youtube

BAMF

• 3 months later...

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came across this via a link on the Reason site, it's from North Korea, um, wow.

The original song title translates into "A Girl In The Saddle Of A Steed," but "Excellent Horse-Like Lady" has served well in generating many views...

Partial translation of lyrics, per May Jeong via Twitter:

"Our factory comrades say in jest,

Why they tell me I am a virgin on a stallion

After a full day's work I still have energy left

My skills are truly like lightening they say

They say I am a virgin on a stallion

Yet again today I was the first to leave for work

Apparently my name was in the paper"

Those above lyrics are scary...

Anyway, here's a great song I love that's a little bit less ear-rapey than my usual.

Enjoy The Silence by Depeche Mode

I expect that people in North Korea, stuck in their dreary Government jobs, with no hope for ever getting anywhere better in the world, need something upbeat to keep them going. Trouble is, it’s so artificial that it probably makes things worse. I gotta say, however, the “virgin on a stallion” line is more clever than the lame double entendres you get from the likes of Britney Spears. Hit me baby one more time, is that like, about sex or something?

Imagine if the North Korean culture ministry put out music that accurately reflected conditions in the country. Here’s how it would have to sound:

I expect that people in North Korea, stuck in their dreary Government jobs, with no hope for ever getting anywhere better in the world, need something upbeat to keep them going. Trouble is, it's so artificial that it probably makes things worse.

Exactly. It is so transparently propagandistic it only makes it scarier.

I gotta say, however, the "virgin on a stallion" line is more clever than the lame double entendres you get from the likes of Britney Spears. Hit me baby one more time, is that like, about sex or something?

Well I doubt North Korea has a liberal sexual culture, so the "virgin on a stallion" thing might be a triple entendre with additional totalitarian meanings. That said, "virgin on a stallion" certainly seems.... ill-advised.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...