Christmas fun...

moralist

My wife and went to the beach and collected small pieces of driftwood, and she could make Christmas Angels out of them. Besides the driftwood, the rest of the materials used were:

cut up firewood logs, wooden sticks, wooden balls, feathers, Christmas present wrapping trimmings, and copper wire scraps.

IMG_7653_zps8fc99aaa.jpg

I even made one too... :wink:

IMG_7652_zps47746315.jpg

Greg

The driftwood looks a bit odd, paired with the artificial portions of the angels, but they are certainly a conversation piece. I looked at your personal information and saw you are from the city of Lost Angels. Here it was 26 at the beach when I arose but now at 9:53am it has risen to a whopping 33 degrees. We used to make our own wreaths from our two closest holly trees and one year I climbed a tree to retrieve mistletoe.

The driftwood looks a bit odd, paired with the artificial portions of the angels, but they are certainly a conversation piece. I looked at your personal information and saw you are from the city of Lost Angels. Here it was 26 at the beach when I arose but now at 9:53am it has risen to a whopping 33 degrees. We used to make our own wreaths from our two closest holly trees and one year I climbed a tree to retrieve mistletoe.

They're kind of strange to be sure, but that's half the fun of making stuff out of whatever is at hand.And while I enjoy whimsical humor...

IMG_7645_zps41a35310.jpghttp://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b90/compost_bin/Smilies/IMG_7645_zps41a35310.jpg]

...it's actually a pretty accurate expression of how I feel inside.

Greg

Do you guys do square foot gardening?

We have a greenhouse, working on a separate distilling system and seriouslly consideritng a talapia tank.

You would probably have liked Jerome Tuccille* who worked on creating "trout tanks" on the roofs of NY City apartment houses to provide the protein requirements for the complex.

A libertarian urban anarchist concept.

A...

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerome_Tuccille

Jerome Tuccille is an American writer and activist usually associated with the libertarian movement of American politics. Tuccille was referred to as "everybody's favorite right-wing anarchist," by one reviewer[citation needed]. "Tuccille was the Free Libertarian Party of New York's 1974 gubernatorial candidate. He garnered publicity by sending a blonde in a body suit riding through Central Park on a horse named Taxpayer."[1]

He is the author of more than twenty books, including It Usually Begins With Ayn Rand (ISBN 978-0930073251). His other books include the first biography of Donald Trump,[2] as well as biographies of Rupert Murdoch, Alan Greenspan, and the Hunts of Texas. Tuccille has also written several novels and a memoir entitled HERETIC: Confessions of an ex-Catholic Rebel (ASIN B0038M3DF6).

Good man.

The late '60s and early '70s were the years where we were accumulating a political "critical mass."

Unfortunately, the self destruction collapse of NBI and the confusion that spread through the Libertarian movement proved to be fatal.

We lost an opportunity to maximize a wave.

So be it, now we begin again.

In 1972, Jerome Tuccille published It Usually Begins With Ayn Rand, his memoir of the libertarian movement in the late 1960s and early 1970s. Palling around with the likes of economist Murray Rothbard, former Goldwater speechwriter Karl Hess, and others, Tuccille sought to fashion a left-right coalition between elements of the New Left and and the Old Right.

It Usually Begins with Ayn Rand is at once whimsical and moving, poignant and penetrating in its insights about political movements and personal failures. Re-released in a new and expanded edition last year, it remains required reading for anyone interested in the libertarian movement-or the American political scene of the past 40 years.

http://reason.com/reasontv/2008/07/07/jerome-tuccille

Do you guys do square foot gardening?

We have a greenhouse, working on a separate distilling system and seriouslly consideritng a talapia tank.

No. Although I've seen videos of some amazingly creative symbiotic plant/fish systems. We do regular gardening as the growing season is long here, although we've transitioned into more of an orchard operation with fruit and nut trees as they yield more food with less labor.

Greg

although we've transitioned into more of an orchard operation with fruit and nut trees as they yield more food with less labor.

Understood.

The reason that I asked about the square foot gardening is that, it appears that there are wooden rectangular forms through the "Angels" in the window...with plants in them...

Good man.

The late '60s and early '70s were the years where we were accumulating a political "critical mass."

Unfortunately, the self destruction collapse of NBI and the confusion that spread through the Libertarian movement proved to be fatal.

We lost an opportunity to maximize a wave.

So be it, now we begin again.

Whenever you take autonomous independent individual action in your own self interest, it's irrelevant if there's a movement or not, because no one can stop you. The failure of a movement can be traced to its dependence upon collective action.

A group is vulnerable to control... but not an individual. So success can only be realized when individuals take the same course of action... but not because others are doing it.

Greg

although we've transitioned into more of an orchard operation with fruit and nut trees as they yield more food with less labor.

Understood.

The reason that I asked about the square foot gardening is that, it appears that there are wooden rectangular forms through the "Angels" in the window...with plants in them...

What appears to be large wooden forms in the distance are actually small window boxes for spring flowers. :wink:

Greg

A group is vulnerable to control... but not an individual. So success can only be realized when individuals take the same course of action... but not because others are doing it.

Precisely.

"We" still missed an opportunity at that historical/social/philosophical nexus...

Precisely.

"We" still missed an opportunity at that historical/social/philosophical nexus...

It doesn't matter as long as you didn't miss it. :wink:

Greg

31jqQ9zinWL._AA160_.jpg

Combat Sniper Toy Gun Rifle With Rotating Bullets by HAMMOND MANUFACTURE

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=kids+sniper+rifle&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=31913209770&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=s&hvrand=4695802072133456538&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_6o5se3ahi_b

My daughter understands that she has complete control of the assaulter/molester/rapist. She was comfortably trained to make the decision and pull the trigger and eliminate the rapist.

• 2 weeks later...

After re-looking at the angel, it reminds me of Peppermint Patty from the "Charley Brown" series. We recently bought a wreath from a local dealer and it is on the door, and we have "led" battery operated candles in eight windows. They come on when it is dark and are supposed to last for thousands of hours.

After re-looking at the angel, it reminds me of Peppermint Patty from the "Charley Brown" series. We recently bought a wreath from a local dealer and it is on the door, and we have "led" battery operated candles in eight windows. They come on when it is dark and are supposed to last for thousands of hours.

Oooh... you caught on to the source of the influence, Peter! :smile:

I draw horribly and so am limited to choose things that are within my limited capabilities. And a "Peanuts" face is the most simple way I know how to portray joy. That angel is on a spring so that when you pull on it and let it go, the feathers move all around and the head swings freely. (made it for my Granddaughter)

LED's are truly an amazing discovery. We put up strings of multicolored LED Christmas lights outside every year, and they use so little energy we just let them run day and night.

Greg