25 High Brow Jokes

I don't know if I hadn't been introduced to decent theater and music how I would have turned out, so I do credit Rand - and not the dates who took me.

Art can inspire the soul. I staged-managed a fabulous Australian play based on Kineally's The Playmaker. Kineally wrote Shindler's List. The Playmaker didn't make it big in the US, but I managed its Boston premiere. It's the true story of a British penal colony in Australia that puts on a play. The play shows how the harened characteres are changed by doing the play.

• 9 months later...

5. An electron is driving down a motorway, and a policeman pulls him over. The policeman says: “Sir, do you realise you were travelling at 130km per hour?” The electron goes: “Oh great, now I’m lost.”

and

22. What does the “B” in Benoit B Mandelbrot stand for? Answer: Benoit B Mandelbrot.

Are my favorites by far. :laugh:

Goddamn it, I'm such a nerd...

• 2 years later...
On 5/4/2014 at 0:37 PM, SoAMadDeathWish said:

5. An electron is driving down a motorway, and a policeman pulls him over. The policeman says: “Sir, do you realise you were travelling at 130km per hour?” The electron goes: “Oh great, now I’m lost.”

and

22. What does the “B” in Benoit B Mandelbrot stand for? Answer: Benoit B Mandelbrot.

Are my favorites by far. :lol:

Goddamn it, I'm such a nerd...

In his autobiography, Mandelbrot did not add a circumflex to the "i" (i.e. "î") in his first name. He included "B" as a middle initial. The New York Times obituary stated that "he added the middle initial himself, though it does not stand for a middle name".[1] But other sources suggest that he intended his middle initial B. to recursively mean Benoit B. Mandelbrot, thereby including a fractal (his mathematical discovery) in his own name.[2][3]

extracted from the Wiki Article on Mandelbrot.   In short  the B  is a fractal embedding.