The Success of America's Public School System (Ghs - 1985)

I actually watched the whole thing. Learned something.

--Brant

if you don't watch this you cannot expect to be a good citizen of the libertarian state that needs your sacrifices for its continuation!

(fallacy alert!, fallacy alert!)

Cato recently uploaded this lecture that I gave in 1985.

Ghs

If you see how U.S. school kids are ranked in the world in science and math, how can you say our elementary schools are a success. They are tax loot funded illiteracy mills.

I made sure my kids could read. I taught them all to read by age 4 and I made sure that they could reason logically. The schools were no help there and sometimes a hinderance. Our school teachers are drafted from the bottom 25 percent of our college "educated" population.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Ba'al

If you see how U.S. school kids are ranked in the world in science and math, how can you say our elementary schools are a success. They are tax loot funded illiteracy mills.

"And yet we are the tallest people in the room." - Thomas Jefferson in Paris.

In other words, not a lot of innovation comes from Finland, Slovenia, Singapore, and Hong Kong, or ever did.

More to the point, here, however, GHS's thesis has nothing to do with technical skills and everything to do with socialization, at which the schools were successful (except in our cases, of course).