Gameday:Prayers of the Pious Pro

caroljane

Dear Lord,

I beseech Thy grace and mercy for all the afflicted and the weary, especially this night for Thy servant Jonathan that he may have rest and ease upon the bench. And if it is Thy will that I may shut out the Oilers and have a spectacular glove save.

And I ask Thy blessing upon Thy sons in this worldly dwelling that they may come to know Thee and take Thy name in reverence and not in vain quite so much.

Ever thy humble servant.

James

PS I mean Jonathan Bernier, not Liles.

O Allah, the allmerciful,

I prostrate myself in submission and beg that I may stay submissive when standing up, even to Coach who is an infidel and yells instead of talking and does not appreciate me. And I beg your mercy on my brother in arms Tyler, that he may heal in your good time and not exert himself too soon, and maybe have a week with the Marlies to ease back into his game.

And for the sake of my mother whose saintliness you know, that what happens between games in Alberta stays in Alberta, and maybe B.C. later.

Let me grow in humility and shrink in turnovers if that is your will, and forgive me if I cut short prayers so as not to be late for practice Amen Nazem....

Amen and amen!

I humbly note that the prayer of Reimer was answered, he got a shutout ..and indeed that of Kadri, for Bozak is now on long term injured. But careful what you pray for, we got creamed in Vancouver and Bolland is bad injured.

Great Allah, did you hear him laughing when I tripped and took that bad fall? I thought I broke my coccyx and he was all hahaha! He didn't laugh too loud when his pet Bozak got hamstrung....he is a beast and a tyrant, O Allah turn his heathen heart to the fact that I get hurt he will have exactly ONE centre and then he would stop laughing, and help me be just and remember that he is still a lot better than Wilson was.

Gingerly,

Nazem

Holy Mary, Mother of God, I am grateful for the great blessings Your son has bestowed on me in my dream job and stepping stone to the NHL. And I ask you to intercede with him for one more prayer, not for myself but for my parent club, for their continued health and safety.

PLEASE keep the Leafs healthy, I am getting so many players called up and the replacement pool is running dry. Already the scouts are reduced to covering the Boy Scout Skateathons, and I have had to sign two Russian players who don`t speak English and then found out one of them was a figure skater.

In the name iof the Father, the Son, and all that`s Holy,

Scott S.

Marlies Head Coach