Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone.

Much love,

Michael & Kat

(I think that was the shortest post I ever made. :smile: )

Short but sweet...and effective.

Merry Xmas :)

To all my pals at Objectivist Living, my very best wishes for the New Year.

I'll add a Feliz Navidad, a Joyeux Noel, a Happy Christmas, with the same sentiment. May this day be peaceful, orderly, objectively kind and sweet. May you enjoy the good fortune that comes from love and diligence and honesty.

Always come back, too. It is good to see you still feisting and truthing away despite the scanning of cats and docs. As a. Discharged veteran of double digit scans and tests I can only say, thank St Thomas I live here,

yes, I checked out your excellent contributions to the same old same old Perigan grudge holding after the sad loss of NB.Honestly, the guy has done nothing but repeat himself since before he shrunk Solo to its current insignificance. Isn't,t it time to call the taxidermist?

When I received an email MM telling me he was pulling out from Solop I was pretty shocked. Damnyteian? near turned me christian!

steady on....Are you sure you didn't, almost turn Scottish? Were you almost turning Papist or good solid Presbyter or a Wee Free or something heathenish? Ye had a lucky escape, beware they sudden shocks in future!

I just saw this this morning and I found it to be beautiful...

How many of you vets spent Christmas in the service?

A...

Nice find Adam.

Spent a Xmas in the military stationed in Yokohama. As I remember, not much public display for the holiday.

Received a box from my parents containing some genoa salami & pepperoni. Heaven...considering I had been living on the typical Japanese menu of fish, octopus, noodles & rice. Sent a box containing gifts (local handicrafts) back home...it never arrived. Our beloved post office said it was "lost", aka stolen.

-Joe

Nice find Adam.

Spent a Xmas in the military stationed in Yokohama. As I remember, not much public display for the holiday.

Received a box from my parents containing some genoa salami & pepperoni. Heaven...considering I had been living on the typical Japanese menu of fish, octopus, noodles & rice. Sent a box containing gifts (local handicrafts) back home...it never arrived. Our beloved post office said it was "lost", aka stolen.

-Joe

Thanks.

If you follow the one I posted at the end it gives you the story behind their filming of the video. All of the proceeds of that chocolate bar sales goes to the Royal British Legion.

Some of the most creative works are in advertising, as they always have been. I include propaganda in advertising.

A...

Anybody hear anything about how Seattle finished the season? :cool:

Seattle's tally was 12W 4L. Clinched Division and Home Field

My pick, Denver posted the same W/L. & Clinched Division and Bye

Seattle's tally was 12W 4L. Clinched Division and Home Field

My pick, Denver posted the same W/L. & Clinched Division and Bye

Lol...I was just tweaking you. I followed them, the Eaglets and of course the only NY team left in the state - Buffalo.

Unfortunately, I also had to suffer with my Giants, at least Beckam made it incredibly enjoyable. I have never seen a receiver like him in all my years of watching this great game.

And, God help them, the Jets.

Now I have to suffer with the Knicks...we get no rest from incompetent mediocrity.

Speaking of incompetent, Mayor DeComio got booed at the graduation ceremony for 884 new racist police officers who will be turned out into the "darkie" communities to arbitrarily gun down black people.

What an ass.

A...

I think we may meet again in the big bowl lol

lol I was tweaking you back.

I've been suffering with the Lakers.

Yeah, however you have championships within the last four (4) decades.

A...

I watched the Knicks on TV during their championships. Remember the Willis Reed limp-on and the two immediate up and in jump shots he hit? The Garden went nuts.

--Brant

Sure do, I was in Section 430, Blues, center court.

When Willis limped out, the entire Laker team, Wilt, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor and their entire team stopped to watch Willis take his warm ups.

Frazier played one of the greatest games I have ever seen in a clutch situation., I think 35 pts, 19 assists, a0 rebounds and several steals.

A...

Willis Reed coming out made the entire team click with that wild crowd going ape-shit. I think he sat out most of the game.

--Brant

Walt Frazier typically studied how the other team was playing and then struck in the fourth quarter, usually with steals--devastating, but I don't think he waited this time, but the one Knicks player I most enjoyed, later on, was Earl the Pearl Monroe and watch out for the Phil Jackson flying elbows! (and when he coached he liked to complain about how rough the other team was playing--ha! ha!)

Actually, the "missing piece" was the acquisition of Dave Debuscher, my idol, I have a signed Open Man.

Bill Bradley, who became Senator from the State of NJ was the WS [small forward]. Jack Marin, the WS forward for Baltimore was an Ayn Rand follower. Their battles were legendary.

Dick Barnet is now a professor, he was the "shooting guard." That team was one of the smartest teams ever assembled and they had the perfect coach, Red Holtzman.

For those who never saw that seventh game, here it is:

A...

Well well lookey what I found:

It was during his years with Baltimore that Marin's path crossed that of another politician-to-be, Bill Bradley, the small forward with the New York Knicks.

For four consecutive seasons (1969 through 1972), the Knicks and the Bullets met in the N.B.A. playoffs, with the Knicks, then at the height of their prowess, emerging on top all but once. The individual matchups were distinctive: Willis Reed against Wes Unseld, Dave DeBusschere and Bradley against Gus Johnson and Marin, Walt Frazier and Dick Barnett against Kevin Loughery and Earl Monroe. (Monroe was traded to New York in 1972.)

''The several series against New York were probably the highlights of my career,'' Marin said. ''There was something at that point in the game that was intellectual as well as physical.''

Playing against Bradley - whose game, like Marin's, was one of perpetual motion and calculation - was especially tough. ''Bill was as tenacious as anybody I've ever played against,'' Marin said. ''He pushed and shoved and held a lot, but I suppose I did the same to him. It was a very, very intense matchup, probably the most intense of my career.''

Bradley, a Democrat and now a United States Senator from New Jersey, also recalls the Knick-Bullet rivalry of that era as ''extremely evenly matched.'' Of Marin, he said: ''Jack is a very good competitor, a hard worker. Some of our game was similar, so in the course of the playoffs we got to know each other very well.''

So well, according to Marin, that the two had occasion to discuss their divergent political views off the court. Or, as Marin recalls, he expressed his views while Bradley carefully veiled his own. Bradley said he remembers no such conversations. ''We were mainly battling to gain a half-foot advantage,'' he said, alluding to their matchup on the basketball court.

After the 1972 season, and a playoff loss to the Knicks, the Bullets traded Marin to Houston for Elvin Hayes. A year later, Marin was playing for the Buffalo Braves and met another athlete with political aspirations: Jack Kemp, the quarterback of the Buffalo Bills.

Unlike Bradley, Kemp had an outlook similar to Marin's. ''He had a very strong philosophical interest and bias toward the freeenterprise system and the free-market economy,'' Kemp said, ''and we just came out of the mutual background of pro sports and just struck it off.'' The two have remained friends since; Kemp, a nationally known Congressman from upstate New York, has already visited North Carolina once to campaign for Marin and says he may return to do so again in October. Studied Law at Duke

http://www.nytimes.com/1982/09/28/sports/marin-tests-wits-in-political-arena.html