as non-falacious metaphorical reasoning--it's all illustrations

Anybody sad Sandra Fluke lost the state senate race in California?

(by 22 points...)

Michael

California is a liberal lala world of its own, largely politically insulated from the rest of the nation by the powerful government public employee unions... and yet there was one bright spot.

The liberal Democrat super majority in the state Senate has been broken. That still leaves a Senate simple majority of liberal Democrats, a state Representative liberal Democrat super majority, and of course a liberal Democrat Governor.

So for this uberblue state, that's quite a change of direction. :smile:

Greg

The only thing that really pisses me off is when you come out you're still smiling.

Your statement demonstrates a basic difference in how we each live, Brant. You need things over which to get upset... and I don't.

Greg

The only thing that really pisses me off is when you come out you're still smiling.

Brant,

My post crossed with Greg's so we are both citing the same quote, but is this comment of yours tongue in cheek?

Smiling (for real) under pressure is one of Greg's virtues I admire the most.

Even when it pisses me off.

Michael

Your statement demonstrates a basic difference in how we each live, Brant. You need things over which to get upset... and I don't.

Greg

Responding to Michael's question (and FYI), it was tongue in cheek.

--Brant

being pissed off and needing to be pissed off are not the same things; motivations can vary

a man without pissed off is a man who desperately needs to be catheritized--try a Foley for starters, then do it yourself at home, then the latest in not-so-painful equipment delivered to your door AT NO COST TO YOU! (except for the lube)

do you need others to be pissed off by you to honor your own disowned pissed-offed-nesses?

We are going to need Alice In Wonderland to monitor this debate!

Greg

being pissed off and needing to be pissed off are not the same things; motivations can vary

While motivations can vary, becoming upset is always preceded by a need to become upset. You can easily tell this whenever your intellect comes up with all manner of complex convoluted wordy thought justifications of why the outside world is to blame.
That's a dead giveaway you're doing something wrong! :laugh:
But because people believe they are the sole originators of thought, they never even question the validity of those lying wordy justifications.
This process can become much like an addictive drug where people can become fixated on things in the outside world over which to become upset... and the world being what it is, will always contain an "all you can eat buffet" of things over which to get upset, served up piping hot 24 hours a day in order to meet that need.
Angrily blaming (unjustly accusing) the outside world for offending us is all the rage nowadays (pun intended). What can upset us can control us by capturing our attention and diverting it from ourselves. Once diverted, nothing can be resolved as now our attention is somewhere else besides ourselves... which is the original purpose of needing to become upset... to place our attention somewhere... anywhere else... just not on ourselves.

do you need others to be pissed off by you to honor your own disowned pissed-offed-nesses?

That's still the same slavery to others...

The only real resolution to that self imposed slavery is to learn how to give up the compulsion of getting our negative emotional cues from the outside world. Only then are we free to move and have our being from something else. Some kind of self-reflective non-hypnotic non-self-deceptive practice can be helpful in that regard.

Greg

Greg likes to expand the topic to twice as big so he'll only be half as wrong as he was.

Ok, Brant. You obviously disagree with what I said about the need to be upset, to angrily blame (unjustly accuse) the outside world, and how the intellect uses lying thoughts to deceitfully justify wrong actions. And that's fine with me because you're the one who gets the results of it in your own life just as I do in mine.

Greg

Greg likes to expand the topic to twice as big so he'll only be half as wrong as he was.

Ok, Brant. You obviously disagree with what I said about the need to be upset, to angrily blame (unjustly accuse) the outside world, and how the intellect uses lying thoughts to deceitfully justify wrong actions. And that's fine with me because you're the one who gets the results of it in your own life just as I do in mine.

Greg

Now you sound pissed. I'll get what I deserve until I get T-boned by a Lincoln.

--Brant

as soon as I start having fun and treating all this as "entertainment," Greg takes the punchbowl away

Greg

--Brant

as soon as I start having fun and treating all this as "entertainment," Greg takes the punchbowl away

No, he actually impersonates a young Ellsworth and turns his garden hose of repitition on you. :laugh:

This is what I have been referring to since the 2010 earthquake.

When President Obama was elected in 2008, his victory signaled a generational change and the prospect of renewal for the Democratic Party. Instead, the opposite has occurred. Over the past six years, the party has been hollowed out.

The past two midterm elections have been cruel to Democrats, costing them control of the House and now the Senate, and producing a cumulative wipeout in the states. The 2010 and 2014 elections saw the defeat of younger politicians — some in office, others seeking it — who might have become national leaders.

O'Malley of Maryland is a virtual moron and, as Baltz points out, had a significant setback...

Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley has been moving toward a presidential candidacy. But he suffered a significant setback in Tuesday’s midterms when his state turned to Republican Larry Hogan to replace him. Sen. Bernard Sanders (I-Vt.) has a populist message for Democrats, but he is not going to be the party’s future. Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts is a favorite of progressives and capable of stirring passions, but she shows no serious signs of running as long as Clinton is in the race, and perhaps even if Clinton isn’t.

Decimation of their "farm team:"

The more serious problem for Democrats is the drubbing they’ve taken in the states, the breeding ground for future national talent and for policy experimentation. Republicans have unified control — the governorship and the legislature — in 23 states, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

There is a great insert that shows the Senate and House numbers back through Eisenhower...

The dearth of power in the states translates into a less vibrant policy debate within the Democratic Party at a time when Democrats need a bigger and more compelling economic message. Democrats ran tactical campaigns with tactical messaging this fall. Absent more governors, with the ability to test and refine programs, the party will have more difficulty developing fresh ideas. Everyone is counting on Clinton. But with whom will Clinton — if she runs — have a serious intraparty debate about the post-Obama agenda?

None of this means that Democrats will lose the presidential election in 2016. The coalition that Obama assembled to win in 2008 and 2012, to the degree that it remains intact, gives them a head start in a national campaign. As does the electoral map.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/two-midterm-elections-have-hollowed-out-the-democratic-party/2014/11/08/0366c60a-66c9-11e4-9fdc-d43b053ecb4d_story.html

Greg

There's no reason for me to get angry at you, Brant... because I don't get the consequences of your view. You do. :smile:

And since you had expressed your disagreement with what I said about angrily blaming others, I clarified exactly to what you are disagreeing so that the contrast between our two views is easily seen.

Greg