News Feeds and up to the Minute Media Sightings

Kat

I have subscribled to RSS feeds to bring to Objectivist Living links to the lastest news and media mentions of Ayn Rand and Objectivism. (RSS stands for really simple syndication) These are posted automatically, although under my name, and are from three sources: Randex, Yahoo, and Google. The source of the feed is indicated in brackets.

Randex.org is a site that indexes online media references to Ayn Rand and Objectivism. "The main goal of Randex is to provide an indication of the impact of Ayn Rand's ideas in today's culture. This impact can be measured by the frequency with which the ideas are discussed or mentioned, the level of understanding shown, and also by the attitude taken by writers to Rand's ideas—be it positive, negative, or neutral." Randex uses one, two or three dots to indicate relevency. Three dots are most relevent.

For Yahoo News I used "Objectivism" as the search term and for Google News , it searches for "Ayn Rand."

There will be some duplication and I will try to delete these as I see them as well as topics with low relevency. I may also prune out topics that are not commented on over time, just to keep things tidy. I may also move these to another area of the forum if they relate to an existing topic.

I hope you find these news sightings interesting and that some of these news topics will spark interesting discussion. Feel free to post comments on the news feed threads.

If you are not seeing the news feed topics, it is because it is a subforum under News and Interesting Articles and is not visible from outside of the News forum. Go into the News forum by clicking the text link "News and Interesting Articles" in the Objectivist Living section of the main page. That will take you to the news forum where you can click on the words News Feeds to expand the subforum and see the topics.

Kat

• 15 years later...

On 10/16/2021 at 1:44 AM, Peter said:

While Mayim Bialik has been hosting Jeopardy there have been two mentions of Ayn Rand in the clues. And the people saying her name said it correctly. Now if I could just learn to say Mayim Bialik's name. 

I think I saw her yesterday while watching Curb your Enthusiasm

17 minutes ago, tmj said:

Marc, Marc , Marc if you insist on this line of attack , it will eventually lead to discussions about how subconsciously you identified Bill and Hillary as later instantiations of Alan and Monica Quartermaine.

You mean they aren't?!?!!!!!

10 hours ago, tmj said:

This is exactly what I was trying to avoid, Amy Farrah Fowler and let's leave it at that.

Do you see her different from Amy Farrah Fowler since she started doin Jeopardy? As Elaine Betes said, Is she sponge worthy now?