My introduction, and photography

Thorn

Yup sculptris as a plugin for zbrush, fun stuff, I Also have Cinema4D but have been focusing on my photography for the last couple years.

I prefer the Dynamesh function in Zbrush, as the Sculptris-bridge is so unstable.

Haven't tried C4D yet but lately i've been thinking of ditching Autodesk in favor of Maxon. I don't like the way Autodesk handles their applications. For example, it took until Maya 2016 for them to update the polygon modelling tools. And for some reason it seems they're forcing their applications into certain niches. Like Maya for games and animation, and 3DStudio for rendering and visualisation.

Since i'd rather not use both Maya and 3DStudio (i'd rather not use 3DStudio at all since I find very clunky to work with), i'm looking for alternatives. And C4D looks interesting.

I am astounded, not so much by the technology (though there is that), but by your use of it. To give me the same software would be to give paints to a chimpanzee.

Thank you!

To answer your question in your PM, I have just registered on Deviantart and put up a gallery there:

http://alexitq.deviantart.com/

I could have sworn that I saw your "Portrait of a Woman" years ago over on OO, only flipped horizontally. Were you maybe "trebor" or "trevor" or something similar?

J

I am astounded, not so much by the technology (though there is that), but by your use of it. To give me the same software would be to give paints to a chimpanzee.

I have to concur with MEM. I get excited when I successfully remove red eye. I'm amazed by the work being shown here.

Good stuff!

http://jestephotography.deviantart.com

That's me. I'm still in the process of culling my gallery. Too muchhh stuffff.

Thanks!

Wildlife photography must be damn difficult. Like a combination of ninja-skills and photography. At least i've never managed to get close enough to get a good shot.

I could have sworn that I saw your "Portrait of a Woman" years ago over on OO, only flipped horizontally. Were you maybe "trebor" or "trevor" or something similar?

J

You have a good memory - that was several years ago! For some reason, I can't recall why, I flipped the image and put on a white vignette.

I'm 'Alfa' though, not 'trebor'. :smile:

I have to concur with MEM. I get excited when I successfully remove red eye. I'm amazed by the work being shown here.

Thank you for all the kind words! :smile:

---

I made a little quick study tonight. Tried limiting the time to ~1,5 hours to practice "nailing things" more quickly. It's far from accurate, but it went better than I had expected.

2h3a05h.jpg

My years as a hunter helps a lot but nonetheless wildlife photography is a right royal pain in the ass butttt despite uncooperative subjects never being where you want them when the light and surroundings are perfect once in a while everything lines up. I'm heading to Jasper National park now! Left my house at 2:45 A.M it's 5:30am now. I should be there by 7:20 just as the sun peaks over the mountains. Going to be about a 20 hour day by the time I get home. Hopefully I get more than a chipmunk in my viewfinder!

You have a good memory - that was several years ago! For some reason, I can't recall why, I flipped the image and put on a white vignette.I'm 'Alfa' though, not 'trebor'. :smile:

Well, then we already kind of know each other. Welcome to OL, and thanks for sharing more of your work. You've got talent! Please post more (both 3D and 2D) when you get the chance.

J

• 2 weeks later...