The Machine is Us/ing Us

I saw this thing when I first started studying Internet marketing. I liked it back then, but it confused me a bit because I wanted a simple explanation. But after all the hours I have put in, this is now a total delight. Now I know where the pieces fit and a little about xml, so the idea of divorcing form from content, then remashing them into new content+forms strikes me as one of the essences of Web 2.0. (Another is connecting people in different ways.)

The end has very serious philosophical implications about rethinking certain core concepts. There is no way to escape this and remain active in the 21st century.

This video is profound and cute. I believe it is entertaining even for those who are confused. It was for me when I first saw it.

Michael

The end has very serious philosophical implications about rethinking certain core concepts. There is no way to escape this and remain active in the 21st century.

This video is profound and cute. I believe it is entertaining even for those who are confused. It was for me when I first saw it.

Michael

Abstraction triumphs (yet again!). A similar thing happened to mathematics with the use of diagrams to illustrate categorical and functional structures. "Proofs" in Category Theory are often presented as diagrams.

It would be an interesting exercise to present XML as a mathematical category.

Ba'al Chatzaf