THE TOP 10 SIGNS YOU WILL PROBABLY BECOME AN OBJECTIVIST

caroljane

**NOT**

This list was rejected by the Letterman show because of the evil Marxist bias of the media.

1. You're unable to grasp concepts firmly because you have a weak grip -

can't even open JARS.

2. You think the Law of Identity is the reason Cousin Eugene is serving six years at Coleman.

3. You have a recurring dream in which Atlas shrugs, and the world just slides off his shoulders and sails away into space.

4. When told to check your premises, you run home in a panic, because Cousin Eugene's former friends know where you live.

5. You can't rationally convince your family that they don't understand you.

6. No #6 - submission lacked sufficient cognitive content.

7. You revere Mozart.

8. Nobody will agree to debate philosophy with you, except Cousin Eugene.

9. For you, A is Eh

because

10. You're Canadian.

Edited by daunce lynam

Carol:

I can see why you did not post this under humor!

Number one is funny...

Adam

**NOT**

This list was rejected by the Letterman show because of the evil Marxist bias of the media.

1. You're unable to grasp concepts firmly because you have a weak grip -

can't even open JARS.

2. You think the Law of Identity is the reason Cousin Eugene is serving six years at Coleman.

3. You have a recurring dream in which Atlas shrugs, and the world just slides off his shoulders and sails away into space.

4. When told to check your premises, you run home in a panic, because Cousin Eugene's former friends know where you live.

5. You can't rationally convince your family that they don't understand you.

6. No #6 - submission lacked sufficient cognitive content.

7. You revere Mozart.

8. Nobody will agree to debate philosophy with you, except Cousin Eugene.

9. For you, A is Eh

because

10. You're Canadian.

Rich Engle, eat your heart out.

They were all good except maybe 8. Number 4 was the best. Notice that Rich Engle has not posted since this thread.

BS thread

Post Number 5

today at 6:49 AM

: Rich Engle user_popup.png

They were all good except maybe 8. Number 4 was the best. Notice that Rich Engle has not posted since this thread.

BS thread

Post Number 5

Sorry but I don't get it about Rich Engle. Is this a Phil Coates type of thing? I've only been here a month remember. Would RE take exception to something on the list? I like him- he's a musician who goes to church!

And what's weak about#8? If your only chance to talk philosophy is with your incarcerated cousin who spent 4 years in grade 12--it mightfrustrateyourintellectual

fervour.

Not that I'm touchy or anything. Just glad of the constructive criticism.

Edited by daunce lynam

Carol:

I have no clue as to the Rich Engle statements by Ted Keer either, I was just trying to keep the record correct. I feel like a blind man at a darts tournament.

I feel an occasional pain by a misplayed dart, but I do not know why I am bleeding or where the place of origination was.

Adam

Carol:

I have no clue as to the Rich Engle statements by Ted Keer either, I was just trying to keep the record correct. I feel like a blind man at a darts tournament.

I feel an occasional pain by a misplayed dart, but I do not know why I am bleeding or where the place of origination was.

Adam

Poor you, you feel the pain of the darts. Some of us are blessedly oblivious.

Rich tries to be funny. This thread actually was funny. Not all that complicated, really.

Doesn't surprise me at all that Engle is posting on the "BS" thread.

Ted:

Interesting.

And I thing Engle is hilarious.

I think he goes way beyond the pale at times, but if you do not reach for the stars...well you understand what I mean. Skating on the edge is risky. Some of your stuff is damn edgy also, and, damn funny.

Adam

Edited by Selene

Rich tries to be funny. This thread actually was funny. Not all that complicated, really.

Ted:

Interesting.

I think he goes way beyond the pale at times, but if you do not reach for the stars...well you understand what I mean. Skating on the edge is risky. Some of your stuff is damn edgy also, and, damn funny.

Adam

Guys, funny is when somebody laughs. You know that humour is as individual as the People who are joking or laughing. Ive looked up rde and he is as Adam says, hilariously on the edge, he writes from his own perspective and comedic style, which (though he might deny this) is more cerebral and in an entirely different tradition from mine, if I have one. I tend to low comedy, though this being an intellectual site and all I have striven for higher, and stay primly within the edges.

Ted:

Interesting.

Adam

I didn't say that Rich wasn't funny, just that he tries so hard.

Ok Ted, that clears your comments up for me.

Carol and primness...hmmm

Ok Ted, that clears your comments up for me.

Carol and primness...hmmm

You forgot to mention my Respectability!

Doth the lady protest too much?

• 9 months later...

BS thread

Post Number 5

Sorry but I don't get it about Rich Engle. Is this a Phil Coates type of thing? I've only been here a month remember. Would RE take exception to something on the list? I like him- he's a musician who goes to church!

And what's weak about#8? If your only chance to talk philosophy is with your incarcerated cousin who spent 4 years in grade 12--it mightfrustrateyourintellectual

fervour.

Not that I'm touchy or anything. Just glad of the constructive criticism.

I am resurrecting this because I have just spent a long time in Search, looking for another thread which I remembered by title, and it never came up. This did so I thought y'all might like to know that Eugene will be home soon.He is not exactly getting out but he is being transferred to a Canadian institution where we can visit him. He is sad about leaving his new friends at Coleman especially Conrad Black who is the only other person in North America who would discuss Ayn Rand with him. Conrad told Eug that his wife Barbara was a lot like Ayn Rand only prettier. Eugene looked at photos and agreed. He thought for himself. We are all proud of him.

I have just spent a long time in Search, looking for another thread which I remembered by title, and it never came up.

Why not tell all of us helpful OLers what that title is?