A military woman

Backlighting

While sitting in the dental chair for a couple of hours today I had the opportunity to converse with a young lady medical assistant who also happens to be an Army reservist. Being a vet myself I enjoy finding out how's things in the military. There was a lot of back and forth and I mostly asked the questions.

Here is what she has accomplished... she's just 21 yrs old(!)

After basic training:

Completed training as a tank operator (showed me some pics she had on her phone of her inside the tank),

Graduated Paratroopers school,

Completed training as a bomb maker,

She presently carries the rank of sergeant (E-5).

Will be deployed to Kuwait next year.

-Joe

While sitting in the dental chair for a couple of hours today I had the opportunity to converse with a young lady medical assistant who also happens to be an Army reservist. Being a vet myself I enjoy finding out how's things in the military. There was a lot of back and forth and I mostly asked the questions.

Here is what she has accomplished... she's just 21 yrs old(!)

After basic training:

Completed training as a tank operator (showed me some pics she had on her phone of her inside the tank),

Graduated Paratroopers school,

Completed training as a bomb maker,

She presently carries the rank of sergeant (E-5).

Will be deployed to Kuwait next year.

-Joe

Young folks get a bad collective rap and probably always will lol we got ours...

Yeah, Adam they do and to those who get thru it & achieve something worthwhile in spite of it...I salute.

This 21 yr. old did.

-J

Yeah, Adam they do and to those who get thru it & achieve something worthwhile in spite of it...I salute.

This 21 yr. old did.

-J

Yep and damn glad she is on our side...

Here's a couple of ladies who graduated from the hell that is the U.S. Army Ranger School.

Bad Asses indeed.

-J

http://www.businessinsider.com/first-women-to-earn-army-ranger-tab-2015-8

Women do not have the upper body strength for modern day ground combat arms. The soldier is carrying too much weight. If I were a young man today enlisted into such I'd first spend a year in the gym bulking up, running, swimming and maybe learning a foreign language. And that's just for Special Forces. Rangers means even more physically for SF has always concentrated on brains. It's not that some females can't endure Ranger training--those did--it's carrying weight week after week and month after month. The guys get worn down too, but usually last longer. If I wanted to fight for my country today if I were young, it'd be the Air Force or Navy. If it were 1964 again I'd have let them recruit me into NSA which they tried to do off my test scores. Then, a career as a spook after the army. (I could keep blabbering on, but I'm boring myself.)

--Brant

I would have bought Apple Computer (now Apple) in 1997

Brant,

I'd add heavy squats, and lots of them, to the workouts (ouch).

The legs hold everything up.

-J

I follow West Points FB page and saw those soldiers getting their just rewards. Combat is a role that some women can take on and hopefully its one that men will embrace on its own merit while accepting gender differences.

Dr Hurd interviewed a retired soldier in his Living Resources newsletter in "A Marines take on PTSD." Latest issue and excellent article. https://drhurd.com

Theres a whole other aspect to being a soldier than carrying weight and it has to do with the moral, mental, ROE's and being in theater unable to use your independent judgment, and accepting chain of command for what it is and is not.

My ole man went to the Point, became a snake eater, went to VN. Ill just say its not easy living with a combat soldier.

Were lucky to have good people willing and able to fight. They look like stand up joes. )

Lori J. Robinson

Now here's a woman carrying a large and monumentally important load on her shoulders.

In her mid-fifties she is a four star Air Force General who is commander of Pacific Air Forces.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lori_Robinson

Hardening the soldier for combat

How to Ruck

Anything by Al Ciampi.

In case anyone is interested. Same rules apply to old guys trying to stay useful...

Get a heart rate monitor. Check out the warrior diet or intermittent fasting.

A good read...thanks for the post Mikee.

-Joe