How to Deal With Procrastination

How to Deal With Procrastination

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4P785j15Tzk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well... maybe there's a better method...

:)

Michael

I must say I recognized myself in this guy's actions a lot. :)

Each year I resolve anew to hand in our tax papers on time, and each year it ends with a warning letter from the tax office with an ultimate deadline, resulting in frenzied last-minute activities on my part to "get my stuff done".

I really envy those who just tackle all the disagreeable stuff right away, and have often asked myself where the propensity for procrastination many people are plagued with has its roots.

No doubt the 'seeking pleasure' and 'avoiding unpleasure' principle plays a vital role.

But while we humans share this principle with animals, our animal relatives clearly don't procrastinate (e. g. no squirrel has a mental process operating which leads it to procrastinate the collecting and hiding of nuts and laze in the sun instead. :)), so there must be additional elements factoring in.

I assume that as soon as humans had acquired the ability to plan ahead, the cognitive ability to procrastinate unpleasurable tasks co-developed with it. ;)

Procastination can even have its advantages. Some issues and conflicts often get resolved if one waits a little doing nothing ...

Edited by Xray