Ferguson - The Collision of Two Mentalities

• 2 months later...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we ditch the hat, I am sure all the progressive racists would love it, until they found out where this sculpture was placed in the US.

An unplugged nickel to the first correct answer...

lrg-tulsa-2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Is it a pair of pliers' sculpture?

Will "IT" (the assault on our senses) end with the exit of our current President? What are we experiencing on the nightly news? Policemens lawlessness when dealing with black America, or is it a Rebellion on the part of blacks? Or is it the portrayal illustrated by criminal enterprises that were always happening but not exposed, minorities under closer scrutiny, camera phones, and the use of dashboard and body cams? Violence and death, night after night, add up to a narrative of yadda yadda, America is a bad place.

A local city near where I live, may finally get body cams to be worn at all times when patrolling. I personally think this will result in better policing, fewer lawsuits and the furthering of truth, justice and the American Way.

Is it a pair of pliers' sculpture?

Nope, and there have been no other guesses.

Sad that no one seems to know what, and where, this is.

Sad?!?

Looks like there are three faces to that scuplture.  Meaning if you rotate it 120 degrees you would see another part.  Maybe if you showed the other two parts...

Good observation.

You are correct. 

If we ditch the hat, I am sure all the progressive racists would love it, until they found out where this sculpture was placed in the US.

An unplugged nickel to the first correct answer...

It is a sculpture by Ed Dwight, found in the John Hope Franklin Reconciliation Park in the Greenwood district of Tulsa, Oklahoma. The three sides are named Humuliation, Hope, and Hostility. It looks like the Humiliation statue was inspired by this photo (click photo for story from Al Jazeera America):

image.adapt.990.high.tulsa_riots_surrend

Adam, your cryptic comment is hard to deconstruct. I am not sure what you mean by ditching the hat. Let say I am a progressive, and that I harbour racism. Why would it matter to me the progressive racist once I know where the sculpture was place? How would a racist progressive be expected to react?

It is in Tulsa. It is by a black sculptor. It commemorates the Tulsa Race Riot of 1921.

Now that we have a few facts down, now that we now know what, and where, what is your underlying point, please Adam?

Edited by william.scherk

Oologah, Oklahoma?

It is in Oklahoma...

OK William got it.

As to your cryptic comment...

Let's see, where have I seen a black man standing with his hands in the air recently...hmmm

in-photos-wednesdays-ferguson-protests-b

I am sure you can understand that part now.

As to the rest, what is reconciliation square all about?

A...

OK William got it.

As to [your MY] cryptic comment...

Let's see, where have I seen a black man standing with his hands in the air recently...hmmm

This is like pulling teeth -- are we supposed to read your freaking mind? You make a parallel to Ferguson and Hands Up, Don't Shoot. That's as far as I can get without you making clear what your cryptic comments mean. I can guess, but I would likely guess wrongly. I don't understand why you cannot take a few paragraphs to spell out what the freaking lesson is.

Is that too much to ask? You have the floor.

I am sure you can understand that part now.

Honestly, I can't. I wish you would articulate your message and remove the thickets. What are you trying to say -- without the fan-dance, please?

As to the rest, what is reconciliation square all about?

That is American history. Not my strong suit. I invite you to click the link above and learn what you can from the website. I am only paid to do Brant's homework/research at the moment, not yours.

Edited by william.scherk

That is American history. Not my strong suit. I invite you to click the link above and learn what you can from the website. I am only paid to do Brant's homework/research, not yours.

Whoever pays you it's not me.

--Tom Sawyer