Natanyahu Lowers the Boom

BaalChatzaf

Well, I managed not to post on this thread for a week, except for one I emptied and an accidental piece of fluff, but now, yes, right now!--I'm Back!!!! (in River City and my name is spelled "P-O-O-L"!).

Israel shouldn't stop in Gaza until there's no more Hamas to stomp on. Anybody wanna argue? Go tell it to the Israeli ambassador. I'm busy thinking about something else. Iran. (I ran to Iran.)

Almost all of Israel's geo-political war problems are from countries east of Suez, but only Iran is a major threat. What must be dealt with is how Hamas got its rockets. They weren't manufactured in Gaza.

--Brant

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like some of the Hamas men use these tunnels as motel rooms for their girlfriends...for some reason all of their girlfriends appear to have four (4) legs...

https://www.google.com/search?q=gaza+tunnels&client=palemoon&rls=Palemoon:en-US&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=IZPVU_W1H8b2oATdjoGQBw&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAw&biw=1600&bih=705

A...

72 virgin sheep in heaven?

--Brant

maybe they bang boys like they do in Afghanistan

72 virgin sheep in heaven?

--Brant

maybe they bang boys like they do in Afghanistan

And America...

There are also a lot of confused folks. Would be decent folks who don't quite know how to be decent. Sometimes it is not easy to know.

Every adult knows good from evil... and every adult chooses.

Greg

No. There are confused people who either never had a Moral Compass or whose Moral Compass has become thoroughly confounded.

I have meet some of these Confused Souls directly and personally.

Ba'al Chatzaf

There are also a lot of confused folks. Would be decent folks who don't quite know how to be decent. Sometimes it is not easy to know.

Greg

No. There are confused people who either never had a Moral Compass or whose Moral Compass has become thoroughly confounded.

Ba'al Chatzaf

This is why I don't respond directly to Greg any more. His is the broad, all-encompassing absolutism of a preacher. Even if I believed in God I would not go to church for I will not be preached to. I do read Greg, but since he's on my "ignore" list I have a buffer reminder not to just snap-my-fingers blast him and to count ten for the inevitable preaching. This vitiates the preaching enough for my blessed toleration. Greg has been repeating himself almost from day one. There is serious value there, nonetheless. I do the same with Marc's posts. I won't directly reply to him to avoid the inevitable flame war. While I prefer a flame war to preaching, "Next year in Jerusalem" means nothing to me beyond some kind of collective cultural-psychological insanity induced by centuries of anti-Semitism, so argument is worthless. (That's why Israel exists and sustains its existence in a hostile, anti-European environment. Israel is a European country with balls and brains.) It's my intellectual vs his alligator intellectual and my alligator isn't engaged save reactive to his. The last on my "ignore" list is Kyrel and I don't read anything by Kyrel, whom I think has left the barn.

--Brant

Greg

Ba'al Chatzaf

...and if you were to observe the lives of those you have excused as "confused souls", you would discover that they are getting exactly what they deserve as the consequences of what you call "confusion". This is because what you call "confusion" has no effect upon your own personal accountability to moral law. You'll get what you deserve no matter what excuse you try to make up.

Moral law is just like the law of gravity. Being utterly impersonal, it is wholly unaffected by your excuses. So regardless of your cries that you were "confused" when you stepped off the cliff...

...the end result of hitting the ground is exactly the same.

Greg

Moral law is just like the law of gravity. Being utterly impersonal, it is wholly unaffected by your excuses. So regardless of your cries that you were "confused" when you stepped off the cliff...

...the end result of hitting the ground is exactly the same.

Greg

Greg is a Neo-Calvinist.

This is an excerpt from Jonathan Edwards' sermon, Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God...great sermon by the way.

They deserve to be cast into hell; so that divine justice never stands in the way, it makes no objection against God's using his power at any moment to destroy them. Yea, on the contrary, justice calls aloud for an infinite punishment of their sins. Divine justice says of the tree that brings forth such grapes of Sodom, "Cut it down, why cumbereth it the ground?" Luke 13:7. The sword of divine justice is every moment brandished over their heads, and it is nothing but the hand of arbitrary mercy, and God's mere will, that holds it back.

http://www.ccel.org/ccel/edwards/sermons.sinners.html

Greg

Ba'al Chatzaf

This is why I don't respond directly to Greg any more. His is the broad, all-encompassing absolutism of a preacher. Even if I believed in God I would not go to church for I will not be preached to. I do read Greg, but since he's on my "ignore" list I have a buffer reminder not to just snap-my-fingers blast him and to count ten for the inevitable preaching. This vitiates the preaching enough for my blessed toleration. Greg has been repeating himself almost from day one. There is serious value there, nonetheless. I do the same with Marc's posts. I won't directly reply to him to avoid the inevitable flame war. While I prefer a flame war to preaching, "Next year in Jerusalem" means nothing to me beyond some kind of collective cultural-psychological insanity induced by centuries of anti-Semitism, so argument is worthless. (That's why Israel exists and sustains its existence in a hostile, anti-European environment. Israel is a European country with balls and brains.) It's my intellectual vs his alligator intellectual and my alligator isn't engaged save reactive to his. The last on my "ignore" list is Kyrel and I don't read anything by Kyrel, whom I think has left the barn.

--Brant

It's worth noting that when Brant complains about others, he is is not actually ignoring them as long as he's still going on about how he is ignoring them.

This is because once a person becomes emotionally upset he has lost control over himself. And, by default, control reverts to the source of his emotional reaction. So he is powerless to ignore that which he needs to be upset about. It's very much like substance addiction.

Brant is providing a useful demonstration of this principle:

Whatever upsets you controls you.

Greg

Greg is a Neo-Calvinist.

This is an excerpt from Jonathan Edwards' sermon, Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God...great sermon by the way.

They deserve to be cast into hell; so that divine justice never stands in the way, it makes no objection against God's using his power at any moment to destroy them. Yea, on the contrary, justice calls aloud for an infinite punishment of their sins. Divine justice says of the tree that brings forth such grapes of Sodom, "Cut it down, why cumbereth it the ground?" Luke 13:7. The sword of divine justice is every moment brandished over their heads, and it is nothing but the hand of arbitrary mercy, and God's mere will, that holds it back.

That's close, Adam... except without the silly "Angry God" routine.

It's worth actually seeing that whole verse referenced:

"So he said to the vine dresser, See here! For these three years I have come looking for fruit on this fig tree and I find none. Cut it down! Why should it continue also to use up the ground, to deplete the soil, intercept the sun, and take up room?"

There's no anger here. This is a perfectly rational decision that any good farmer makes. I've done the same. If a tree doesn't bear fruit, I yank it out of the ground, cut it up. let it season, and we burn it in our stove to heat our home. Then I replace it with another tree.

There's a lesson here:

Don't be a waste of the soil in which you were planted. :wink:

Greg

I didn't even think of it.

--Brant

I don't think I've ever consciously done a double entendre; it's not how my mind works; I do quips for fun; what I did do in this case was a sophistical retort to Adam's deliberate big fat softball down the middle (he left it hanging)

--Brant

I don't think I've ever consciously done a double entendre; it's not how my mind works; I do quips for fun; what I did do in this case was a sophistical retort to Adam's deliberate big fat softball down the middle (he left it hanging)

Hey, ya gotta give an old man something to hit...

--Brant

Hey, ya gotta give an old man something to hit...

Altruist.

--Brant

your sacrifice wasn't necessary--try Casey at the bat; he needs it

What about Alice's Restaurant...where you can get anything you want...

excepting Alice.

(I was referring to phil(is) Coates and his perpetual crying

Geez...

As much as I enjoyed arguing with him, I do not miss him.

Lol.

A...

My only complaint would be...they don't use carpet bombs.

I'm assuming you think carpet bombing would be more effective against Hamas. Not true. Hamas underground. Civilians above ground. All two million of them.

--Brant

Yea, those same civilians elected HAMAS. Did we care about civilians that got in the way of military objectives when we bombed Berlin? How about Hiroshima and Nagasaki? What was the point of destroying those entire cities? Because the Japanese would never surrender because they embraced death as a philosophy. Suicide bombing via kamikaze pilots.

If Israel wants to ever stop HAMAS they need to fight to win once and for all. This includes destroying Iran as well who of course is just using Palestinians as useful idiots in a proxy war.

I am not saying to destroy the entire people, give them warning even that in "X" number of days we are levelling the entire Gaza Strip, anyone that does not leave is going to be assumed to be our enemy and shall be treated as enemy combatants. We have tried to extend the hand of peace but you have bitten the hand that feeds you one too many times. Get used to living in Jordan we are reclaiming all of Gaza because you have not been nice neighbours.

Then destroy it utterly and completely. Rebuild it after the borders are secure. It is the only way Israel will ever be free of them. Hard line? Yes. Necessary? Only if in the long run Israel wants to survive. You don't cure cancer with a band aid temporary solution, you remove the cancer before it kills you.