we ALL pay 15% social security

RagJohn

Self employed people know very well that THEY pay 15 % Ss. People who work for others, however, are often misinformed,deliberately so. Let's say that, magically, SS is done-away-with. You, as a boss, have to be able to show a PROFIT on each worker that you have, after ALL expenses related to that worker have been paid. Let's say that I work for you for $10 an hour, (declared wage). You REALLY have to pay about $12 an hour, because you have to kick in for unemployment, workman's comp, and social security. Now, after ss is done away with, you THINK that you can just KEEP that "extra" $2 an hour of MY money? Wrong, your competitor will offer me $12 an hour, because it's no more than he was paying when SS was still in effect. I quit working for you. So it IS ALL YOUR MONEY that goes into the SS pile. NONE of it is coming out of your employer. That is simply a lie, and SS is thus an income tax, a HORRIBLE extra 15% that is taken from you, literally at the point of a gun. If you don't believe me, TRY not paying it, and then TRY resisting the cops when they come to lock you up for nonpayment of your taxes. You'll quickly learn how "voluntary" our tax system REALLY is. Cops will kill you over a parking ticket, if that ticket results in a warrant for your arrest, and you actively resist that arrest. Never doubt this, because it's easily proven to be so!

Edited by RagJohn