reverse pneumonia in 3 hours with megadoses of vitamin C

jts

This is another one on the theme of reversing disease by overdosing on nutrition. A common theme in disease reversing stories. We need more than the maintenance amount to reverse a disease.

I'm not trying to prove anything by this video. It's just something to think about. I have doubts about megadoses of vitamin C. Many years ago I bought a whole bunch of packages of flavored vitamin C and ate it like candy. All it did for me was an upset stomach and the shits and nothing else.

But there are cases where the body needs extra vitamin C.

Intravenous V-C as an adjunct to surgery to prevent heart attack, stroke and lung embolism should be used but commonly isn't. Oral C is helpful prior to surgery and as soon as the patient is permitted to ingest liguids and solids after. Infections reveal an acute need for C, but, absent such, commonly used day by day relatively modest doses are best. If I were hospitalized with a drug resistant infection like MERSA, I'd scream my lungs off for intravenous C.

--Brant

Why did Linus Pauling die? His does there the most mega of all.

I first read about Vit C back in the 80's. Dr. Linus Pauling promoted it's use.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linus_Pauling

If what said about magical vitamin C were true he should still be alive.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Ba'al Chatzaf

lol

But 93 isn't exactly a pre-mature death

Ba'al Chatzaf

That is a ridiculously silly statement. You are insinuating that vitamin C is said to be the only factor in health and longevity, ignoring other vitamins, minerals, amino acids, fatty acids, phytochemicals, excercise, sleep, sunshine, fresh air, food combining, fasting, emotions, genetics, epigenetics, avoiding poisons, etc. I think you are pretending to be stupid.

Why did Linus Pauling die? His does there the most mega of all.

When his own researcher found mega C promoted cancer he seized and destroyed the data. His institute lost a subsequent lawsuit by Dr. Arthur Robinson, the researcher. The effects of C on Pauling's health is problematical. Bob, you keep jumping into things you've not a wit about saying philosophy is worthless and double-blind peer reviewed studies are needed or it's garbage, not science. Well, in that case, stay completely away from modern medicine, because it's as much art as science. The human animal is so complex and individuals so different, double-blind studies will never drive art out of medicine. Just slices of time--age--can change results in diagnosis, treatment, therapy--in one person. While a conservative approach is generally desireable respecting new treatments, that same approach can result in patient death for it can take 10 years before doctors get it into their collective heads something better is available. But if you ever need general anasthesia and the surgeon won't hook you up to C in your IV drip, be sure you take some orally before and after so your brain isn't degraded by mini-strokes, a major risk for the elderly. I've seen this happen with friends and relatives. It didn't happen with my father because I multi-vitamined him up by mixing them in with a milkshake. He had several operations. The doctor will say to stop all vitamins. He'll say vitamin E will interfer with his use of a blood thiner--it won't.

--Brant

My understanding is that one of the benefits of Vitamin C is that regular use will stimulate one's immune system.

I've taken it regularly (a few grams daily) since the 80's and really don't recall having a cold more than a couple of times throughout the years.

This is the form of it I use:

-J

http://www.nutri.com/index.cfm/product/3_6/c-salts-8-oz.cfm

About Linus Pauling's idea of taking huge doses of vitamin C.

It seems that when ascorbic acid gets used it changes to dehydroascorbic acid. With the help of certain flavonoids in fruits and veggies it can be changed back to ascorbic acid. In this way vitamin C can be recycled and maybe a little can go a long way and maybe we don't need Pauling's megadoses and maybe in this way we can get the benefits of high doses without the negatives.

On the other hand if you need a large amount of vitamin C in a hurry as for example after a concussion causing brain damage, you better take some vitamin C. The brain can heal itself but it uses large amounts of vitamin C to do so and when the vitamin C runs out the healing stops and the damage can become permanent.

About Linus Pauling's idea of taking huge doses of vitamin C.

It seems that when ascorbic acid gets used it changes to dehydroascorbic acid. With the help of certain flavonoids in fruits and veggies it can be changed back to ascorbic acid. In this way vitamin C can be recycled and maybe a little can go a long way and maybe we don't need Pauling's megadoses and maybe in this way we can get the benefits of high doses without the negatives.

On the other hand if you need a large amount of vitamin C in a hurry as for example after a concussion causing brain damage, you better take some vitamin C. The brain can heal itself but it uses large amounts of vitamin C to do so and when the vitamin C runs out the healing stops and the damage can become permanent.

No brain has ever healed itself of a -massive- subdural haematoma. The blood has to be let out.

No brain has ever healed itself of a -massive- anurysm or the stroke it induces.

No brain has ever healed itself of a -massive- cerebral hemora.

He's talking about a concussion, Bob. I have no idea if C helps heal a concussion, however. First I've heard of that. Something needs to be done about concussive sports injuries, though, especially in American football. That's becoming a revealed nightmare.

--Brant

He's talking about a concussion, Bob. I have no idea if C helps heal a concussion, however. First I've heard of that. Something needs to be done about concussive sports injuries, though, especially in American football. That's becoming a revealed nightmare.

--Brant

Solution: better helmets or convert to touch football.