Why Nobody Takes PARC Seriously Anymore

Michael Stuart Kelly

Jennifer Burns considers herself personally entitled to condemn PARC in terms as harsh as any that have ever been used around here.

But then she considers herself entitled to use reactions to the book and its author by PARC's critics as grounds for writing them off in their turn.

In effect, only Dr. Burns is permitted to criticize Mr. Valliant or his opus. No one else outside of Randland can be bothered, while everyone inside of Randland is damned if they do and damned if they don't.

That's a typically uppity Paleo Objectivist for you.

J

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The cards" don't "stay the same" when I play poker and I never have to sweat. Why? The cards up my sleeve.

--Brant

the more you know about me the less you want to know and the more you want to forget what you do know, so forget that I cheat at cards

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Shoshana Milgram, who is (or was), the authorized biographer of Rand appeared 7/29 on the Strive Face Book group (Strive is an ARI-associated student group).

The recording isn't up yet.  She did discuss PARC starting at 1 hour.  Unfortunately I got booted off when I (perhaps foolishly) mentioned that people should read my rebuttal.

Hopefully the full recording will be up soon.