The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword - The Courage Of Cartoonists! Vive Le Pen!!

Selene

Some of these are brilliant...

http://twistedsifter.com/2015/01/artists-respond-to-charlie-hebdo-attack-with-art/

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

charlie-hebdo-comics-response-3.jpg

B6wFfiaIcAAIgpA.jpg

comics-in-memory-of-charlie-hebdo-21.jpg

B60DJFPIAAAugD1.jpg

comics-in-memory-of-charlie-hebdo-3.jpg?

There were 2 really good ones that ran into that extension block...

A...

The Four Horsemen, Tone Deaf White Priviledge Secretary of State, White Priviledge V.P., Racist Attorney General and their Leader...

B7HIMfsIAAAFLnf.jpg

French President Francois Hollande gave a televised speech today urging his people to act with “vigilance and unity” following the Charlie Hebdo terror attacks, reports Euro News. The French “will not give in to fear and we are capable of defending ourselves against threats,” he says. The Guardian quotes him as saying that “we a free nation that does not give in. We carry an ideal that is greater than us.” On another note, Hollande says that the terror suspects (two of whom were killed in a police raid today) “have nothing do with the Muslim religion.”

I need to see the text of that speech because this quote may be totally out of context.

However, the phrase “have nothing do with the Muslim religion.”

That statement would be insane.

A...

Essentially almost everybody is fighting a war on terrorism--or wants to--instead of the cause of this sort of terrorism. Therefore, I expect a great lack of success. Since Islam rejects pluralism Islam itself must be addressed. Islam, not "radical Islam"; Islam is radical Islam--today, whatever it was prior. Muslims need to go back to their roots, however, to find a way to re-create a religion not needing or using violence. In the meantime, Muslim countries that sanction and encourage this violence must be encouraged to change their ways. There are myriad ways to do this. The context is self defense. If war was justified in 2003, the wrong country was invaded. Saudi Arabia should have been, not Iraq--except it wasn't justified. All the US had to do back then was tell Saudi Arabia subsidizing its religion abroad was to stop or it would be stopped. But it wasn't a war against terrorism, it was for oil. It was also to honor the stupidity and vanity of the American ruling class. The take down of Afghanistan in 2001 was to cheaply and quickly pay back for 9/11. After that, what did the US stick around for? Hubris.

--Brant

Essentially almost everybody is fighting a war on terrorism--or wants to--instead of the cause of this sort of terrorism. Therefore, I expect a great lack of success. Since Islam rejects pluralism Islam itself must be addressed. Islam, not "radical Islam"; Islam is radical Islam--today, whatever it was prior. Muslims need to go back to their roots, however, to find a way to re-create a religion not needing or using violence. In the meantime, Muslim countries that sanction and encourage this violence must be encouraged to change their ways. There are myriad ways to do this. The context is self defense. If war was justified in 2003, the wrong country was invaded. Saudi Arabia should have been, not Iraq--except it wasn't justified. All the US had to do back then was tell Saudi Arabia subsidizing its religion abroad was to stop or it would be stopped. But it wasn't a war against terrorism, it was for oil. It was also to honor the stupidity and vanity of the American ruling class. The take down of Afghanistan in 2001 was to cheaply and quickly pay back for 9/11. After that, what did the US stick around for? Hubris.

--Brant

Don't hold your breath until all that happens. If you do you will turn blue and faint.

Don't hold your breath until all that happens. If you do you will turn blue and faint.

I don't know Bob...the thought of you imagining a blue-balled Brant is quite troubling...

I don't know Bob...the thought of you imagining a blue-balled Brant is quite troubling...

That happened to me once. I didn't understand it so I went to the emergency room.

--Brant

wrong room