Lord Stanley I Presume?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Canadian and a Californian walk into a New York bar. It is dark, Canadian asks about number of New Yorkers it takes to screw in a litebulb.

New Yorkers reply >...........

Is there any particular emergency room you prefer to be taken too?

A Canadian and a Californian walk into a New York bar. It is dark, Canadian asks about number of New Yorkers it takes to screw in a litebulb.

New Yorkers reply >...........

Two.

One to screw in the lite bulb, and another to go out and pick up a couple of Big Gulps so they can celebrate when he's done.

Nice one Doc!

For tonite I will say 3-2. Ice is bad, but it is always bad in June, so opportunities will be missed unilaterally.

Pru Centre sure is red nest-ce pas? Rumour is, it is not all -paint!

Any way you could acquire LA tix-- celebrity pals? Your contacts as featured player on Atlas 2?

Tonite's score is a sure thing: 0-0. (Game #2 is on Saturday.)

I checked the prices on tickets for Game #3 in LA Monday night. They start at $447. (I think that may be for Staples' Center parking.)

Price to watch on Direct TV = $0.00. I think I know how I'm going to view the action.

Alas, I have no celebrity pals. Or even rich non-celebrity pals. Such be the tribulations of the bourgeoisie.

Zach Parise vs Jonathan Quick. Dustin Brown vs. Martin Brodeur. Should be interesting, to put it mildly.

We shall see if the Kings can keep their juggernaut (or is it a zamboni?) rolling—or if their record 8-0 road playoff record comes to an end tonight. An eighth seed (the Kings) facing a sixth seed (the Devils). Whichever team wins, they will be the lowest seed ever to hoist the trophy.

If the Kings take game one, it’s all over. The fairy tale has a happy ending, and Lord Stanley goes on permanent display in Tinseltown. He will be a sight for sore eyes. Heck. Maybe we’ll give him a star on the Walk of Fame.

The script has already been written. Everyone secretly knows the Kings come out on top. The hero gets the girl. The bad guys get out of Dodge on the noon train, devil’s tails between their respective legs.

Fuggedaboudit.

Zach Parise vs Jonathan Quick. Dustin Brown vs. Martin Brodeur. Should be interesting, to put it mildly.

We shall see if the Kings can keep their juggernaut (or is it a zamboni?) rolling—or if their record 8-0 road playoff record comes to an end tonight. An eighth seed (the Kings) facing a sixth seed (the Devils). Whichever team wins, they will be the lowest seed ever to hoist the trophy.

If the Kings take game one, it’s all over. The fairy tale has a happy ending, and Lord Stanley goes on permanent display in Tinseltown. He will be a sight for sore eyes. Heck. Maybe we’ll give him a star on the Walk of Fame.

The script has already been written. Everyone secretly knows the Kings come out on top. The hero gets the girl. The bad guys get out of Dodge on the noon train, devil’s tails between their respective legs.

Fuggedaboudit.

Correction on one detail.

Stanley will not be on permanent display. Lord S will travel to every winner players town, many adventures will ensue as always.

If Forces of Luz or Forces of Darkness prevail, La Coupe Stanley will spend a lot of time in Canada next year.

Tonight, I am sticking with the Devils.

New Jersey 3 LA Kings 2

Devils will be very aggressive in their fore checking tonight. The first period could be penalty filled and possibly a fight or two.

Adam

Due to my satellite limitations, I receive my playoffs in Punjabi. Seriously. Inderpreet and Parnarayan, in turbans and beards, sub for Don and Ron. My Punjabi is sub-optimal (nonexistent actually) but Inderpreet seems a confidtent analyst and is soulfully dark eyed.

2011 Stanley Cup winner, Tea Party Timmy, buys into imminent meltdown fears, and wants a year off. (Translation: wants a forced trade and $3M).

TT lives in Colorado, maybe will join Diana and Paul in Paleo Apocalypse Tomorrow.

1-0 LA. LA forwards are enormous!

Devils can mail in the rest of the series. They are basically toast. Outplayed at every turn.

Congratulations Dennis and Carol.

Adam

So sad to see Nicklas Lidstrom retire. Awesomest, classiest, cleanest D-man ever to strap on skates since Orr.

After 20 years, Lidstrom disappoints Detroit fans, for one and only time

Both OT games in New Jersey were about as close as they could have been. The difference has been Jonathan Quick.

If the Devils lose again tonight--regardless of how close the game is--they're done. No doubt about that. But a victory tonight could throw the outcome of the series in doubt.

Whatever the Kings are paying Quick, it ain't enough. He's inhuman.

And Darryl Sutter looks like a pretty smart replacement now.

Daccord, it is make or break for NJ. Fairly dull final so far, play-wise--lets see some fireworks over Tinseltown tonite!

The Kings are so clearly better at every phase of the game.

Much crisper passing. Always penetrating the defensive zone down the middle, whereas the Devils continuously shift the puck around the edges which the Kings clearly anticipate.

The Kings transition from defense to offense is seamless and aggressive. Add to that the sharply superior goal tending by Quick and you have the romp that you see before your eyes.

The Devil's goalie is playing extremely well but Quick is playing perfectly.

Eight (8) goals to two (2) goals over almost two hundred minutes of hockey - end of story. It will be a sweep.

Congrats.

Adam

Over the weekend, a mysterious glowing object suddenly appeared above the Hollywood sign. . . .

http://now.msn.com/n...tanley-cup.aspx

(I’ve been trying to post the image for two days, but something seems to be wrong with image posting functionality on OL. %#$@&!! )

Was this "ghost" the work of pranksters?

A Kings’ publicity stunt? Sunspots? Nonsense. Someone was giving us a sign.

If anyone suspected divine intervention might be a factor in the Kings’ amazing playoff march. . . .Well, now you know.

The Kings are truly a team of destiny--as New Jersey will likely bear witness (one final time) tonight.