Traveling to Memorial Event for Barbara

Traveling to Memorial Event for Barbara

I will be traveling from Saturday (March 1) to Tuesday (March 4). I will be attending a memorial event for Barbara in LA organized by The Atlas Society. Kat wants to go, too, but there is too much life in the way. We just can't make that happen right now, so I will be going for the both of us.

In Memory of Barbara Branden

The Atlas Society

Sunday, March 2, 2014 from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM (PST)

Los Angeles, CA

I will not be around too much here on OL during this time. I'm taking a Chromebook with me, so I will be able to read and make short comments, if needed.

Just knowing I am going is terribly saddening. It makes Barbara's passing real to me in a manner I prefer to not think about.

How I miss her...

MIchael

Michael, I'm glad you were able to go. I thought I recognized you in the background of the photo of David Kelley speaking to the memorial guests. It was a nice thing to see on Barbara's Facebook page this evening -- though I'd give anything for it not to be a reality.

Becky and I wanted to attend, too, but we just couldn't afford the travel costs and missing work. So, we are reduced to thinking sad, loving thoughts about her and knowing that many others feel the same way.

Best,

REB

Joe,

Nathaniel was there. He was supposed to sit in front, but only wanted to sit in back. As he arrived with Leigh near speeches time and left quickly at the end, many people thought he did not come at all. Me too for a while. I might have missed seeing them, but I did have a cool talk with their assistant, Vivian. And it appears I missed Devers by a few seconds. That's a shame because I haven't met her yet and someday I would like to.

I'm returning home tomorrow, so I'll write this up. David Kelley offered to give me an audio of the speeches and asked if I wanted to post it on OL. Of course I agreed. I also took a few pictures I will share.

Michael

Joe,

Nathaniel was there. He was supposed to sit in front, but only wanted to sit in back. As he arrived with Leigh near speeches time and left quickly at the end, many people thought he did not come at all. Me too for a while. I might have missed seeing them, but I did have a cool talk with their assistant, Vivian. And it appears I missed Devers by a few seconds. That's a shame because I haven't met her yet and someday I would like to.

I'm returning home tomorrow, so I'll write this up. David Kelley offered to give me an audio of the speeches and asked if I wanted to post it on OL. Of course I agreed. I also took a few pictures I will share.

Michael

Thanks Michael

I'm happy to know he was in good enough health to attend.

-Joe

I just got back home, but I'm tired.

I'll share some stuff tomorrow.

Michael

Glad to have you back, safe and sound.

I had some boys from NY City keep tabs on Barantheon just to make sure...and it was ethnically and racially diverse group of boys!

MSK ,

Try not to be too sad. Any pre-1930 model that made it this far into the 21 st century has had a Good Run.

Ba'al Chatzaf (a 1936 model).