True Facts About The Octopus

Everything you've ever wanted to know about the octopus, condensed into one video.

isn't the plural Octipi?

Question: What Is the Plural of Octopus?
Answer:

You really can't go very wrong if you try to come up with a plural for octopus on your own. Like many nouns, it has a few acceptable plural forms. The correct forms are octopuses, octopodes, or octopi.

Out of curiosity, why do folks use the phrase "true facts."

What would an untrue fact be?

A...

isn't the plural Octipi?

Answer:

You really can't go very wrong if you try to come up with a plural for octopus on your own. Like many nouns, it has a few acceptable plural forms. The correct forms are octopuses, octopodes, or octopi.

A...

I don't know, but that's probably because there is no such thing as a "true fact" either. Truth is a property of statements, and not facts. Facts are the things that make a true statement true, but it cannot itself be true or false, much like a disease can make a person sick but cannot itself be healthy or sick. So "true fact" is a category error.

isn't the plural Octipi?

Answer:

A...

Some facts are untrue, namely the ones told by MSNBC.

isn't the plural Octipi?

Answer:

A...

Then they would not be "facts," right?

A fact (derived from the Latin factum, see below) is something that has really occurred or is actually the case. The usual test for a statement of fact is verifiability, that is whether it can be proven to correspond to experience. Standard reference works are often used to check facts. Scientific facts are verified by repeatable experiments.

isn't the plural Octipi?

Answer:

A...

Then they would not be "facts," right?

A fact (derived from the Latin factum, see below) is something that has really occurred or is actually the case. The usual test for a statement of fact is verifiability, that is whether it can be proven to correspond to experience. Standard reference works are often used to check facts. Scientific facts are verified by repeatable experiments.

Yes, I was just taking a dig at mainstream news outlets for calling falsehoods, facts.

There are untrue facts (facti, factoes, factuses) in novels. There are also true facts (facti, factoes, factuses) therein. Thus the use of untrue and true is justified. This is possible if the foundational matrix is false and necessary to keep a reader's bearings objective in the subjective swirl.

--Brant

context!

Yes, I was just taking a dig at mainstream news outlets for calling falsehoods, facts.

See, I forgot I was talking to the smart whipersnapper...my bad...

Oh no!!!

Brant has gone over the edge!

Nevermind...

There are untrue facts (facti, factoes, factuses) in novels. There are also true facts (facti, factoes, factuses) therein. Thus the use of untrue and true is justified. This is possible if the foundational matrix is false and necessary to keep a reader's bearings objective in the subjective swirl.

--Brant

context!

Matrix, you say?

bisociation1_zps956a66e7.jpg

The picture above is what finally convinced me that I'm a visual learner. Now if only my visual learning abilities would help me decipher what Brant just said...words are visuals, right?

See, I forgot I was talking to the smart whipersnapper...my bad...

Whippersnapper? Is that some kind of turtle tamer?

Whip those snappers into place!

snapping-turtle_zpsc7e9c69a.jpg

To figure out what I said simply recast it thusly (discarding the overt garbage): There are untrue facts in novels. There are also true facts in novels.

--Brant

hint: the untrue facts in novels are not facts (John Galt is tortured); the true facts in novels are facts (trains run on rails); and it is only in works of fiction--some claimed to be non-fiction (lies)--that we need to know the difference, BUT only morons don't know this and as for Brant's post if it's not in the Koran it's false and if it's in the Koran it's superfluous (as with all else on OL)

(hope this helps: now, go reread the original post if you have the time to waste [you must have for you've read this])

here's something original with me even I can't figure out: Asdih dli dfjeknek dkjek53nvndg slkjder eiugeht!

(there's a prise)

Lol I love that guy, the one on ducks really made me laugh!

"Kind of like Charlotte's Web but underwater."

Oh lawdy! I love his video on ducks. He pretty much gets stuck on the topic of the duck's penis!