View the Atlas Shrugged Movie Trailer Today!

Ed Hudgins

View the Atlas Shrugged Movie Trailer Today!

The trailer to Atlas Shrugged Part 1 can be viewed on the film's website today!

The first public showing of this preview will be seen at a FreedomWorks event at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington, D.C. the afternoon of February 11. It will then go live online for all to see.

This film is the first installment of a trilogy of Ayn Rand's epic novel and will open in theaters on April 15.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trailer to Atlas Shrugged Part 1 can be viewed on the film's website today!

Later today, at 4:30 pm EST, or so says Scott J. DeSapio (the Online Marketing Director) in reply to comments at the page above. Apparently the 'count-down' clock is bozed, and no one can fix it:

We're premiering the trailer at CPAC on Friday afternoon. As soon as we hit the play button there, we're going to hit the play button here and, voila.

Couple of things to remember:

1. You'll need to refresh this page if you're already here when the time comes.

2. It's not an exact countdown - CPAC is going to be hectic but, for SURE, WITHOUT QUESTION, the trailer will be live on this page Friday... ish.

Maybe.

Just kidding. For sure Friday.

By the way. The trailer... is AWESOME. ;)

Folks:

Looks great to me.

I would follow Dagny down the railroad tracks.

The political scenes play really well.

Adam

I'm in when do we declare the strike!

Words can not describe how much I am looking forward to this!

I truly hope the movie portrays the novel in all its plodding, one dimensional, pedantic Glory!

Joel:

Excellent objective review.

Thanks.

Adam

I just watched the trailer.

It was superb.

All in about two tightly-packed minutes, it had drama, great music, a pulse-pounding force, lots of little 'teaser' things that indicate momentous stakes, Dagny Taggart-intensity in the actress, the cryptic "Who Is John Galt?" line, the eventually-to-be-ironic idea that Dagny will name her own railroad business after him...

Really works as a trailer, as something which ropes in interest. Which is all a trailer needs to do.

i) I also liked the 'solidity' of the Rearden actor.) ii) As a very minor side benefit, the Economic Dictator even reminds you just a bit of Barney Frank. iii) I also felt it was appropriate (and looks as if it will be well-acted) that major heroic characters are a bit reserved toward each other at first until they find that they are dealing with people of character and not looters(or even expressing white-hot rage, as does Ellis Wyatt.)

Edited by Philip Coates

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a WINNER!!

The AS movie TRAILER is the most exciting thing to come out of the Objectivist movement in, oh, about 50 years. If the movie lives up to it, or even comes close, then, to quote Nathaniel Branden, "this culture is cooked."

I agree completely with Phil who said:

It was superb.

All in about two tightly-packed minutes, it had drama, great music, a pulse-pounding force, lots of little 'teaser' things that indicate momentous stakes, Dagny Taggart-intensity in the actress, the cryptic "Who Is John Galt?" line, the eventually-to-be-ironic idea that Dagny will name her own railroad business after him...

Really works as a trailer, as something which ropes in interest. Which is all a trailer needs to do.

i) I also liked the 'solidity' of the Rearden actor.) ii) As a very minor side benefit, the Economic Dictator even reminds you just a bit of Barney Frank. iii) I also felt it was appropriate (and looks as if it will be well-acted) that major heroic characters are a bit reserved toward each other at first until they find that they are dealing with people of character and not looters(or even expressing white-hot rage, as does Ellis Wyatt.)

Yes, Rearden and Dagny were terrific, as was Ellis. And I chuckled in startled amusement at the Barney-Frank-like appearance of the Looter-in-Chief.

What a way to celebrate Tax Day 2011 this will be! This should give both the Objectivist and Tea Party movements a big boost -- not to mention my own spirits!

Excitedly,

REB

It's going viral! Over 300 views so far!

That was great.

It looks really good. I thought John Galt didn't have any lines, who's Midas talking to then? I distinctly remember the director saying he wasn't playing John Galt, except as a stand in, someone seen walking away.

It was superb.

http://www.objectivistliving.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8705&view=findpost&p=99865

The crow's fresh as it gets, dig in!

Actually, it's still too soon, we have to let it marinate a couple more months.

Good call. That whole thread is an education, a living definition of Incorrigible. I can only imagine Mrs Grundy at home:

-- you have your sweater on backward.

-- no, I don't.

-- and inside-out.

-- nuh uh.

-- and it doesn't match your skirt, which is also on backwards.

-- wrong.

-- well, sweetheart, if you want to wear the green skirt with the orange top and the seam sides out and zippers to the front, to your interview for deputy hallmonitor at the Pre-school, I can't stop you. The white socks and fuck-me pumps are a nice touch though. Good luck.

-- what's that supposed to mean?

-- it means I love you, darling, and always will, but sometimes you are fucked in the head. I know you are going to change your pretty outfit once you get on the bus, and that when you get home later you will pretend that this conversation never happened. It's okay. Here's your lunch. Try not get hit by a car again. Call me if you get lost.

-- I didn't get hit by a car.

Edited by william.scherk

Yes, Phil, in case you miss the point of Roy Cohn Jr., et al., you are not allowed to base your current opinion on new information, or give credit where due, but must continue with you past reservations, so that our resident carrion crows will continue to have you as a convenient target.

Phil: "Now look Wilbur, it just cannot be done. Men...wait a minute."

"Orville, put down that model with those things on the side and that wire and pay attention."

"Now boys, you are bicycle repair men not engineers." "Stick to what you now and stop being arrogant know it alls!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXkSQW3xul8

"Man cannot fly, now go fix my bike!"

Yes, Phil, in case you miss the point of Roy Cohn Jr., et al., you are not allowed to base your current opinion on new information, or give credit where due, but must continue with you past reservations, so that our resident carrion crows will continue to have you as a convenient target.

No, by all means base your opinion on the latest information, but take responsibility for your past pontifications. Like the Vatican takes its lumps for Galileo. Live and learn. Have some tasty crow.

No, by all means base your opinion on the latest information, but take responsibility for your past pontifications. Like the Vatican takes its lumps for Galileo. Live and learn. Have some tasty crow.

Yes, I too am glad this trailer is so exciting. Fifty years of waiting is validated by this - the opportunity once more - to mock someone. Where do I sign the petition condemning him irrevocably? Oh how proud we Objectionists.

Edited by Ted Keer

Yes, I too am glad this trailer is so exciting. Fifty years of waiting is validated by this - the opportunity once more - to mock someone. Where do I sign the petition condemning him irrevocably? Oh how proud we Objectionists.

Welcome to Hollywood, Objectivists, where you get to crow and/or eat crow 24/7, and nobody knows anything.

Subject: (*pun alert*) Phil Goes on a Fowl Diet

Guys,

If the movie turns out to be great, I will be happy to have:

1. sauteed crow for breakfast

2. boiled crow feathers sandwich for lunch

3. pickled crows feet for dinner..

4. And a crow smoothie for snacks...after I kiss ND's butt.

The trailer certainly suggests something good. And it would be well worth it!

Guys,

Phil:

From your keyboard to Jesus, Yahweh, Allah and/or the deity, deities or natural icon of your choice's ears.

Adam

Guys,

Now that's the spirit! Re number 4, no tongue ok?

Uh-oh, what's this? There's a site claiming to have the whole film, they want you to fill out a survey before letting you in, it gives me a bit of a creepy feeling so I'm not doing it, not yet anyway. This YouTube video has the link. Assuming this is something illegal (well, duh!), hopefully the producers can do something about it PDQ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlgV-vwkEPk

BTW there's three of these up on YouTube (as of now):

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=videos&search_query=ayn+rand&search_sort=video_date_uploaded&suggested_categories=25%2C22%2C27

Edited by Ninth Doctor