Objectivism subreddit

Bogomilist

The Objectivism community on Reddit seems to be really active: http://www.reddit.com/r/Objectivism

Welcome to OL. Why on earth do you call yourself Bogomilist? I can't imagine how it's a good thing.

There was a new thread on OO today on the same subject, were you the author? Seems odd that there’s this sudden push to get O’ists onto Reddit.

http://forum.objectivismonline.com/index.php?showtopic=22987&view=findpost&p=287520

I clicked your link, and what came up was garbage. I checked out a few items, everything I saw was inane. "Kira Peikoff (Leonard's smokin' hot daughter) is releasing a (fiction) novel..." with a link to her website. Oh brother.

The Objectivism community on Reddit seems to be really active: http://www.reddit.com/r/Objectivism

Welcome to OL. Why on earth do you call yourself Bogomilist? I can't imagine how it's a good thing.

There was a new thread on OO today on the same subject, were you the author? Seems odd that there’s this sudden push to get O’ists onto Reddit.

http://forum.objecti...ndpost&p=287520

I clicked your link, and what came up was garbage. I checked out a few items, everything I saw was inane. "Kira Peikoff (Leonard's smokin' hot daughter) is releasing a (fiction) novel..." with a link to her website. Oh brother.

Oh daughter. Smokin hot or not, her fiction novel on government over-interference in stem cell research should be easier to read than a nonfiction novel.

Oh daughter. Smokin hot or not, her fiction novel on government over-interference in stem cell research should be easier to read than a nonfiction novel.

Carol,

She just may be a good writer, but I won't rush for her novel. After your synopsis.

So much so-called Objectivist fiction is terribly derivative. Or, morally thematic to an extreme -I think only one author could get away with this. (Though I might be wrong; I have gaps in my classical reading.)

I like my heroes dimensional, perhaps somewhat flawed, and the theme less in-your-face.

It is putting one's own mind and imagination to work, that the better writers demand of one, I think - 'reading between the lines'- otherwise it could be a text book.

Carol,

She just may be a good writer, but I won't rush for her novel. After your synopsis.

So much so-called Objectivist fiction is terribly derivative. Or, morally thematic to an extreme -I think only one author could get away with this. (Though I might be wrong; I have gaps in my classical reading.)

I like my heroes dimensional, perhaps somewhat flawed, and the theme less in-your-face.

It is putting one's own mind and imagination to work, that the better writers demand of one, I think - 'reading between the lines'- otherwise it could be a text book.

Carol,

Tony,

The synopsis came from one of her fans - but I won't be rushing to read it either. I did read the opening, it is about a girl riding a bicycle and then falling off it, while her boyfriend from afar can see every small detail (apparently he has telescopic vision). Medical thrillers don't usually interest me much anyway.

You are right about the derivative. Do you indulge in the creative writing that gets posted on OOnline? Gruesome. There is a "short story" called Triumph over there - well, words fail me. The passive voice indeed has a lot to answer for.

Carol,

Carol,

Tony,

The synopsis came from one of her fans - but I won't be rushing to read it either. I did read the opening, it is about a girl riding a bicycle and then falling off it, while her boyfriend from afar can see every small detail (apparently he has telescopic vision). Medical thrillers don't usually interest me much anyway.

You are right about the derivative. Do you indulge in the creative writing that gets posted on OOnline? Gruesome. There is a "short story" called Triumph over there - well, words fail me. The passive voice indeed has a lot to answer for.

"One Small Passive Voice"? Perhaps I shall try to write such a story!