Teenagers, please sign in.

Inky

Howdy, Julian. :D You have a themed high-school? How does that work? Is it private?

Hi Kori,

Haha, I never thought of it that way. It's public, but I had to test to get in. It's pretty cool. Every year we do different dissections. We watch live surgeries via distance learning. Last year we did hospital rotations and next year we get to intern in a medical profession of our choice. Our curriculum is also more science-oriented, although we get the regular humanities classes.

This is not an endorsement of public schools though. :angel: It's definitely an improvement (I don't think I could have survived at a regular high school), but it is still frustrating at times.

That's so cool! I want to be a medical illustrator, and I'm waiting [im]patiently to learn all the proper anatomical stuff in college.

Anyway, welcome to anyone who's joined up since I was here last, enjoy your stay =)

I'll try showing up a wee bit more often. Oh, and I'm rereading Atlas Shrugged, for the record.

Sayonara!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno why you're asking Kori, dear, since I'm the one with the quotes. :P Anyway, he's a stand up comedian, not as famous as he used to be. His brand of humor was...strange. He would deliver his jokes with minimal expression and just run straight through his ludicrous lines without pausing for laughter or anything. Quite something. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Chris and his teenage home boy group:

Here's some recent Steve Wright - I have always found his dry insanity hilarious:

http://www.stevenwright.com/clips/index.html

:rofl:

http://www.weather.net/zarg/ZarPages/stevenWright.html

Here are a plethora of his one lined insanity.

Some of his one liners you will be thinking about for days, like: "I was born by Caesarian section...but not so you'd notice. It's just that when

I leave a house, I go out through the window." -- Steven Wright

Which reminds me of the test tube baby who had a womb with a view.

Adam

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

G'day. The name's Alexander. 17, Gilbert, Arizona. Became an Objectivist about half a year ago from a combination of The Fountainhead, Atlas Shrugged, online lectures, The Virtue of Selfishness, a friend of mine, and a few economic sites and articles.

Welcome Alex:

Great place to ask questions and make statements.

Adam

• 1 year later...

I'm 14 (one of the youngest people here!). I'm not really an Objectivist, but I'm interested in it.

Jackie:

Have you read any of Ayn's books?

Adam

• 1 year later...

Hey just joined OL. Names Jacob. Im 17. I live in South Africa. Iv never actually met another objectivist so i thought joining a forum was the next best thing.

"Converting" people to Objectivism is proving second too impossible here :-(

I feel bad for asking (because i dont want to sound like an born again evangelist :-P) : but how does one go about opening other people up to objectivist ideas?

When I speak about my views in class i get rolling of the eyes and general bad looks from my peers (especially in the history class)