THE DONALD TRUMP SHOW BEGINS AT 9 PM TONIGHT EST

Selene

I, unfortunately, do not have a cable subscription.  I missed the tour du france this year (and last) and I'll miss this debate

We don't either... and listened to it on the radio. :smile:

Greg

Very important. 

How did it, objectively, come across to you both. 

Please do not run it through your semantic filter Greg.

Its impossible for me to be objective as I'm a subjective being.

I find Trump to be a trmendously entertaining personality much like President Camacho in the movie "Idiocracy".

attachment.php?attachmentid=45114&d=1394

In my subjective opinion Trump is a third party Trojan Horse for the Clintons.

He's just way too effing cozy with them.

Greg

Got that part.

Now hearing it on the radio, who, in your opinion made the better arguments on a particular issue?

Just from "hearing" their arguments.

A...

Got that part.

Now hearing it on the radio, who, in your opinion made the better arguments on a particular issue?

Just from "hearing" their arguments.

A...

On the radio Carly Fiorina positively nailed foreign policy in the first debate. :smile:

But don't get me wrong... I like what Trump said as well as how he said it. Political incorrectness goes a long way with me. So if Trump doesn't self destruct or help the Clintons by betraying Americans with a third party run, it might be fun to see how he'd do as President.

Living by American values frees the quality of my life from dependence on who happens to be President, so all of this is just entertainment. :smile:

Greg

On the radio Carly Fiorina positively nailed foreign policy in the first debate. :smile:

But don't get me wrong... I like what Trump said as well as how he said it. Political incorrectness goes a long way with me. So if Trump doesn't self destruct or help the Clintons by betraying Americans with a third party run, it might be fun to see how he'd do as President.

Living by American values frees the quality of my life from dependence on who happens to be President, so all of this is just entertainment. :smile:

Greg

Fair enough.

However, with Trump as the leader, he can fill his cabinet and agency heads with folks who know what to do as they dismantle this Juggernaut.

Secondly, I was heavily involved with the Perot effort and saw how and why it broke down.

Trump could get elected by a third party and the electoral map would be very interesting.

That map would be heavily influenced by the VP selection

A...

Biggest loser tonight was Evita.

Biggest winner Dr. Carson wins the Gold.

Walker, Kasitch and Huckaabee tie for the Silver

Cruz, Christie and Rubio tie for the Bronze

Honorable mentions Jeb the Bashful and Trump

Sadly the biggest loser was Rand Paul - he was distracted and apparently thinking that making birdlike movements of his arms at the start of every time he spoke and totally blowing it with Trump so badly that I felt sorry for him.

A...

Watched the debate on youtube this afternoon. I put a plus next to a name if the candidate said something particularly striking I liked, a minus if something I particularly didn't like.

Final score:

Carson: +10

Rubio: +6

Cruz: +5

Trump, Bush, Huckabee: +4

Walker, Christie: +3

Rand, Kasich: net 0

I can't see Trump making it. Fiorina/Carson for the win...

Greg

Fair enough.

However, with Trump as the leader, he can fill his cabinet and agency heads with folks who know what to do as they dismantle this Juggernaut.

Secondly, I was heavily involved with the Perot effort and saw how and why it broke down.

Trump could get elected by a third party and the electoral map would be very interesting.

That map would be heavily influenced by the VP selection

A...

Cabinet. :smile:

That's what I saw on that stage for both of the debates... some highly competent cabinet members regardless of which Republican is the President.

I personally don't believe that anyone has the power to downsize the the government because so many millions of people are so heavily dependent on it.

A far more likely possibility is self destruction. I actually think that's better because then there is no one to blame for firing employees when the government can't cut all of those 200,000,000 checks every month.

If the catastrophe could just be large enough... then it's no one's fault! :laugh:

Greg

Is Trump trying to screw up the Republicans so the Democrats win next year?

--Brant

the Brant wants to know

I also believe that could be a possibility... a third party Clinton Trojan Horse to split the Conservative vote... but I don't know yet for sure. It's going to be really entertaining to see what happens. :smile:

As far as I know, Trump has yet to register as a candidate.

Greg

Greg

What do you mean by "register?"

What do you mean by "register?"

Yeah, I wonder too. We know Trump filed the necessary 'official' registration paperwork with the FEC back in late June.

It might be that Trump has not yet showed a lot of advance work for getting on the primary ballots in the first states that vote (and there are probably some arcane caucus rules I am unaware of). In the last primary election round in 2011/12, wasn't Gingrich one of a couple otherwise well-prepared candidates who failed to jump some paperwork, signatures, filing hoops? If I remember correctly, Gingrich -- and maybe Perry -- weren't able to fulfill all the qualifications in time in at least one state.

I am sure a serious candidate has put in motion the multi-state plans to make sure he is on the primary or caucus ballots. Mind you, the first caucus is ... some time from now. Who is keeping track of all that minutia, I have no idea.

I figure the Jays will pass the Yankees for first somewhere around Sept 15th

Well you took the first game. Well played game.

We need to take one game in this three game set and we will be ok.

An ex Met knuckleballer'!

We always have fits with knuckleballers.

Baltimore even brought in Hoyt Wilhelm in game 154 at there park to keep Maris from tying the Babe...

A...

My usual complaint. I am even getting tired of hearing myself yak, so let me think of some backhanded compliments. Yahoo has a story today that Trump MAY eventually put his intended policies down in something other than invisible or vanishing ink. Up to now, I think we are being hoodwinked and worked up by a professional . . . huckster? Trump is the greatest Carney of all time. Bigger than Barnum and Bailey. Bring out Jumbo the elephant and that little dwarf, Peter Dinkus from Game of Thrones. Break a leg, Trump. We want to be entertained. What appeals to me about his amateur campaign is its early 1900’s appeal. The great orator. Peace in our time. The deal maker. America first. And he always has 50 ways to leave his lover. (has anybody watched The Simon and Garfunkel Central Park Concert on PBS? Now that's a show.)

Trump has given one press conference and one debate. But he Tweets out a hell of a lot. That causes waves . . . tomorrow the tide shifts . . . and we have vindication! Hooray for our guy! . . . But the tide shifts and . . . Oh no, Trump said that? What a fool I was! But wait! Here are some quotes from his book The Art of the Deal.

Is this the way America wants to be informed? Not me. When Trump finally publishes what he will specifically do (something other than in a tweet) it will be scrutinized, and then we will have evidence of bad philosophy and potential failure . . . and disgust at being duped . . . but who knows? Who knows? No body knows. I think it is way too soon to be supporting Donald Trump.

My usual complaint. I am even getting tired of hearing myself yak, so let me think of some backhanded compliments. Yahoo has a story today that Trump MAY eventually put his intended policies down in something other than invisible or vanishing ink. Up to now, I think we are being hoodwinked and worked up by a professional . . . huckster? Trump is the greatest Carney of all time. Bigger than Barnum and Bailey. Bring out Jumbo the elephant and that little dwarf, Peter Dinkus from Game of Thrones. Break a leg, Trump. We want to be entertained. What appeals to me about his amateur campaign is its early 1900’s appeal. The great orator. Peace in our time. The deal maker. America first. And he always has 50 ways to leave his lover. (has anybody watched The Simon and Garfunkel Central Park Concert on PBS? Now that's a show.)

Trump has given one press conference and one debate. But he Tweets out a hell of a lot. That causes waves . . . tomorrow the tide shifts . . . and we have vindication! Hooray for our guy! . . . But the tide shifts and . . . Oh no, Trump said that? What a fool I was! But wait! Here are some quotes from his book The Art of the Deal.

Is this the way America wants to be informed? Not me. When Trump finally publishes what he will specifically do (something other than in a tweet) it will be scrutinized, and then we will have evidence of bad philosophy and potential failure . . . and disgust at being duped . . . but who knows? Who knows? No body knows. I think it is way too soon to be supporting Donald Trump.

Peter:

You are clearly at your time of the month and have blood coming out of your brain, or, wherever, and you are making no sense.

Since you said, in another non sequitur, that you write prescriptions, might I suggest Xanex...

Apparently, you want a Mitt Romney, don't say anything bad about the poor President running for re-election, or, John McCain who did gag Sarah Palin with his consultant driven ignorance.

I do not.

We need to drag these people out of office.

Allegedly, In Sicily, when corrupt judges were being corrupt, some "Boston Tea Party" types dragged them out into the street and knee capped them.

They stopped being as corrupt after that lesson.

You keep donating to their campaigns...

And Trump is a fool?

Hmmm

A...

Peter, you are engaged beyond your ability--or most anyone's ability--to infect with truth and righteousness this political situation, but your passion shows. Trump is going to do what he wants to do and he controls that with his pocketbook and his mouth. One can be entertained or appalled wondering about the brain behind it all. Every candidate is capable, one way or another--this includes Rand Paul--of badly damaging the economy or getting the country, balls front or ass backwards, into a really big war--even super big war. Trump might make a terrible President, but for that he cannot trump Hillary, whom he is helping so far. So far, too, however, the overall effect of his candidacy is positive for the political roiling tossing all the bullshit up and out exposing it for what it is and from whom. By "whom" I don't mean any from him whatever it is from him.

--Brant

My my - here is a well known reporter, who happens to be a woman, who comments:

Ears, nose or wherever — are women so in need of male protection that we can’t take a remark that may (or may not) rip into our delicate sensibilities?

Please.

Well put. Equality? Only when the fair lady got caught with her cycling in full display.

When judging Trump, I would suggest we all man up. Look at his record of hiring, and firing, females. I’ve not heard of him called out for underpaying, overworking, failing to promote or laying hands on women in his employ.

http://nypost.com/2015/08/09/trumps-haters-need-to-man-up-and-deal/

In her quest to play “gotcha” with Trump, Kelly hit him with having told Brande Roderick, a former Playboy Playmate and contestant on his show “Celebrity Apprentice,” that it would be “a pretty picture to see her on her knees.”

“Does that sound to you like the temperament of a man we should elect as president?” Kelly asked.

Broderick — who, like Trump, said she didn’t remember the remark — sounded like an adult on MSNBC. “I don’t condone men being derogatory, but I think he’s just on television. He’s trying to be funny. He didn’t mean anything horrible by it.”

Love him or loathe him, Donald Trump is shaking up the political landscape with his brand of straight talk, unfiltered by political correctness or a politician’s need to take an opinion poll before taking a position. It’s contagious.

The bottom line is that Kelly is way out of her league, whether that league is bi-sexual or not.

A...

". . . whatever . . ." said Brant.

I am impatiently waiting for some new polls. I agree that up to now, it seems as if Trump is helping Hillary. If he does lose the first three or four primaries he will not be able to shut up. I remember Nader got three percent (was in when Kerry or Gore was running against Bush?) and that made all the difference. I fear that inequity might happen in Hillarys favor.

Adam wrote: You are clearly at your time of the month and have blood coming out of your brain, or, wherever, and you are making no sense. end quote

My *stream of conscious* style was an attempt to duplicate the methods used by Trump. And you were just doing the same thing, you Loser! Oh, yeah? Im a loser? Youre a loser. NO. . . If I babble again I will disguise it as a Tweet.

This is Bret Baier reporting in Atlantic City. Trump is setting up the big top for his circus . . . so please, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. Tomorrow the next Miss Crustacean Contest will be held but the contestants wont need to bring one article of clothing. "Bathing suits wont be needed" said, Donald Trump. "All contestants will appear in the nude." What do you think of that, Megan?

My my - here is a well known reporter, who happens to be a woman, who comments:

Adam,

Dayaamm!

I just wrote an analysis of the theme of that piece on the Trump thread (see here).

You're quick.

:smile:

Michael

I saw that Michael, did not get a chance to say the same to you.

Back at you...http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/11793848/Free-bleeding-This-woman-ran-the-London-Marathon-on-her-period-without-a-tampon.html

kiran3_3403139b.jpg

Ghandi, a Harvard MBA and former drummer for singer M.I.A, has recently written about this on her blog and shared photographs, in a bid to highlight the plight of women around the world who don’t have access to sanitary products and hide their periods.

Ghandi, 26, said while she was running, one person who made a ‘disgusted’ face and told her she had started her period in a "subdued voice".

On her blog, she wrote about the taboo and stigma behind periods: “By establishing a norm of period-shaming, [male-preferring] societies effectively prevent the ability to bond over an experience that 50% of us in the human population share monthly.

kiran_3403140b.jpg

She took a Midol, watch they will strip her of her medallion for doping!!

A...