Legally manufacture unserialized firearms in the comfort of your own home

Does it degrade significantly over intermediate time?

--Brant

Not that I've ever seen. It's good to store it in a cool dry place.

I'm shooting 6 year old stuff right now and it's working just fine.

Greg

According to Rick Patterson, Managing Director of SAAMI, “In fact as long as your ammunition is stored at normal room temperatures with low humidity, it can function reliably for decades.”

http://www.gunsandammo.com/ammo/how-to-store-ammo/

Joe

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it degrade significantly over intermediate time?

--Brant

Not that I've ever seen. It's good to store it in a cool dry place.

I'm shooting 6 year old stuff right now and it's working just fine.

Greg

According to Rick Patterson, Managing Director of SAAMI, “In fact as long as your ammunition is stored at normal room temperatures with low humidity, it can function reliably for decades.”

http://www.gunsandammo.com/ammo/how-to-store-ammo/

Joe

Glad to hear that from an expert, Joe. :smile:

I'm just a casual recreational shooter now so my experience with old ammo is limited. My weapons training was courtesy of the Army where I fired M16's full auto, M79 grenade launchers, and M60 machine guns.

Greg

I'm just a casual recreational shooter now so my experience with old ammo is limited. My weapons training was courtesy of the Army where I fired M16's full auto, M79 grenade launchers, and M60 machine guns.

Greg

Hey! I did too! Plus some others too many to list

--Brant

Greg

--Brant

The rest were "above the paygrade" for a chopper mechanic.. :wink:

Greg

Greg

--Brant

The rest were "above the paygrade" for a chopper mechanic.. :wink:

Greg

It sounds like cross-training for a door-gunner position with the M-60.

--Brant

"Hey, Greg!--wanna go for a ride?"

• 10 months later...

Brilliant! The gas directed upwards creates a downward force that compensates for the recoil. Did nobody else think of this? Is there a downside? Can you use it with higher caliber pistols? Perhaps the effect is unneeded and barely perceptible with a .22. Do you have a patent? [of course you do!]. Can I tell people I know you?

[brilliant and insane are not mutually exclusive, perhaps the contrary...]

[do you need a different hole diameter for each bullet weight and charge?]

Mike writes:

Did nobody else think of this?

Oh, yes! :laugh:

This is hardly an original idea. There are literally hundreds of muzzle devices in a wide variety of designs being sold. The main difference is that mine is extremely short and compact and only for .22lr rifles and pistols.

1206-01-o+flash-suppressors-muzzle-brake

all_brakes-900x645.jpg

In this lower picture the single muzzle brake (M4-77) laying down in front in comparative head to head testing performed FAR superior to ALL of the other brakes there. NONE of them came close.

Greg

Way too much credit, Mike! :laugh:

In competition 22 caliber speed shooting matches, the ability to quickly make accurate follow up shots is vital. So all of the competitors use a muzzle device of one kind or another.

Here's the guy competing and winning with my prototype...

I enjoy inventing as a hobby just for the fun of it. I also came up with an improved version of a water conserving toilet sink...

IMG_0256_zpsrasflxnt.jpg

IMG_0255_zpsfdvudev9.jpg

That's fresh water you can use to wash your hands. Then it goes into the tank where it's used in the next flush, so you get to use the water twice. For us, the same water gets used three times... once to wash our hands... then again to flush the toilet... and then a third time after it runs through the waste water treatment plant to water our fruit trees.

The water hyacinths in the treatment plant are doing much better since we switched to eco-friendly Charlie's Soap. It doesn't burn the roots like regular laundry detergent did.

IMG_0264_zpsz3r2emqi.jpg

And yes... this is our septic tank. :wink:

Greg