Pearl Harbor Mismanagement

• 2 weeks later...

Nice find Adam.

Every time I have visited Pearl Harbor I have easily envisioned what happened there. Sobering.

The ships were trapped in that small harbor.

-J

Nice find Adam.

Every time I have visited Pearl Harbor I have easily envisioned what happened there. Sobering.

The ships were trapped in that small harbor.

-J

Like fish in a barrel. By the way one of the military exercises done by the U.S. was a proposed attack on Pearl Harbor. The hypothetical attack was very much like the real one. Yamamoto got his inspiration from the British Attack on the Italian Fleet at Taranto. The U.S. navy did not properly estimate that attack because they did not think of airpower as an attack arm. They regard air power primarily as reconn.

Everyday thousands of old guys and gals die. The past only matters to to those who lived it. Let the present generations make and live through their own horrors and perpetuate the human race if they can. A billion pages of unread first hand experience of the past and hard earned knowledge matters not at all. Mankind was born and will die on this rock, end of story. Let the entitlements flow and the games begin...