Benjamin Wiker's new book attacks Rand

I wanted the title to be "Benjamin Wiker's new book attacks Rand's magnum opus."

Anyhow, I've started listening to the audiobook version of it. The full title is 10 Books Every Conservative Must Read: Plus Four Not to Miss and One Impostor. The "Impostor" is Atlas Shrugged, of course.

One thing about the book so far: he's very clear to draw a bright line between classical liberals and conservatives.

I'm all for books attacking Ayn Rand. Unless your name is Fatty Arbuckle, no publicity is bad publicity.

--Brant

It'd be nice if the attacks were thoughtful rather than just rehashing, say, Whittaker Chambers.

The amazon preview lets you see 4-5 pages of the chapter on AS. It’s not promising, in fact it looks like dumb as dirt.

If anyone wished to demonise Ayn Rand, the most efficient way would be through biography. One can scarcely read about her personal life without, at some particularly ugly parts, wanting to dig her up and drive a stake through her heart (just to make sure), or if we are far holier, praying for morbidly tainted soul.

P.293

Edited by Ninth Doctor

• 1 month later...

This isn't even a critique of Rand. Its just stupidity...

I've noticed how Rand critics very rarely actually look at her ideas. Argumentum Ad Hominem is much easier than rational discussion.