EATING like a Bodybuilder - Rich Piana

jts

Different people have different problems. Something like a third of the adult population of USA an UK are obese. And some portion of those who are not obese are more than their ideal weight. Some people are morbidly obese with major scary health problems and have a very serious eating disorder that they seem to be unable to overcome.

Then there are people with the opposite problem. They have difficulty eating enough. These can be divided into the anorexics and the athletes.

Rich Piana says 6 to 10 solid food meals per day, no excuses.

Having tattoos like that is similar to wearing the same shirt every day. Gross. Why scar your skin? Certainly, there is a cultural tie to tattooing but it may also be a due to drug use, criminal activities, low self esteem, or IQ. I know the latest craze may have been started by rich Hollywood stars, but it has gone too far. Did you notice the different people at the Emmy's? That girl who stars on the HBO show Girls had a terrible tattoo on her shoulder that made her look like the moron she is.

• 2 years later...

I think this is funny. He ate until he almost puked and then 2 hours later he did it again. For him eating is a job. He doesn't want anyone talking to him while he is eating because he is focussed on eating.

3 hours ago, jts said:

I think this is funny. He ate until he almost puked and then 2 hours later he did it again. For him eating is a job. He doesn't want anyone talking to him while he is eating because he is focussed on eating.

Yucchhhhh!

On August 28, 2014 at 0:26 PM, Gary Fisher said:

Unless you're gonna train and do steroids like a bodybuilder, you shoud never eat like a bodybuilder.

Depends on how much body fat you want to have. Pro body builders, just before a competitive event are carrying a very low body fat  %...around 4%...not really healthy, but ripped. 10,000 calories a day, mainly protein, good fats & a modest amount of vegetables...is quite common for them. They also may consume 10,000 calories or more per day.

Now the guy in the video is not primarily concerned with body fat, but rather strength. Compared with the bodybuilder, he trains differently ...usually lower reps and higher pounds per exercise. Compared with the bodybuilder he eats way more carbs...hence the greater % of body fat. I'd estimate he's carrying about 15-18% body fat. I prefer to be around 10%...not really ripped but no beer belly or love handles.

P.S. Not all bodybuilding contests, especially the lower level ones, permit steroids...and they test entrants. 

3 hours ago, jts said:

Thanks for the video. Seems all my relatives (Italians) eat the same. lol

-Joe

• 6 months later...

Here Loren Lockman says the opposite of what Rich Piana and Brian Shaw say in earlier videos in this thread. Eat only as much as you need to eat. And improve your body's efficiency so it needs less. Eat no more than 3 meals a day. I think the contrast is entertaining.

• 11 months later...

Food and supplement fads have lessened longevity and happiness here on planet Earth??? Whenever I get a richy rich sweet tooth I buy my wife a Whitman's Sampler and then I eat all the ones with nuts because my wife doesn't like them. Am I not smart?