Vegan Gains, controversial body builder

jts

Vegan Gains, as he calls himself, has a youtube channel and he ruffles the feathers of meat eating body builders. Many bodybuilders and fitness gurus posted videos about what they think of him. One said he has contempt for vegans. He is both controversial and entertaining. Whether he is informative I leave for you all to judge. He bashes all (it seems) the gurus in the fitness industry, using a moderate amount of cuss language.. Probably not the best way to make friends.

Vegan Gains youtube channel

Lots of entertainment. Maybe even information. Best start with the oldest and go to most recent. The videos are short. Even if you skip lots, there are enough videos to keep you entertained for a long time.

• 1 year later...

This video should be banned for the protection of the dairy industry.

Not only Dr. Barnard but also Dr. McDougall bashes the dairy industry. And Howard Lyman, the 4th generation rancher who refuses to eat meat, says dairy is the worst thing. John H. Tobe wrote a book bashing milk. There is a whole big website devoted to bashing milk, notmilk. What the 773H do these guys have against milk?

Dr. Alan Goldhamer lists 5 forbidden ingredients that tend to get you into "the pleasure trap". One of them is dairy. If you count the fat and the salt, dairy is 3 of them. I add 2 more to Goldhamer's list, bringing the total to 7, and cheese may be more than 3 of them.

Dr. McDougall says dairy is probably the most difficult food to give up when transitioning to a better diet. The great Dr. Shelton himself seemed to be addicted to dairy. Someone who knew Shelton personally said Shelton ate dairy and felt guilty about it.

But dairy seems to be a somewhat controversial subject. Dr. Norman Walker went almost full vegan except for a little goat cheese. Mahatma Gandhi tried vegan but ended up allowing himself to eat cheese.

I used to eat cheese and I couldn't figure out whether it was an addiction or a nutritional need. Then I did a 22 day fast in 2012 (air and distilled water and sleep and nothing else for 22 days). Anyone who knows anything about fasting knows that fasting tends to break or at least weaken addictions. After that fast, I found I didn't need cheese and I've been off cheese ever since.

Listen to Dr. Neal Barnard at your own risk. You have been warned. If you listen to this video to the end, you have no one to blame but yourself.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Want to feel better about yourself? I just received a brochure from Arcadia Solar Power. If I opt in I can get my power from the same source, Delmarva Power, and get 5 percent off my utility bill. I will think about it. I guess they sell their solar power to the people who own the power lines. It sounds a bit complicated.

Substitutes for red meat? Yum Yum! Or Yum Ugh? I wonder. If it looks like hamburger, tastes like hamburger, and is sold from the grocery store, would I buy it? Maybe. I am not one for killing animals unless it is ‘NEEDED’ but this is another one I will need to think about. We mostly raise chickens for slaughter here on Delmarva. Peter

Huffington Post. An Indian-American scientist-led team has developed contamination-free meat from animal cells in a laboratory that could be harvested in 9 to 21 days, a new technique that could help in stopping large scale slaughtering of animals globally. Hoping to go in for large scale commercialization by selling meat grown from animal cells in the next few years, Uma S Valeti said the popularity of such meats would help stop large scale killing of animals. The meat grown by his team in the laboratory does not carry the health side effects like bacterial contamination, or high saturated fat or the big environmental issues that come along with it, he said.

For developing this unique variety of meat without killing an animal, the Andhra-origin doctor said they took identified cells from the targeted animal that are capable of renewing themselves. These cells are then provided with oxygen and nutrients such as sugars and minerals, Valeti said. They already had test runs for beef meat. While the first manufacturing base is to be set up in the US, Dr Valeti said, he is also exploring the possibility to establish a manufacturing foot print in India and China, as there are already some interest from there.

Valeti, a cardiologist who trained at the Mayo Clinic, is associate professor of medicine at the University of Minnesota and president of the Twin Cities American Heart Association. He founded Memphis Meats with Nicholas Genovese, a stem cell biologist, and Will Clem, a biomedical engineer who owns a chain of barbeque restaurants in Memphis, Tennessee.

The meat thus can be harvested between nine and 21 days, he said. Valeti, who recently received venture capital, said that they are working on beef, pork and chicken as these are the three meats that have highest consumption and also have the highest environmental and health impact. end quote

Is it a slow day or is it just me? Let me pump you up! There. Now I can put this on the bodybuilder thread. Good for us? From the w.w.w. Unusually warm temperatures above Antarctica this month caused the ozone hole to shrink to its smallest size on record according to NOAA scientists. Also from a difference source, Ozone Hole Shrinks to Record Low. This ozone layer prevents ultraviolet light from reaching Earth's surface — a good thing, given that UV light causes sunburn and skin cancer. Ever since the early 1980s, though, a hole in this layer has developed over Antarctica during September to November, decreasing ozone concentration by as much as 70 percent. end quote

I like that animation video (from Disney?) that shows dinosaurs looking up as a large comet or asteroid streaks past to land in the ocean, hundreds of miles away.

But was it acid rain after the strike that killed Dino off? From Fox News. New study says acid rain wiped out the dinosaurs. New information on the massive asteroid that hit Earth millions of years ago, leading to the extinction of the dinosaurs. end quote

So what will kill humans off? Canned tomatoes! Luke! Go towards the glass container.

From the w.w.w. The problem: The resin linings of tin cans contain bisphenol-A (BPA), a synthetic estrogen that has been linked to ailments ranging from reproductive problems to heart disease, diabetes, and obesity. Studies show that the BPA in most people's bodies exceeds the amount that suppresses sperm production or causes chromosomal damage to the eggs of animals. "You can get 50 micrograms of BPA per liter out of a tomato can, and that's a level that is going to impact people, particularly the young," says Frederick vom Saal, PhD, professor of biological sciences, University of Missouri at Columbia. "I won't go near canned tomatoes." The solution: To avoid negative BPA health effects, choose tomatoes in glass bottles (which do not need resin linings).