Let The Circle Of Life Revolve...PETA Lunatic Gets JustIce...

PETA is possibly one of the most misguided and downright annoying organizations on planet Earth...

I was tempted to put this is humor, but the seriousness of what emerged from this jerk's intrusive misguided morality prevented my from placing it in that forum...

cat_eating_mouse

“Mouthhsss? No, I didn’th thee any mouthsss...”

A friendly tip to all you animal nuts out there, from the Centers for Disease Control:

"Taking a mouse out of a cat's mouth is probably not a good idea."

A 50-something animal nut in Bend, OR saw a stray cat with a mouse in its mouth. The mouse was still alive, so PaPa PETA decides to rescue the little mammal from the big one. In the ensuing melee, the guy gets bitten by either the cat, the mouse or both.

Now...he’s got the plague.

The man, who lives in rural Crook County, was bitten Saturday, June 2. He developed a fever a few days later. By Friday, June 8, he was so sick that he checked himself into St. Charles Medical Center-Redmond..."Taking a mouse out of a cat's mouth is probably not a good idea," Dr. DeBess said.

An animal lover will help an injured dog, or a cat stuck in a tree.  But only a nut—the kind of nut who, say, thinks cats should not be allowed out of their homes unleashed—tries to stop the circle of life by taking a mouse out of a cat’s mouth.

==================================================

It is truly not nice to fool with Mother Nature...

PETA is possibly one of the most misguided and downright annoying organizations on planet Earth...

I was tempted to put this is humor, but the seriousness of what emerged from this jerk's intrusive misguided morality prevented my from placing it in that forum...

cat_eating_mouse_thumb.jpg

“Mouthhsss? No, I didn’th thee any mouthsss...”

A friendly tip to all you animal nuts out there, from the Centers for Disease Control:

"Taking a mouse out of a cat's mouth is probably not a good idea."

A 50-something animal nut in Bend, OR saw a stray cat with a mouse in its mouth. The mouse was still alive, so PaPa PETA decides to rescue the little mammal from the big one. In the ensuing melee, the guy gets bitten by either the cat, the mouse or both.

Now...he’s got the plague.

The man, who lives in rural Crook County, was bitten Saturday, June 2. He developed a fever a few days later. By Friday, June 8, he was so sick that he checked himself into St. Charles Medical Center-Redmond..."Taking a mouse out of a cat's mouth is probably not a good idea," Dr. DeBess said.

An animal lover will help an injured dog, or a cat stuck in a tree. But only a nut—the kind of nut who, say, thinks cats should not be allowed out of their homes unleashed—tries to stop the circle of life by taking a mouse out of a cat’s mouth.

==================================================

It is truly not nice to fool with Mother Nature...

I and my schadenfreude rejoice!

Ba'al Chatzaf

I don't think Xray would try to remove a mouse from a cat's mouth.

--Brant

she might have a memorial service for the mouse

Brant:

I would hope that she would not, but I am looking forward to, and, interested in, her answer!

Adam

I don't think Xray would try to remove a mouse from a cat's mouth.

I would hope that she would not, but I am looking forward to, and, interested in, her answer!

Brant is correct in his assumption. I don't think I would try to do that.

The mice I have seen in cats' mouths (quite a few since I grew up in a household with outdoor cats), all were (as far as I recall) already dead though, so I can't definitely say how I would react with a mouse still alive and twitching in agony in the cat's mouth.

Since our mirror neurons react strongly to the suffering of a helpless creature, the man's impulse to end the mouse's suffering is understandable, although it is not rational. Aside from the danger of contaminating oneself, a mouse which has ended up in a cat's mouth is mostly already so severely injured that even if one succeeded in removing it from the mouth, it would in all probability still die soon afterward.

Where does it say that this man was a member of PETA?

I don’t think it’s part of PETA’s ideology to say we should protect animals from each other, only that humans should not harm animals.

This guy ought to be nominated for a Darwin Award, however.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_Awards

"It is truly not nice to fool with Mother Nature ..."

But as for fooling Mother Nature, humans have been quite successful. For example, by inventing the birth control pill, which has made it possible to disconnect the sexual act from its natural consequence, producing offspring.