A Thought About Joe Biden

Ever since the Vice Presidential Debate, I've been bothered by something nagging in the back of my mind about Biden's silliness and laughfest.

The obvious thing is that Biden's reactions were totally staged and insincere, as anyone who has followed Biden's talks can attest. Oh, he laughs normally but the exaggeration of mirth was out of character. Now here's the interesting part. The media did not pick up on the fakeness of it. All they did was ridicule it.

I didn't see anyone anywhere speculate that Biden might have been acting. They were too busy having fun with the weirdness. That's the current American media for ya'.

Then there was that damn nag.

What was it?

Oh...

I remember...

Rule No. 5 from Rules for Radicals by Saul Alinksy:

Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.

What Biden did was right out of the Alinsky playbook. That's why he overdid the jeering. It was on purpose as a staged act and I would bet money that he practiced it and where to do it. He didn't even worry about being mocked himself. His goal was to ridicule the perceived credibility of Ryan, even if he had to fall on his sword a bit.

Whether one agrees with Ryan or not, the public perceives him as a numbers wiz-kid with the balls to stand up to Obama to his face. That means the public finds him credible, strong and principled, even many of those who disagree with him.

Biden has a reputation for being a clown at times. It's part of his persona. So the hit from mockery by the press for his openly derisive demeanor is negligible compared to the potential damage his ridicule could have done to Ryan. That's why he did it.

I'm glad I finally figured this out. Now it makes sense to me.

The result?

I don't think he managed to plant the seed of doubt in the public's mind. He did make Ryan look a bit inexperienced and I have seen this reflected in news comments, both qua comments and in a subtle attitude toward Ryan. But it's not enough to impact the drift of public opinion for the ticket one way or the other.

I want to say Biden made a fool out of himself and damaged his reputation. I sure do. I'm biased. But I can't. I do think he achieved the first--he acted the fool all right. Fleetingly.

I don't think he did anything to the second. His people are still his people and the independents are still mulling and slowly drifting toward Romney. They may not have liked what he did, but I don't think this weighed too much on their mind. Too many of them are too worried to care since they are looking for work.

Michael

Good heavens, he's a byproduct of Alinsky, a facelift & hair plugs. Doesn't get much worse than that.

I didn't see anyone anywhere speculate that Biden might have been acting.

I believe it was Chris Wallace who said he's known Biden for decades, and that the smirking interrupting etc. character we saw is the real Joe Biden. Implying that the character that debated Palin wasn't.

Michael:

This is part of the Alinsky semantic plan.

However, there is another reason for his flailing arms, uncontrolled grin and almost Turrets type vocalizations.

A stroke away from the presidency--Joe Biden’s Obamacare hypocrisy

SAN DIEGO, October 10, 2012 – In January, 1988, Vice President Joe Biden, then Senator from Delaware, was diagnosed with two brain aneurysms. In February, 1988, he underwent surgery to repair one of the weakened/ballooning arteries on one side of his brain. Shortly thereafter, he suffered a blood clot in his lungs known as a pulmonary embolus, which required timely, life-saving hospitalization and treatment. In August, 1988, the second damaged artery on the other side of the Vice President’s brain was surgically mended in a 270 minute operative procedure under general anesthesia.

People with a history of blood clots, brain surgery and/or brain aneurysms are at a significantly increased risk of ‘stroke’ (a layman’s term to denote a lack of blood flow and oxygen to brain tissue due to a clot-induced vessel blockage or outright vessel rupture and bleeding). The Vice President, today, remains at an increased risk for stroke.

Mr. Biden’s personal medical history begs the question of fairness and honesty when it comes to any discussion of the current White House administration’s signature health care reform legislation, which the President himself now proudly refers to as Obamacare.

Under Obamacare, it is widely known that many aspects of the U.S. health system will be reduced in terms of funding, restricted in terms of availability, and/or eliminated altogether under the rationing body known as the Independent Payment Advisory Board.

Ever since the Vice Presidential Debate, I've been bothered by something nagging in the back of my mind about Biden's silliness and laughfest.

The obvious thing is that Biden's reactions were totally staged and insincere, as anyone who has followed Biden's talks can attest. Oh, he laughs normally but the exaggeration of mirth was out of character. Now here's the interesting part. The media did not pick up on the fakeness of it. All they did was ridicule it.

I didn't see anyone anywhere speculate that Biden might have been acting. They were too busy having fun with the weirdness. That's the current American media for ya'.

Then there was that damn nag.

What was it?

Oh...

I remember...

Rule No. 5 from Rules for Radicals by Saul Alinksy:

Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.

What Biden did was right out of the Alinsky playbook. That's why he overdid the jeering. It was on purpose as a staged act and I would bet money that he practiced it and where to do it. He didn't even worry about being mocked himself. His goal was to ridicule the perceived credibility of Ryan, even if he had to fall on his sword a bit.

Whether one agrees with Ryan or not, the public perceives him as a numbers wiz-kid with the balls to stand up to Obama to his face. That means the public finds him credible, strong and principled, even many of those who disagree with him.

Biden has a reputation for being a clown at times. It's part of his persona. So the hit from mockery by the press for his openly derisive demeanor is negligible compared to the potential damage his ridicule could have done to Ryan. That's why he did it.

I'm glad I finally figured this out. Now it makes sense to me.

The result?

I don't think he managed to plant the seed of doubt in the public's mind. He did make Ryan look a bit inexperienced and I have seen this reflected in news comments, both qua comments and in a subtle attitude toward Ryan. But it's not enough to impact the drift of public opinion for the ticket one way or the other.

I want to say Biden made a fool out of himself and damaged his reputation. I sure do. I'm biased. But I can't. I do think he achieved the first--he acted the fool all right. Fleetingly.

I don't think he did anything to the second. His people are still his people and the independents are still mulling and slowly drifting toward Romney. They may not have liked what he did, but I don't think this weighed too much on their mind. Too many of them are too worried to care since they are looking for work.

Michael

Obama and his buddies are mind and spirit children of that trouble maker Alinsky. Alinsky died young, but his poison is still in the system.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Adam,

Is it publicly known where in Joe Biden's brain the two aneurysms were located?

I've heard speculation before about his tendency to blurt without self-monitoring and his weird reactions, but without specifics as to where the damage was done.

Robert Campbell

Robert:

I am trying to track this down. Apparently, according to the following story, he released his medical records in 2008. John Bachelor had a professor who discussed this at length last week [http://johnbatchelorshow.com/].

Friday 950P Eastern Time: . Henry Miller, Hoover, in re: why does Joe Biden act strangely in public? Is there a physical explanation? Biden had two cerebral aneurysms (a ballooning out of an artery; balloon causes pressure on the brain and causes many symptoms) operated on: one on left and one on right were surgically repaired. Last month he told a crowd in West Virginia that Romney would "put y'all back in chains" to an African-American audience; confused Virginia with North Carolina. In 1987, he plagiarized – outright stole - a Neil Kinnock speech and even revised his own family history to conform to Kinnock's speech, claiming his own family had been miners. Said he'd been the only one in his law school class to have a full scholarship and was graduated as best student; not true, and he was graduated 76th out of 82; all bizarre statements. Inappropriate affect, incl weird laughter in speaking about national policy; no empathy with Americans killed in Benghazi; grinning, mumbling to himself; hand signals, rolling his eyes back to the lights. Inability to control himself.

I just got in from an appointment and I will dig up the pod cast as soon as I can...

Democratic VP nominee Biden releases medical records

JOE BIDEN

1px.gif1px.gif

October 20, 2008|By Caleb Hellerman CNN Medical Producer

pixel.gif

Democratic vice presidential candidate Joe Biden, 65, released his medical records Monday, detailing the treatment of two brain aneurysms in 1988 and other, mostly minor medical problems.

Biden has had no subsequent aneurysms and has since undergone appropriate screening, according to Dr. Matthew Parker, a physician chosen by the campaign to address the news media. Said Parker: "Everything that was supposed to be done, is being done."

Parker spoke to reporters because Biden's physician, Dr. John Eisold, the official attending physician for Congress, does not discuss his patients publicly. Federal Election Commission records show Parker contributed $2,300 to Sen. Barack Obama's presidential campaign in the spring of 2008.

What I got from the debates is Biden is smarter than Obama, our first and last affirmative action President.

Baring any fox pussy from Romney in the next two debates, the Democrats will be devastated by the election in November. It will not be close.

It's the left-wing Big Media and its lying, manipulative ways that I want to see devastated. The Romney Administration will bring its own can of worms to our governance.

If Israel hasn't attacked Iran yet, it's because its leaders expect Obama to lose. Now it's too close to the election. They don't want to see Obama playing CIC and riding his posturing to electoral victory--that is they don't want any wild cards in this geo-political game. (Speculation on my part.)

--Brant

Israel and the US will take out Iran next year, likely early on, with coordinated strikes mostly from the air with the always concomitant serious unexpected consequences--unexpected as in unknown in their particulars, not generally speaking

This interests me very much, I did not see the debate and was startled that our media here described Biden as "quick-witted", as I had perceived him to be slow and dumb. Also, my mother died of an aneurysm, but up to her sudden instantaneous death she was entirely sharp and very much her own (eccentric) self. Truly we do not know the day or the hour.

This interests me very much, I did not see the debate and was startled that our media here described Biden as "quick-witted", as I had perceived him to be slow and dumb. Also, my mother died of an aneurysm, but up to her sudden instantaneous death she was entirely sharp and very much her own (eccentric) self. Truly we do not know the day or the hour.

Biden's neither smart nor quick witted.

--Brant

• 1 year later...

However, Joe "The Plagiarist" Biden, clearly the dumbest and most dangerous Senator/Vice President to ever occupy either of those offices stated that:

The other two countries ...[he} named were Saudi Arabia, which is about to host the U.S.-funded training of thousands of Syrian rebel fighters, and Qatar, which houses a covert CIA training facility for Syrian rebels.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2014/10/05/242222_biden-continues-to-apologize-first.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

Now what was the moron referring too?

Well he was answering questions at Harvard University's School of Government when...

...he veered off the official talking points to declare, “Our allies in the region were our largest problem” in preventing the spread of al Qaida in Syria.

“The Saudis, the Emirates; what were they doing?” he said. “They were so determined to take down (Syrian President Bashar) Assad and have a proxy Sunni-Shia war, they poured hundreds of millions of dollars and thousands of tons of weapons into anyone who would fight against Assad. Except that the people who were being supplied were (Jabhat) al Nusra and al Qaida, and the extremist elements of jihadis coming from other parts of the world.”

He had already made a fool out of himself with Erdogan and:

... raised ire in Turkey by quoting from President Recep Tayyip Erdogan during their meeting during the U.N. General Assembly.

“President Erdogan told me, ‘You were right. We let too many people through. So we’re trying to seal the border,’” Biden quoted him as saying.

Erdogan retorted that Turkey had not provided “even the smallest amount of support” to any terrorist organization. As for his reputed confession, he said: “I never admitted any mistake, nor did we tell them that they 'were right' during my visit to the U.S.” And he said if Biden didn’t apologize, “then he will be history for me.”

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2014/10/05/242222_biden-continues-to-apologize-first.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

Is there a single competent individual ap[pointed by President O'bama?

Gates was a holdover.

A...

However, Joe "The Plagiarist" Biden, clearly the dumbest and most dangerous Senator/Vice President to ever occupy either of those offices stated that:

The other two countries ...[he} named were Saudi Arabia, which is about to host the U.S.-funded training of thousands of Syrian rebel fighters, and Qatar, which houses a covert CIA training facility for Syrian rebels.

Now what was the moron referring too?

Well he was answering questions at Harvard University's School of Government when...

...he veered off the official talking points to declare, “Our allies in the region were our largest problem” in preventing the spread of al Qaida in Syria.

“The Saudis, the Emirates; what were they doing?” he said. “They were so determined to take down (Syrian President Bashar) Assad and have a proxy Sunni-Shia war, they poured hundreds of millions of dollars and thousands of tons of weapons into anyone who would fight against Assad. Except that the people who were being supplied were (Jabhat) al Nusra and al Qaida, and the extremist elements of jihadis coming from other parts of the world.”

He had already made a fool out of himself with Erdogan and:

... raised ire in Turkey by quoting from President Recep Tayyip Erdogan during their meeting during the U.N. General Assembly.

“President Erdogan told me, ‘You were right. We let too many people through. So we’re trying to seal the border,’” Biden quoted him as saying.

Erdogan retorted that Turkey had not provided “even the smallest amount of support” to any terrorist organization. As for his reputed confession, he said: “I never admitted any mistake, nor did we tell them that they 'were right' during my visit to the U.S.” And he said if Biden didn’t apologize, “then he will be history for me.”

Is there a single competent individual ap[pointed by President O'bama?

Gates was a holdover.

A...

Competent for what? The country or Obama?

--Brant

• 1 month later...

Trey Gowdy said his party can't impeach the president over his threatened immigration overhaul – but only because Biden would become president

The folksy Biden wants the top job for himself but Republicans see him as a potentially embarrassing one-man gaffe factory

One senior House GOP aide said Biden is 'two floppy shoes short of a complete clown outfit' and Obama's 'insurance policy'

Gowdy hinted that impeachment is being dangled by the White House as bait in the hope that the GOP will destroy its own credibility by trying it

A Texas Republican congressman and a judge-turned-news-analyst floated the idea this week

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2835048/He-s-two-floppy-shoes-short-complete-clown-outfit-Republican-congressman-says-GOP-shouldn-t-impeach-Barack-Obama-met-Joe-Biden.html#ixzz3J9ZNQwZX

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2835048/He-s-two-floppy-shoes-short-complete-clown-outfit-Republican-congressman-says-GOP-shouldn-t-impeach-Barack-Obama-met-Joe-Biden.html