FEE's final event at the mansion in Irvington

I booked my flight and will be flying from Austin to attend the evening at FEE on Saturday 23 August. This will be the last event ever held at the FEE mansion in Irvington. They appear to have finalized their move to Atlanta and are auctioning off many items from this beautiful landmark. The mansion was FEE's home from the late 1940's. I'm very sad to this wonderful place go, even though I understand why it's happening.

I attended my first seminar there back in July 1994, and it was the best week of my life. The mansion was very much a part of the experience. A seminar at a hotel or a college just isn't the same as a seminar at what was something like a frat house. I could walk from the classroom to my bedroom in about two minutes. They let us take books back to our rooms and trusted us to pay for them on Friday. Sometimes we even left our doors wide open--they were no room keys.

Even if you don't have all these happy memories of the FEE mansion like I do, come out and give the mansion the kind of sendoff it deserves. I hope some other VIP's will be there, realizing what a special event this is. Go here:

http://www.fee.org/publications/detail/irvington-farewell-series-how-to-lose-your-constitution-lessons-from-the-roman-republic-featuring-lawrence-w-reed