Yet ANOTHER new book by Leonard Peikoff

Roger Bissell

The cascade of edited/published volumes of Peikoff's old lecture series continues! The latest one, on philosophy of education, apparently slipped under the radar two months ago...REB

http://www.amazon.com/Teaching-Johnny-Think-Philosophy-Objectivism/dp/0979466164/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1396678620&sr=1-1&keywords=leonard+peikoff

The Amazon blurb says "Leonard Peikoff is the preeminent Rand scholar writing today." If he knows anything about scholarship he has consciously engaged in massive fraud regarding the use of Rand's intellectual estate as opposed to gross incompetence. Mix threm up to find out what he's been actually about.

--Brant

and yes, he's no scholar

I anxiously await the publication of his "Principles of Grammar."

Never before have so many throat clearing noises been summoned on behalf of the war against dangling participles.

Going from cough to throat clearing, Mr. Leonard taught us all wonderful grammar stuff...*

* :laugh:

First Dr Mrs Dr's new old dissertation, now Peikoff's new old lesson plans following Pigero's new old articles. I better get cracking on Xin Chu and Abdullah's ESL Level 7 Tales of the Sacred Igloo.

First Dr Mrs Dr's new old dissertation, now Peikoff's new old lesson plans following Pigero's new old articles. I better get cracking on Xin Chu and Abdullah's ESL Level 7 Tales of the Sacred Igloo.

Never heard of it. Is it worth reading? The "Igloo" part of the title makes me wonder if it is about Inuits, and please, don't call them Eskimos.

lol Worth reading? Modesty forbids. You've already read most of it if you followed Canadian Boring thread. Combined with the ESL part I expect to craft a crossover volume of dynamic interest to the vital demographics of Outdated Canadiana Fans and People Who do are Not Good at Reading English..

Ah, you Canadians, always wanting to come to America. Don't you love the way we make the continent ours? We put Canada into "Upper, Too Cold America" and Mexico into "Central America," in our thinking and actions.

I am thinking of self-publishing my lengthy list of witty comments and rejoinders from my OL tenure.

This is just a working title, but how about: "My Years With Phil, Neil, and Greg: A OL Commenter's Manifesto".

PDS wrote, “This is just a working title, but how about: "My Years With Phil, Neil, and Greg: A OL Commenter's Manifesto".”

Doesn’t sound scholarly enough, and vaguely communistic. If you leave someone name off the title, you will hurt their feelings, and IF they are listed it might alert the NSA. The term ‘my years’ should only be used if it is twenty years later and everyone is dead. Pry the corner staple out and fling those pages to the wind. I think that is all the triteness I can come up with. Oh, and keep up the good work.