This One's for George--Galt's Gulch sorta

In 1969 I blew out the electrical in a small town's town hall. Everything went dark. While is was an accident--honest--it makes me wonder if this approach could work for something bigger, something on the state or even federal level?

One day the Sun may do that for you...

Greg

In 1969 I blew out the electrical in a small town's town hall. Everything went dark. While is was an accident--honest--it makes me wonder if this approach could work for something bigger, something on the state or even federal level?

One day the Sun may do that for you...

Greg

The sun will do that to the inner solar system eventually, but complex life will have died off billions of years before that, maybe in only 100 million years, as the sun gradually and inevitably gets hotter.

--Brant

feel the heat

Yeah, Jules, I was referring to this...

August 31st, 2012

Magnificent_CME_Erupts_on_the_Sun_-_Augu

... the Earth dodged the bullet that time as it just happened to be aimed in another direction. If that one came at the North America side of the Earth...

...it's "Hello 1800's" in one nanosecond.

Greg

They hadn't much to lose back then...

...but today it's a whole new ballgame.

There is this huge fragile electronic house of cards with millions of weak dependent narcissists inside it, who'd die if their GPS went dead and they couldn't tweet anyone about it.

Greg

Greg's moral formulations work well enough for his dealings with other people--that is, I take his word for it. It doesn't matter how much it can be sliced and diced for that's words and he doesn't appear to be living under a bridge (like I am).

One can achieve more sophistication about these sorts of things by recognizing everything has a price, even where and when actual fraud does not exist and be aware of the price in your choices. The biggest price is the time of your life. If you marry Sue instead of Sally--so much for Sally. And if Sally marries Jim instead of you, so much for you.

--Brant

"The biggest price is the time of your life."

Brant--you are the Seneca of OL. I often benefit from your pithy insights.

Thanks. Now I'm ego driven to go read Seneca (the elder or the younger or the both?).

--Brant

thanks, thanks a lot

Brant:

Seneca the Younger is the Seneca we all think of when we think of Seneca. Take a look at his essay "On the Shortness of Life." I think you can find it free online. Your quote reminded me of the themes of that essay.

And, you're welcome.

• 11 months later...

In the interest of consolidating information on this thread from other sides so interested readers can decide things for themselves, here is an article from a couple of days ago by Jeff Berwick:

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly on Galt's Gulch Chile

I have found a terrific and quite up-to-date e-book that takes on the schmozzle of Galt's Gulch Chile. It is called The Creature from Galt's Gulch, was authored by Terrence Gillespie, and weighs in at a mere 170 pages. It gets deep into the complicated scam and its supposedly psychopathic chief scammer. Here's the cover:

creature_Gulch.png

Wolf -- I think you will be very much engaged by the chapters dealing with law.

From the introductory pages:

As Promised by investor Lt. Col. Thomas Baker the forensic reconstruction of all that has transpired with regard to Galt’s Gulch Chile from its inception to June, 2015 is complete. The reconstruction was put together by Thomas Baker, Cathy Cuthbert and Josh Kirley. I’ll be adding more pieces of that reconstruction to this e-book as documents become available. See Appendix C for the resulting criminal charges filed on May 20, 2015 against Kenneth Dale Johnson and Pamela Del Real in Chile.

Edited by william.scherk