*Veterans Health Administration Update VA News Releases

Backlighting

By request my elaboration on the above:

I discount Bush's applause for reasons I won't mention or bother going into, but not Obama's lack of getting it. He doesn't deserve any.

--Brant

By request, my elaboration on the above:

When people sincerely applaud they pile it on. If they're sitting down to start, they'll get to their feet. It's feel good feel good. Also, I don't know how fresh those troops were. Front line or in the rear? I assume they were in Irag.

--Brant

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By request my elaboration on the above:

I discount Bush's applause for reasons I won't mention or bother going into, but not Obama's lack of getting it. He doesn't deserve any.

--Brant

By request, my elaboration on the above:

When people sincerely applaud they pile it on. If they're sitting down to start, they'll get to their feet. It's feel good feel good. Also, I don't know how fresh those troops were. Front line or in the rear? I assume they were in Irag.

--Brant

If Anwar is in that pesthole then yes.

Jan. 14, 2015. Applications Accepted for 2015 National Veterans Wheelchair Games

http://www.va.gov/opa/pressrel/pressrelease.cfm?id=2668

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure this should go here, however, I found it powerful. The masks at the top of the article can be scrolled.

mcnair.jpg

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/healing-soldiers/index.html?utm_source=NatGeocom&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=pom_20150125&utm_campaign=Content

A...

VA: Major restructuring will streamline services, set standard regional boundaries

http://www.stripes.com/va-major-restructuring-will-streamline-services-set-standard-regional-boundaries-1.325880

The V.A. is a complex maze & likely an operational nightmare. There's over 300,000 employees serving approximately 21 million veterans at approximately 1,000 facilities. My experience with them is generally good overall...no complaints here, but I also use Humana...depends on what's being done, who the doc is & the cost.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/30/us/department-of-veterans-affairs-fast-facts/

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.military.com/discounts/military-discounts-for-valentines-day.html?ESRC=discounts.nl

Valentine's Day
Military.com by Heather Sweeney

Valentine’s Day is that special time of year to remind your loved ones how much you care. But saying “I love you” in creative and romantic ways can get costly.

So this Valentine’s Day take advantage of some military discounts to help Cupid cut costs. (And remember not all military discounts are advertised, so make sure you ask wherever you go.)
Flowers

Flowers may be cliché and predictable, but there’re still one of the most popular gifts for Valentine’s Day. However, sending flowers to your Valentine isn’t cheap. Luckily, 1-800-Flowers and Teleflora can help you out with military discounts on their beautiful flower arrangements and other gifts.

Brant can send flowers to his favorite OL flames...

A...

NO FLAME THROWERS Brant!

smiley-on-fire.gif

Wounded Warriors Treated as 'Slackers' at Hood, Bliss and Brooke

Perhaps there is a linkage between these testimonial reports and the "numbers" game that was being played in order for managers to get their bonuses.

The documents quoted Dr. Stephen Saul, a psychiatrist hired to train staff at Fort Hood's WTU, as saying that many leaders at Fort Hood lacked an understanding of mental health issues and refused to believe that post-traumatic stress disorder was real.

Those suffering from PTSD were told to "man-up and move on," Stahl said. "The idea is that you're weak, you're cowardly, you're worthless, you're not strong and it's your fault."

The result was that those with PTSD would doubt the worth of the treatment prescribed, Stahl said.

"The same Army that's telling you you're a slacker or a dirt bag gives you treatment and medication. Are you going to take it?" he told Congress.

The time frame in question is 2009-2012.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2015/02/04/wounded-warriors-treated-as-slackers-at-hood-bliss-and-brooke.html?ESRC=dod.nl

Tax season is here again. And while filing for tax returns can be tricky for the average family, it can get even more complicated for military families.

Thankfully, military personnel and their families have access to a variety of tax preparation and filing services for free. Whether you choose to file taxes yourself online or you prefer some outside assistance from a trained professional, there are a variety of free options to choose from

http://www.military.com/discounts/free-tax-preparation-for-military.html?ESRC=discounts.nl

The War College chooses this specific time to release this "study" ... why?

"The vast majority of our senior leaders are men and women who have earned the special trust and confidence afforded them by the American people," Hagel wrote. "However, when senior leaders forfeit this trust through unprofessional, unethical or morally questionable behavior, their actions have an enormously negative effect on the profession."

Ah, like you Chuckie and the President? Or, is this the David Howell Petraeus rule?

Study: Soldiers of All Ranks Engage in 'Dishonesty and Deception'

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2015/02/20/study-soldiers-of-all-ranks-engage-in-dishonesty-and-deception.html?ESRC=dod.nl

A...

I too, lied in the army. I was undergoing paratrooper training (exactly 50 years ago next month) and I forgot to shave one morning. In formation the training NCO asked me if I had shaved. "I shaved last night, sergeant, like I always do." "Well, you're a man now. Shave in the morning." "Yes sergeant."

--Brant

close call (with honesty)--but it slid on by (if not for lies the military couldn't function, but there's an art to it, for instance, the Air Force has the most homosexuals percentage wise--and is the most tolerant of it historically--but no one ever talks about it; people think the most queers are in the Navy--not true, although I understand, according to Churchill trying to be funny, that the Brits really got it on [must have started in the stereotypical English boy's 19th C. boarding school (it's hormones)])

The popular "body count" of the Nam war by the NCOs and officers there might also be questioned. Outright lies or a mild exaggeration. Take your pick.

T.V. reported it almost nightly, if I remember correctly.

"We're winning the war" was the message, especially for the Commander-in-Chief & other supporters trying to justify that debacle.

-J

At least the weather & sea weren't as horrendous as it was with D-Day. That helped us with the landing.

-J

The Pacific War had two commanders only one of which was MacArthur. The Central Pacific Command was run by the navy and the costly campaigns to seize the likes of Tarawa and Iwo and Okinawa were not with any MacArthur input. Tarawa was a worthless clusterfuck of the first order. Okinawa was a brute force fight from the unopposed center to the heavily fortified extremities. Absent the surrender of Japan the United States was going to invade Japan proper. My Father was 35 in late 1944, almost blind in one eye and with four dependents--they were getting ready to draft him. While they would have used him administratively because of his high speed typing, Greg shorthand, and newspaper reporting skills--if not sheer brains (not needed--just some brains)--for the military it meant even the US was running out of manpower. Troops were going to be transferred from Europe.

The problem with just stopping fighting--one problem--was it would have left the wrong people in change of Japan, bullshitting themselves and the populace about why was what. Just blockading Japan would have caused mass starvation of millions and would have been cumulatively worse than the bombings. There simply shouldn't have been that war with Japan, not for the reasons it happened.

--Brant

. There simply shouldn't have been that war with Japan, not for the reasons it happened.

This I would like to hear more about.

A...

The war the US wanted was the war the US got. "US" refers to the Roosevelt Administration.

--Brant

A cryptic reply?