Why is modern art so bad?

moralist

2 minutes ago, atlashead said:

Art is created from INTENTION which objectivly exists.  For simplicity's sake we'll say the subject is like a perpetual motion machine, choose the wrong one (an immoral one) & you will become a hater of your life-losing the will to create.

The only intentions that anyone can vouch for or know are one's own intentions.  The intentions of others (if they exist) are only to be guessed at.  Thoughts are private, intentions are private. 

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, BaalChatzaf said:

The only intentions that anyone can vouch for or know are one's own intentions.  The intentions of others (if they exist) are only to be guessed at.  Thoughts are private, intentions are private. 

Obviously, but humans can understand symbols

10 minutes ago, atlashead said:

Obviously, but humans can understand symbols

An external symbol might be part of a deception.  It has no necessary connection with an internal mental state.

I believe taking Rand's belief to the extreme; every component of a word, every brushstroke, every note, & every brick is a projection of the metaphysical beliefs of the creator.  In order to create correct, good art; one must never use it to try to get someone to do something, or to tell a lie.  It's true, if u respect someone & create a piece to please them, because that pleases you, it will be good.

when you create somethig in your own image, the John Galts of the world can say "yes, that is you." which is a mutally beneficial realization.  I think friendship is at the heart of art, that and self-actualization.  It (good art) makes you think & feel.

edit 2: it's objective & private what u think & feel.

40 minutes ago, atlashead said:

I believe taking Rand's belief to the extreme; every component of a word, every brushstroke, every note, & every brick is a projection of the metaphysical beliefs of the creator.  In order to create correct, good art; one must never use it to try to get someone to do something, or to tell a lie.  It's true, if u respect someone & create a piece to please them, because that pleases you, it will be good.

when you create somethig in your own image, the John Galts of the world can say "yes, that is you." which is a mutally beneficial realization.  I think friendship is at the heart of art, that and self-actualization.  It (good art) makes you think & feel.

edit 2: it's objective & private what u think & feel.

What is the artist's hands shake  or he suffers from some kind of palsy???