Atlas Shrugged: The Making of a Movie! In NYC, 12/7/2010!

Ed Hudgins

Atlasmovielogo-small.jpg

The Atlas Society is proud to present "Atlas Shrugged: The Making of a Movie." After years of anticipation John Aglialoro has completed filming Part I of what will be a trilogy. David Kelley, Atlas Society founder and executive director, consulted on a script that is true to the characters and philosophy of Ayn Rand's epic novel.

This special evening will include a seated program in the historic Hudson Theatre with a first time viewing of an Atlas Shrugged film clip, special remarks from producers John Aglialoro and Harmon Kaslow, as well as select cast members, followed by a general cocktail reception. There will also be a VIP reception with an opportunity to meet and mingle the producers and cast members.

When: Tuesday, December 7, 2010

6:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

Where: The Millennium Broadway Hotel

Hudson Theatre

145 West 44th Street

New York, New York 10036

For further information and to purchase tickets, visit our ticket page.

Forward this email! Tell your friends! It's time to celebrate the arrival of Rand's magnum opus to the silver screen!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Ed. Those are great links

$100 for a Atlas Society contributer, $250 per ticket for a non contributer, and $500 for admission to the whole shebang, including sipping cocktails with the stars is quite decent. A few years ago I got some third row Vegas tickets for my daughter and her husband to see Barry Manilow and they were $250 each if I remember correctly.

What's the weather forcast for December in New York City?

Semper cogitans fidele,

Peter Taylor

Thanks Ed. Those are great links

$100 for a Atlas Society contributor, $250 per ticket for a non contributor[sic], and $500 for admission to the whole shebang, including sipping cocktails with the stars is quite decent. A few years ago I got some third row Vegas tickets for my daughter and her husband to see Barry Manilow and they were $250 each if I remember correctly.

What's the weather forecast[sic] for December in New York City?

Semper cogitans fidele,

Peter Taylor

Peter:

There will definitely be weather, despite global warming, we expect it to be cold. It might snow. It might rain. There will definitely not be any Jap Zeros in the air as us vicious racist Americans defeated them by 1945 and pretty much ended the production of fighters from the Japanese.

Adam

Adam wrote:

There will definitely not be any Jap Zeros in the air as us vicious racist Americans defeated them by 1945 and pretty much ended the production of fighters from the Japanese.

end quote

Godzilla was a good fighter. Was he Japanese, or just an occupying invader?

I lived in Sasebo, Japan, for about seven months, in 1966, and the only time I ran into hatred was with a man who lost relatives in Nagasaki ran into me in a bar, where I was drinking Kirin, which must be the saltiest beer in the Japanese Empire.

He said, "I hate you!" Other than that, they were quite pleasant.

Peter

This special evening will include a seated program in the historic Hudson Theatre with a first time viewing of an Atlas Shrugged film clip, special remarks from producers John Aglialoro and Harmon Kaslow, as well as select cast members, followed by a general cocktail reception. There will also be a VIP reception with an opportunity to meet and mingle the producers and cast members.

For that kind of money, you would think attendees would get to see more than a "clip."

We're pleased to announce we will be featuring a ten minute one-time viewing of an Atlas Shrugged film clip, which will include the first scene from the movie, at "Atlas Shrugged: The Making of a Movie" on December 7th in New York City!

This is an exclusive for The Atlas Society!

Cost of admission is exorbitant.

I will wait until the movie is shown in theaters and hope for a DVD.

While I am hoping, I have always imagined the movie version starting as it does in the book. In particular I hope we meet Dagny as we do in the train scene. It was good enough for Ayn Rand.

Do hope this is successful and that the subsequent parts of the trilogy exceed expectations, especially for those of us who are lovers of the book.

gulch

Edited by gulch8

We're pleased to announce we will be featuring a ten minute one-time viewing of an Atlas Shrugged film clip, which will include the first scene from the movie, at "Atlas Shrugged: The Making of a Movie" on December 7th in New York City!

This is an exclusive for The Atlas Society!

For nonmembers, that works out to $25 per minute for a film clip.

I would imagine the event will be quite exclusive.

Cost of admission is exorbitant.

I would imagine the event will be quite exclusive.

Oh come on, people! Cocktail reception, as in open bar? Well, one hopes it’s an open bar…

Think of it like a wedding reception, you have to drop some cash on a gift, right? Good chance there’ll be memorabilia, door prizes, T-shirts or something…they're going to make it worth your while, don't you think?

Now why they had to pick December 7, the feast day of St. Ambrose, I mean don’t they know that’s opening night at La Scala? Just try getting a ticket for that.

http://www.teatroallascala.org/it/stagioni/2010_2011/opera-e-balletto/die_walkuere.html

Wow, look at that cast. Haven't heard of the tenor though.

Edited by Ninth Doctor

Ed,

Congrats! Bringing Atlas Shrugged to the screen has been a long time coming.

Jim

If you have not yet seen it, how do you know you will like this production?

Ba'al Chatzaf

God, you are an asshole, Bob.

That was uncalled for. It is a perfectly reasonable question.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Not as asshole. As Aspie. That is exactly the kind of question we Aspies are inclined to ask.

On the other hand you exhibit some neuro-typical extremities.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Got your attention?

Unless I have missed the thread, Bob, everything you produce, quibble, contradiction, and complaint, is in some way black and smells bad.

A reasonable question, you say? Based on what niggardly premise?

You do not think that your insulting response to a congratulatory remark was uncalled for?

You do not have to be miserable, but I have seen very few people (otherwise worth reading) who work at it so hard in public as you do.

Edited by Ted Keer

Ted,

You should have seen Bob when he showed up.

His idea of settling an issue like the Middle East problem was to nuke entire cities, kill off the survivors and their bloodlines, then bomb the rubble.

People regularly called him things like asshole back then.

But he has found a place here on OL where his good side blossoms. And if you look past the quirky Aspie form of expression, you will find a heart the size of the continental USA.

People have stopped calling him names, I believe, because they have seen this transformation and this allowed them to see what a really good person he is underneath. I know I would trust him with my kids.

Give it a chance. Bob rocks.

He has a wonderful mind.

All you have to do is want to see it and you do because it's there.

Michael

Got your attention?

Unless I have missed the thread, Bob, everything you produce, quibble, contradiction, and complaint, is in some way black and smells bad.

A reasonable question, you say? Based on what niggardly premise?

Based on the niggardly premise that errors should be corrected. You know how it is. True is better than False and stuff like that. When a conclusion is made the logic or evidence leading to it should be made plain. Unfounded assumptions should be clearly labeled unfounded. That sort of thing.

Hans Christian Anderson wrote a story about me. It is entitled -The Emperor and His New Clothes-. I was, I am and I will be as long as I live, the little boy of that story.

And please feel free to call me out on the same sort of errors that I call others out on. (Yes, I ended the sentence with a preposition, so sue me).

Ba'al Chatzaf

Hans Christian Anderson wrote a story about me. It is entitled -The Emperor and His New Clothes-. I was, I am and I will be as long as I live, the little boy of that story.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Best way to be. I love that story, but I wonder who I am in it? One of the two weavers?

Do you enjoy Peter Pan too? I love that one but see my more of a Captain Hook.

Anyway, even if the film isn't any good, what is a $100 to a prime mover? Pocket change.

I won't be able to make it. I will be too busy sticking pins into Japanese Barbi-san dolls.

Ba'al Chatzaf

I won't be able to make it. I will be too busy sticking pins into Japanese Barbi-san dolls.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Excellent Ba'al LOL!!

Food for thought: can't we just be happy about an AS movie being made? I'm not trying to imitate Phil here, but this would seem--for Objectivists--to be something worthy of congratulations, sans any kind of sniping.

Ed: congratulations! [And I mean it...]

Edited by PDS

Food for thought: can't we just be happy about an AS movie being made? I'm not trying to imitate Phil here, but this would seem--for Objectivists--to be something worthy of congratulations, sans any kind of sniping, of any kind.

Ed: congratulations! [And I mean it...]

BRAVO PDS

Excellent job Ed.

Adam