Defamation on Solo

David,

Thanks for the explication (next above).

My feeling about Doug's current postings is that he's reverted to pre-O'ism-contact ways of acting. For instance, there was a stretch when he was very polite to, even deferential to, Leonid, whom he's now castigating as a "lemming." Seems to me that Doug has gotten the steam up over some current news stories and has become impatient with O'ists not heeding his BEWARE message.

That's just an impression based on a small sample of Doug's posts from an old thread on which I was posting as contrasted to now. Prior to that "Rand and Darwin" thread, or whatever its exact title was, Doug had posted a lot of stuff which I never read, so I'm only seeing a couple slices of the history.

Ellen

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David, Thanks for the explication (next above). My feeling about Doug's current postings is that he's reverted to pre-O'ism-contact ways of acting. For instance, there was a stretch when he was very polite to, even deferential to, Leonid, whom he's now castigating as a "lemming." Seems to me that Doug has gotten the steam up over some current news stories and has become impatient with O'ists not heeding his BEWARE message. That's just an impression based on a small sample of Doug's posts from an old thread on which I was posting as contrasted to now. Prior to that "Rand and Darwin" thread, or whatever its exact title was, Doug had posted a lot of stuff which I never read, so I'm only seeing a couple slices of the history. Ellen

Ellen, thanks for the background here..I think I know some of the places D has come from and it is interesting to know that any of those people would become interested in Osites per se.. reason is not their strong suit.

PS Had a chance to read Mmarch yet? I have had a bad Trollope binge recent;y, I am getting worse.

Carol

By way of analogy, it takes roughly five years to become a black belt in karate in most traditional systems. That assumes about 5 hours of training per week, on average, and another hour or two of self-study. A black belt, contrary to conventional wisdom, merely signifies mastery of the fundamentals, or basics. Mastery of the subtleties takes many more years.

Objectivism is far more demanding than most forms of karate. And, as most martial artists have learned at one point or another, the most dangerous person in the dojo is the person who thinks he is a black belt and is not.

Doug yells a lot but he ain't no black belt.

Objectivism is reason applied to reality. Objectivism, the philosophy of Ayn Rand, is another kettle of fish. If you wish to master that, good luck; even Leonard Peikoff fell short. Nathaniel Branden came the closest.

--Brant

PS Had a chance to read Mmarch yet?
I read the first few chapters of MMarch a couple months ago, but haven't had time to get further. I'm hoping I'll have the chance to snuggle up and concentrate on reading the whole thing in January or February. Ellen